Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 5 (Part 5)

Usually it’s Smoke on the Water people want to learn first from that album.
The Space Truckin track was probably my favorite.

2 Likes

0-3-5 0-3-6-5 0-3-5-3-0 :metal:

2 Likes

I wonder how many people learned that and thought they were going to be the next Ritchie Blackmore?
That was me at twelve years old. I grew up on bluegrass and country. I heard that album and started saving for a Strat.

1 Like

Hey just want to thank @Worstsideman63 for the card today, dont know how you did it but they mustve had wings on them got here fast. Good looking out bro thanks

1 Like

I DO THIS WITH MY BIRD!

I YELL “KAWKAW” and he yells back “KAW!”

Maybe I should stop showing him the movie Evolution.

@DougDawson :

4 Likes

Awesome, good morning tunes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Smoke, on the water….
Duh da duh, duh duh da duh, duh da duh, da duh.

One of the first songs I learned on the guitar…

2 Likes

Better than Green Day.

I farted on a snare drum once. It was better than Green Day.

3 Likes

I’m sure the snare drum had “…the time of it’s life.”

5 Likes

It’s just lucky it was a fart and not a “dookie”.

3 Likes

It may have like that. No kink shaming @Slick1 ! The drum is allowed to like what it likes!

2 Likes

You can go on and scat with that shit man!

9:16 AM on a Tuesday morning and I’m already full bore fecal puns.

3 Likes

But I play Bass… Smoke on the water has a boring bass line, Highway Star was much more fun to play! I mean, just listen to that opening bass run! And all his “running basslines” within the song… Back then, bass was usually relegated to super repetitive “e e e e e e e e a a a a a a a a” BS… Bands like Yes, Rush, Deep Purple, Kansas and even Lynyrd Skynyrd were highly influential in my bass playing…

Truth be know, other than Pop 40 and sad country, my musical tastes are all over.
Classical / progressive rock / 80’s hair bands / industrial / jam bands / world music / even adult contemporary (Yes, I have seen Yanni, and I’ve seen Anthrax lol).

3 Likes

If Yanni opened for Anthrax I would probably go too :rofl:

2 Likes

Actually… Anthrax opened for Iron Maiden :smiley: In a snowstorm… It was Iron Maiden’s “No Prayer for the Dying” tour…

Yanni was by himself (took my pops to see him, definitely a great night!)

Toad was always good. Saw them at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC, and another small venue in NJ, Sayreville I think? Like older Toad more, stuff from the albums Pale, Coil or Fear is much better than the stuff “after they hit it big” with “Walk On The Water”…

Thanks bro, I take that as a compliment. My Momma always told me I was the shit! :laughing:

2 Likes

OMG the last time I heard this band’s name it was a punchline on Bob’s Burgers.

Just a reminder, I still need an address from @Qtip and @bassman5420 for the Black Snow and Dosi Kush

3 Likes