Freakshow Collective Seed Run [CLOSED]

I see where it gets its name…crazy as hell.

2 Likes

Get some of those plastic clip on tomatoes my dad used :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

8 Likes

Actually the males bring structure to the mix.

3 Likes

No more so than a female pollen-donor. And making structure selections in males to pass on to females is inherently more difficult because males grow differently and with different structure than females. You really can’t make a decision until you test a male’s progeny. (This is still true for crosses with female pollen-donors, but in that case the parent more directly expresses the traits for which you are selecting.)

5 Likes

No. Not Lavender. Sorry I missed this post 5 days ago but it’s funny I read it just now. I was looking for the plant I was talking about on my drive home from work. The foliage looks extremely similar on both the pot and this plant. It comes up early in the year, around now, and before the flower opens when just the Tips of the purple flower petals are coming out of the bud it looks a bit like a mini pineapple with purple leaves. I could put that freak plant in my garden with the one I’m thinking of and no one would ever notice it, at least when it’s Young.

4 Likes

One could grow the freakshow amongst these, who would know?

17 Likes

Great match! Since I’ve been keeping a lookout, I’ve seen all sorts of different plants that look like this freak Show plant. I can see a future for in the landscape business. Edible Landscaping lol.

6 Likes

Apparently the guy who made the freakshow calls himself shapeshifter…has been breeding mutants and dysfunctional plants for 30 years or something.

8 Likes

Females are showing…

Males are showing…

Cool looking plants…

Freakshow closet…

Just measured and the closet is 28" x 28"…using a marshydro TS1000 (150watt qb)

22 Likes

Just love them !!!
Seriously how cool are these plants

9 Likes

Way to go @Tappy. Thos are some seriously freaky looking plants, but you seem to be handling them very well. Keep on keeping on man.

8 Likes

Woho :tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::fire: way to go @Tappy !! Absolutely amazing those freaks !!!

7 Likes

Looking good, now is when the fun starts

6 Likes

Straight up! Wish I had more space, but, it is what it is. All we need is a few hundred/thousand seeds to spread around…cant wait to see you guys give these plants a go in large pots, hydro and outdoors!!!

11 confirmed females, 6 confirmed males…nice ratio!!! I’m just going to let these seed naturally.

15 Likes

Do they breed true I wonder? Notice any growing quirks? Grow like normal plants?

3 Likes

Some of them grew 2 or 3 main tops without any training or topping.
Some of them grew into a menorah type shape…top stops growing vertically…lowest branches stretch and it looks just like this :menorah: .
Some straight up look like bonsai trees.
Lights on…I’ll get some pics going.

11 Likes

Those bonsai were naturally like that? No training?

3 Likes

The only thing I’ve done to any of them, is trim the lowers before flip.

The twin towers (female)…lol.
No topping or training, but two (2) tops.

The third tower (female)!!! If you go back in the thread, this is the one where the top just stopped “to take a piss” I’m pretty sure I said. No topping or training.

Another double (male)…

And then there’s this thing (female)…wasn’t sure how to take the picture so you can see how freaky it is…like a fuckin skeleton leaf

451wkl

23 Likes

:clap: :clap: those are completely weirdos look at the last one :joy: ,

Definitely so much fun seeing them I can’t imagine growing them

8 Likes

I’d be on board with that idea !
Get my freak on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes