Freakshow Collective Seed Run [CLOSED]

sweet !!! :microbe: :microbe: :microbe: :microbe: :microbe: :microbe: :microbe: :microbe: :microbe: :microbe:

3 Likes

@Tappy strikes again. :slight_smile: Great job man.:vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

5 Likes

Those are nice and frostyā€¦ :slight_smile:

Itā€™ll be interesting to read the smoke report ā€¦

I way always under the impression that reducing light hours modestly speeds up maturity of the cannabis plantā€¦trade-off obviously being harvest sizeā€¦

Might work to speed up bean maturityā€¦thoughts?

3 Likes

You could increase the hours up tu 16 for these couple of weeks they may speed the things up

1 Like

Both of those sound accurateā€¦has there been any kind of study or anything doneā€¦hmmmā€¦quick, to the google machine for contradicting answers!!!

I know when trying to get pollen, when I put the males back into 24/0 they dropped pollen shortly after thatā€¦but cutting the light to less than 12 hours a day seems to make more sense for seeds rather than pollenā€¦Iā€™m only concerned about about seed yield, and weā€™re on the home stretch here. Might drop it down to 8 hours light.
Frigā€¦edit, like, 4, ā€¦would less light give the plant less energy to finish the seeds?..blursed plant biologyā€¦would more light help give more of a burst of energy for seeds to finish?

1 Like

Would be awesome if you could split the area in two running one at 16 hours, the other at 8 and see what it the fastest one.
Make sense your thoughts, In my opinion increasing the hours will help to accelerate things at least for the next 2 weeks as the plants will not start to re-veg just yet.

More hours, more photosynthesis, more growth.

Also I also do increase the micronutrients, specially something with good levels of boron , it helps to develop that brownish/ tiger strip coat that we all like, even though this strain seems like doesnā€™t need it, may help

2 Likes

I was always taught/readā€¦that when light hours are reduced the plant accelerates its ā€œself preservationā€'mode as the growing season comes to an end thus producing seeds quickerā€¦

Anyone else want to hop in and vote?..we both canā€™t be right with polar opposite viewsā€¦chuckle.

5 Likes

Pakore

I agree tests have to be done for more tangible infoā€¦:+1:

I think light hours are confusing and dynamic in generalā€¦somewhat of a paradox.

As much as I agree, more light offers ā€œmore foot on the gas-pedalā€ sorta speak, there is a reason why photoperiod plants have a rest cycle rather than pushing them with 24 hrs of lightā€¦Itā€™s not necessarily all photosynthesis drivenā€¦Much like a bodybuilder requires rest and sleep, which is when muscle is actually built.

Cheers

2 Likes

I think if you give less light , then less time for seeds to develop
If you give more light then the power that was going to seeds shall now be shared with reveging
Stick with 12/12 : )

3 Likes

So the conclusion is just LITFA? hum|nullxnull

5 Likes

@Tappy hopefully there are still seeds left for Germany, hehe

1 Like

sooooo cool. I got 5 regular freakshow seeds Iā€™m starting hopefully sometime very soon. I wonder if I should get some stuff to catch pollen. If they are a lil slow getting started, auto is probably not worth doing. Did u cross it w anything that may need a quick backcross with more random freak pollen?

2 Likes

You risk revegging a plant. Even if it isnā€™t actively growing veg for 2 weeks, it will be hormonally triggered. I wouldnā€™t do it during seed fill personally.

I have done the opposite; taking plants out of a grow room to make room for the next thing, leaving them in a side room with nearly no light to die as the seed matures. It works fine. At this point the plant has enough reserves to finish.

Some seeds are aborts regardless.

5 Likes

Some of the ufs18 from 50state got hit with freakshow pollen unintentionally. So Iā€™m letting those go extra long to get some uncle festers freaks seedsā€¦lol.
If I did a small punit square, would I be able to get a rough idea of how many of those seeds would show freakshow traits?..or am I still buzzing?

Editā€¦also the bodhi DLA8 (pure afghan x 88g13hp) f2 from dyad got hit with some of the freakshow pollenā€¦so letting that go longer for seed maturity too.

4 Likes

Think itā€™ll depend if the leaf trait is dominant, recessive, or a double recessive trait. But if I remember correctly, worst case, if itā€™s double recessive then none will show as freakshow in the F1ā€™s, and I think only ~25% of the F2ā€™s. If itā€™s single recessive again, nothing will show in the F1ā€™s, but should get a higher (~50%) percentage in the F2ā€™s. If itā€™s dominant you should see at least ~25-50% freakshow in the F1ā€™s.
Someone please correct me if Iā€™m wrong :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

single recessive would be 1 outta 4 in F2. Double recessive would be 1 outta 16.
At least itā€™ll be easy to see who has it as soon as they get started. So just gotta start a lot more and weed them out early.
I believe I have Mnogolistka coming in a month or 2. I dont know much about them other than they have a double leaf genetic. Gonna try and get a mix going on eventually.
It seems like it should be made purple too eventually. Just freak it up a little more. lololol

8 Likes

Holy Angel

If you were to breed freakshow, lets call it (Homozygous ā€œffā€) as itā€™s recessive, with anything else other than freakshowā€¦All offspring would be heterozygous "Ff"and none of these progeny would show the ā€œfreakshowā€ traitā€¦Breeding these beans f1 with one another to produce f2ā€™s is where the fun beginsā€¦freakshow offspring will begin to show in this generationā€¦(Approx 25% of which will show the trait, 25% would have none of the freakshow recessive genes and 50% would have heterozygous ā€œFfā€)ā€¦at this point its tough to tell individual ā€œgenotypesā€ other than those showing the physical freakshow ā€œPhenotypeā€. Breeding further generations of these f2ā€™s, can reveal some of the hidden heterozygous recessive freakshow geneticsā€¦

I hope this ā€œquick nā€™ dirtyā€ explanation helps a bitā€¦

What I would find interesting is the outcome of crossing freakshow with another recessive traitā€¦the webbed strainā€¦which of these traits is more dominant of the two? Maybe even codominant or incomplete dominant producing an entirely new leaf structure?

10 Likes

your going to endup with some new freaky strains thats for sure @Tappy

2 Likes

Yupā€¦LITFA is on the menuā€¦

4 Likes

My LITFA patch.

18 Likes