From SSeeDD to sail.. exploring SSDD, pollen chucks & Bodhi Crosses

Looks great! Glad I caught up on your thread haha. I’m just sniffing my seeded k4 ssdd plants and imagining.

10 Likes

Glad to have you here and am watching your project with a lot of interest. Love the look of the 2nd picture you posted a few days ago :

Incase anyone somehow missed it.

I really liked the 3 I tried from that cross. You picked a great one to preserve in my opinion. I’ve been really happy with every SSDD cross that I’ve tried so far really.

13 Likes

Thanks!, lucked out on the choice I think. Especially as I’m Loving the sour soapy kush smells. Fingers crossed they cure out like that.

I was stoked on that plant as well she has a great sour note and the stems haven’t gone floppy.

Close up from the same plant.

This was another one I’m super interested in

They really don’t seem like they’ll disappoint with sensi.

Got a couple of crosses with the pollen that’ll be interesting to see how it breeds. super collider (royal kush x old grandpa scratch) x k4 ssdd and purple poison cookies x k4ssdd

19 Likes

Ya I like the thinner leaves on that one, reminds me of my ‘blue’ tinted pheno. All were good smoke regardless though!

Here’s some Waking Dream (wifi 43 x ssdd) getting closer. Never seen a picture of wifi I don’t think and don’t trust what I’d find googling. A bit leafy and smaller buds but I still am liking the look :

Triple Sunshine C - frosty small buds

SSDD #3 - smells good. ridiculously leafy. Thinking about pulling this one soon. Currently we’re around 60-65 days I think.

19 Likes

Damn, those plants just keep looking better and better! The top of the Waking Dream kind of looks like the SSDD #3, is that not the wizard’s hat that @HolyAngel refers to when talking about SSDD?

11 Likes

The interesting thing about that is when I did the mass cull after the intersex male was detected I added 2 Waking Dream cuttings. The other one doesn’t look quite the same. Calyxes, trichome density, pistil color etc looks the same but the overall top bud shape is a bit different. Pistils on both are a very vivid orange. Looks kind of cool in person. Didn’t mess with saturation or anything like that, the pistils just have a lot of vibrancy to them.

It’s hard for me to get a good shot but this is the best I could do of the other Waking Dream. Quickly pulled this one out of the tent for this response so some may be a bit dark.

20 Likes

Wow, really interesting, that one looks pretty damn good too!

9 Likes

Those Time Bandits (WiFi 43 x GHash) I grew a while back were pretty “nug-y” and sort of “OG-ish,” with the golfballs and the wide internodes and all that. I don’t remember them being leafy, though. Different male, obviously, but I suspect that that leafy one might be being influenced by the SSDD dad.

They look good, though! Haha.

14 Likes

Yeah, I just searched up your log of time bandit and found it on THCfarmer. Calyx to leaf ratio looks nicer there for sure and the different plants looked surprisingly uniform to me. That’s almost the look I’m expecting from 88g13hp plants but maybe that’s just because I’m mostly doing OG x 88g13hp crosses lately. The buds on these Waking Dreams are on the smaller side but have been steadily swelling the past few weeks. I feel like the SSDD crosses on average have had substantially stickier and frostier buds than the 88g13hp plants I’ve tested so far. The 88g13hp buds mostly looked like nice dispensary buds with some really nice outliers. I haven’t run an insane amount of numbers though so it’s only a meaningless anecdote. I have been happy with 100% of the crosses that I’ve tried using the SSDD dad so far. That Redeye Jedi was really nice bud though, would love to find that again…

13 Likes

It’s here, dude! Haha. That was my first grow log on OG. But yeah, I did post some pics of the plants on chop day on the Bodhi thread on THCfarmer, too. And those pics are the only ones that really matter haha.

I agree. I was pretty surprised by that, too.

Could that be because they’re in smaller pots? Aren’t they all in three-gallons? Or one-gallons? Can’t remember right now and don’t feel like scrolling up haha.

Okay. That’s interesting. I don’t remember if the Time Bandit flowers were super-sticky (although I’m sure they were sticky enough), but I do know (and I hate to bring this up again haha) that that one Golden Triangle plant I grew a few years ago was just GOOEY, oozing “resin” or whatever you wanna call it out of the flowers even while she was growing. That shit was running down the branches and fan leaves, pretty crazy.

I’ve only grown one of the SSDD male crosses, so I don’t really have a frame of reference for how those grow, but I’ve been pretty happy with the 88G13HP crosses, as far as stickiness and all that is concerned.

If only they would just end up not so GHash dominant… haha.

12 Likes

Searching this site is such a pain in the ass for me haha. Completely inept at using the search feature here so I just googled it.

Ya 1 GALs but the Golden Triangle and Black Triangles for instance both had larger buds.

I’d love to explore this one some more as well as my packs of Black Triangle but time/space. By winter I’m sure I’ll want to try out some of the other dads again. Already interested a bit in the W15 crosses.

I’m still not 100% confident at identifying 88g13hp traits other than that typical bud structure that I’m thinking of but I feel like it’s a bit dominant too. At least compared to what I’ve seen in contrast with the w15 and ssdd (wider range of phenotypes / mom leaners). Grain of salt disclaimer because low numbers etc.

SSDD F2 seeds… at least I’m done shucking this one

20 Likes

Those were actually the only ones that I’ve grown that didn’t seem 88G13Hp-dominant, but I only grew two females, so…

After having grown four or five of those crosses, I feel like I can identify the traits. I think when you’re seeing one specific plant morphology over and over, despite different females being used, you have to assume that those plants must be taking after the dad, right? The highs on all of them have been different, though, as have the flavors, so in that sense the mother plants seem to have influenced the, uh… other stuff haha.

I guess when I say “GHash-dominant,” I’m really referring to plant morphology rather than the smoke itself.

14 Likes

I ran 1 full pack of BT and think there were 5 or 6 HP phenos and 1 tk leaning hybrid pheno. Hard to read too much in it from either of our small numbers run.

Yeah the flower morphology specifically I feel like I can identify coming from the 88g13hp. Large, dense, moderately resinous flowers that to me looks like high quality dispensary bud. Not bad but not my favorite flower type either.

Not trashing the dad also, just feels like I have to sort through a bit more than the SSDD dad from what I’ve seen in my little tent. My “keeper” Devil’s HP & Redeye Jedi both remind me that I need to go through more of those 88g packs again at a later date. Maybe sooner than later… Snow Lotus on the other hand… I have no interest at all in that dad haha.

15 Likes

Really loving the early samples of the Trip Sun A. Very comfortable, relaxing, feel good, dreamy effects. Also has a nice physically relaxing body / muscle effect that seems to be present. Nothing extreme on the physical side but clearly present and relaxing. Wouldn’t describe it as couchlock. Comfortable is probably the best word to sum it up and I’ve noticed that’s pretty common in SSDD / SSDD crosses. So far at this stage I’m assuming the effects are highly influenced by the dad in the cross, which is definitely OK by me. I think 6-7 seeds popped out of the bud that I used to fill up my vaporizer so maybe this would all change if seedless.

16 Likes

Been trying to find more info on the Jack that Bodhi uses and found a few interesting posts that may be useful if I germinate some of the Lav Jacks.

Strayfox posted an image of Tree of Life (Jack herer x temple)

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/tree-of-life-bodhi.201364328/#post-773896

Apparently this is what his Jack cut looks like.

And a picture posted of Lav Jack

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/jack-herer-x-wookie-tester-thread.201364880/#post-784828

Wookie pheno

17 Likes

Here are a few other pictures of Lavendar Jack I pulled off the BodhiGuide on IG.

18 Likes

They really are just stunning plants, I still have no idea why I never bought a pack… It’s funny Bodhi says that one pic is a Wookie pheno, they all look like Wookie pheno’s to me then haha. Jack and Wookie together must smell amazing.

12 Likes

I wanted to see more of the great Lavender Jack pics you posted, so i searched Breedbay. Found the “Jack Herer x Wookie tester thread”.
Jack is my favorite for daytime so needless to say i’m looking forward to seeing what you find in this strain!

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/jack-herer-x-wookie-tester-thread.201364880/

12 Likes

Thanks! I don’t have an IG account so I can only view so many of his posts before it locks me out.

Yeah same! Nice to have him confirm still, I’d be wondering about those thin leaves if that was my plant.

Hopefully I get a female! I think I’m going to germinate 3 of them later today. Still undecided about the rest. Probably 3 baba kushes too because I’m as close to 100% as I’m going to get on wanting to do that one as well.

Flash battery is charging so got a few no-flash shots in the tent today. Everythings smelling really good… In person the waking dream is standing out the most among the 3. Triple Sun C has small, fairly leafy, and very frosty buds. SSDD #3 smells really nice but is incredibly leafy. If I ever get around to installing the potentiometer on my light I think it would help with the no-flash pics. Easier to get shots of the lowers than the tops because they aren’t getting bleached as badly by the light.

WD

SSDD #3

Triple Sun C - lanky and lots of small & frosty buds up the stems.

Triple Sun A re-joining the tent…

24 Likes

Bee you teeful plants @syzygy :yum: B’s Jack pairs well with his hashplant, too.

Probably goes well with anything, lol. That HHP was one of the frostiest plants I’ve ever grow, and it’s one everybody wants more of… but now I’ve gotta give Lavender Jack a shot!

23 Likes