Free Bahia Landrace seeds. Free shipping worldwide! **closed**

Thats f’n awesome :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Soak, soak, soak & wait, wait, wait.

3 Likes

Sounds like the same strain, couple years back a member from down there sent a few people a handful of those beans in hopes of the strain being preserved. He had included pictures of the crop after harvest and it was definitely being bricked up and was some realy dark oily looking buds. Stringy and trimmed horribly but it would be neat to see it grown out with some love and care to see it’s full potential.

6 Likes

By chance any of these still up for grabs?

2 Likes

Here is some info from Luiz of the Brazilian seed company from around 2008.

9 Likes

Hi @Heritagefarms, I doubt whether these beans could be the almost mythical “Cabeça de Nego.” Everyone around here likes to say they have access to it, but honestly there’s a lot of bragging.

And @corey these are actually what is called around here, “fumo solto” meaning loose weed, not pressed into a brick. What gets a bit confusing is that brick weed in the northeast of Brazil could either be these simply pressed so it gets easier to be moved around, or, less common, due to increasing street price because of distance and security reasons, comes from either Colombia or Paraguay. Most of the country is flooded with Paraguayan brick weed, yet it is way more common and accessible in the Southeast of Brazil. Now, due to prohibition, it is not easy at all to ask questions 'cause these people get to feel suspicious, I do not think it’d be a great idea to be mildly inquisitive with them! lol! If you know I mean!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :flushed: One detail seems to be clear, whenever I get some, after branches, shake and seeds are sorted out, despite being dry at times, there are some nice buds (of course, no trace of frost, it is roughly harvested, dried and handled, in the worst way possible). And whenever I make my joints from these, comparing to brick weed when it is decent, it is certainly lighter in intensity, but I can tell you it is indeed a nice, immersion in timelessness for a while, high! No doubt! Pleased to see OGers being able to pop them! Looking forward to seeing the results too!! :pray: :hugs:

11 Likes

I love to hear you telling some of the story of this strain, especially because you are now a part of it’s story!

4 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures you mean am I glued to the wall, not very different from the “Black Cat” or the “Tell Tale” one!? from Edgar Allan Poe’s stories!? :flushed: :dizzy_face: :rofl: Hope not! lol! Wish I could say I made it, like so many awesome OGers here!! Thanks anyways my friend!! Appreciate it! Don’t mind the joke!

3 Likes

That’s always been a problem in the cannabis world, a lot of times things are imported from elsewhere then people collect the seed and label as from that region when in reality it was from somewhere else.
I was hoping these were the cabeca but it sounds like your pretty sure they are not.
There is some authentic cabeca beans floating around the community here but the few people who tried to germinate have had zero luck. I have a vial I’m sitting on that I may need to try to grow out this coming fall considering how uncommon you say it has become.
I’m sure the person who they came from was knowledgeable about what was what and from where based on the pictures he was able to take and shared with me. He had pictures of certain aspects of the trade down there that most anybody else would be turned into compost over.

3 Likes

Very true. Older Brazilian growers that are out in the open about anything cannabis related are far and few.

Chances are that you can still obtain pure landrace varieties that have not been crossed with modern hybrids; but they are slim, and the people who still hold on to those cultivars are not rushing to expose themselves in the current / general political climate of Brazil.

Although Brazilians are generally welcoming and hospitable, the Cannabis community has been treated miserably there and the term for a pot head is almost synonymous with scum. To be called a maconheiro in public when I lived there was almost worst than being accused of the most violent or heinous crime… sad and even more so because our peoples hold a wealth of knowledge surrounding plant medicines and agriculture & could have been a top shelf supplier of healing were it not for the ignorance it is plagued with to this day.

8 Likes

They showed up today! Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it!

Y’all be good to one another.

fr0g_D

3 Likes

The beans have landed!!!:grin: thx to all that made this happen

2 Likes

Awesome! I hope we can keep this thread going…

3 Likes

First Bahia sprout! This one is in the closet under 18/6 and the one I planted yesterday is in my flower tent, Still waiting on the 3rd seed to germ

11 Likes

Man that’s awesome! I’m stoked to see that!

5 Likes

It will be extra crazy jn my 2x2 tent, I have a Molokai Frost with 100+ day flower period right now at 7 weeks… Gotta love that sativa!

4 Likes

Absolutely. I am definitely in tuned with this one… male or female, either way we need to get seeds and or crosses so we can all benifit from this. Your of to a great start @Mr_Greenfern!

2 Likes

Mine havent showed up yet

2 Likes

I just went through my log and everyone has 2 check marks. That means all envelopes were mailed. Are you in the states? If so give it another week then dm me, and we will work things out. Thanks.
As far as Canada goes. Most letters arrive 10 to 17 days. Everywhere else expect up to 6 to 7 weeks… “up to 7 weeks”. It’s still a very busy time for postal workers. Thanks

9 Likes

All good buddy, snail mail is bad enough. Coming from canada, let’s hop they make it by spring!

3 Likes