From SSeeDD to sail.. exploring SSDD, pollen chucks & Bodhi Crosses

Haha! Gotta love that artificial sun :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Smoke it every day for a week or so and then itā€™s forever high flying, sweat inducing, gloriousness :grin:
ridethesnake-jimcarey

12 Likes

2 Likes

Well there it isā€¦ Going to throw them in paper towels later tonight. Thanks to all who voted, saved me from all the mental torment that goes along with trying to make a decision aha.

Here are a few (many) pictures from tonight. Excuse the Shepherd hair seen in many of them. Impossible for me to avoid since the pup is blowing her coat and Iā€™m always covered in dog hairā€¦

Waking Dream

Triple Sunshine C

TS5a

32 Likes

Strain : Sunshine Daydream x gogi og 1
Method Smoked : Bong/ Joint

APPEARANCE-

Smell- very interesting chemical taste with heavy floral with a faint sweet berry backend that has faded a bit with some cure time

TASTE-

Very much smell translates to taste with this pheno chemical floral with a sweet funky taste

Harsh/smoothness : (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) - 7

Effects- comes on immediately with a real head rush that can be felt behind the eyes a bit racy at the beginning that builds for about 20 minutes that mellows out and leads to a euphoric calming relaxing high that washā€™s over the body if in larger consumption can be a bit spacy and sedative think this pheno would of benefited another week can see the ssdd influence on the stone but has something a bit different I think coming from the gogi

Grown under hlg 600r 20 gallon organic living soil 5th cycle

Profile : 65/35 indica dominant

Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent) 7

Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit) 2 hours
Use : Great evening or night smoke

Munchies? : yes/no

Yes

@syzygy first one up will have the others up by tomorrow :call_me_hand:

22 Likes

Awesome review, thanks! Looks healthy and well grown also.

Interesting about the floral characteristics. Iā€™d have to guess thatā€™s coming from the Goji because Iā€™ve never experienced (what I consider to be floral at least) that in any genetics containing ssdd yet (F1 or crosses). Calming and relaxing I definitely get from ssdd though! Spacey and sedative / dreamy definitely sound like the mother to me, especially when taken past 70 days. Sounds like a good guess about the Goji altering it a bit.

13 Likes

Still early impressions as tk x SSDD A begins to cure and another night of consumption. Will be nice for me to look back on how my perspective evolves or changes over time. Iā€™m impressed with the flavor, potency, and medicinal qualities of this, especially considering how seeded it is. Glad I have more thrown into flower to examine (hopefully) seedless.

Current thoughts :

• Most potent SSDD cross that Iā€™ve sampled to date. One of the more potent Bodhi strains Iā€™ve tried so far overall. This remains functional with its power.

• Very relaxing, mellow, calm, feel good herb. Also has a fairly strong boost of mental stimulation with improved focus. First strain in over 20 years of gardening that has noticeable muscle pain relieving properties for me.

• no paranoia, panic, anxiety, racy or scrambled thoughts

Compared to my SSDD mother Iā€™d consider this more hybrid or ā€œsativaā€. Not dreamy or sedative like the SSDD but possibly more comfortable and overall feeling of well-being post consumption.

Not going to guess how it compares in strength to the tk as Iā€™ve never had tk. Comparing it to the strongest herb Iā€™ve had Iā€™d rate this maybe an 8.5 or 9 /10 in potency. Quality of the high itself is excellent currently.

Also duration (seeded, not fully cured) was noted to be only about 2 hours on effects as well as the pain relief.

20 Likes

Sounds like you got a real winner on your hands :blush:

10 Likes

:drooling_face: sounds like a nice blend of the two! Maybe a lil more to the TK but definitely still have the SSDD in there too. And the muscle relief! Thatā€™s new! It looks like my TK reversal pollen is taking so I should be hitting my SSDD girl with it here in a couple weeks :wink:

15 Likes

Fantastic report!
Happy the SSDD male brings muscle pain relief to the TK. And the TK keeps her alertness and uplifting quality.

10 Likes

Looking promising for sure! Sometimes I get sick of flower for random reasons so the test of time will be the most accurate testing I can do haha.

I was thinking about how you said one of your tri crosses were potent but not the full high or power of the tk. I donā€™t have a baseline to compare but I do feel for sure like there are SSDD elements present in my TripSunA, notably that really nice comfort / feel good element that SSDD is known for. The boost of mental energy and focus wasnā€™t really expected at all but nice. Assume thatā€™s a component of the tk.

Awesome! I have no idea really what to predict when it comes to how tk breeds but Iā€™m really glad youā€™re making that cross given how few of the Trip Suns B made. Itā€™s a cross that really deserves to be redone (even if with different parents) and luckily you have an SSDD keeper youā€™re intimately familiar with as a starting point. Seems safer than trying to find an SSDD male to throw at the tk for sure.

Thanks! Also wasnā€™t aware thatā€™s a trait of the tk, Iā€™ve never had it only heard of the legendary status, and donā€™t put enough stock in the canna review sites to search up experiences. Whatever way the flower leans towards it has a nice balance of effects.

14 Likes

:ok_hand: Having grown ~100 SSDDs, plus the TK cut a couple times now, thatā€™s pretty much exactly it!

Iā€™ll make sure to send ya some if I can get it done. Not gonna be a ton made if the current run continues as-is, just not really any pollen coming out right now, but definitely get some beans to look at.

TK is definitely daytime herb for me. No couchlock. Smoke it, ride the snake, getā€™er done :laughing:

i know you said you donā€™t put much stock in the reviews, but i donā€™t really have anything to add to this one, heā€™s spot on:

13 Likes

Ha! That sounds right up my alley!!
ridethesnake-jimcarey

Great to hear! I wonder how it compares to SS4? Excited to hear more of your thoughts on this one.

12 Likes

Yeah he has some really nice reviews. I think the first review I read from him was his DLA #6 review and prompted me to buy it.

Never tried SS4. I know that one gets a ton of praise and it sounds good. I think we read not long ago it uses a different and earlier SSDD father right? Iā€™m sure that dad is nice as well but never tried and donā€™t have any crosses using it. What SS4 do you have, the F1 seeds? cutting? Fgen from bad dawg? Should be great regardless.

Iā€™m leaning towards finding a male via Triple Sunshine for the winter rather than going through more SSDD F1s but weā€™ll see when the time comes. Kind of want to explore some F2s of either of the Triple Sunshines assuming thereā€™s going to be phenos that represent the parents in the cross to be found there. Also hitting my SSDD mother with genetics using Bā€™s ssdd dad seem like it could be a better choice as well.

Edit : adding the quote that @VAhomegrown posted in holys thread for context about the ssdd dad(s)

subsequent ssdd releases that use the ā€œnewerā€ ssdd dad I assume. tk x ssdd is visible in the tester list he put out later :

12 Likes

I ran bad dawg SS4 7&8 and itā€™s great!! Thanks for clarifying the ssdd dad.

10 Likes

Just wanna chime in with running ā€˜Bad Dawgs Sunshine #4 7&8ā€™ and its some stellar herb. Immediate effect after smoking on other strains, cuts straight through and lasts for hours, made a bunch of crosses with my keeper last year, one of the best so far has been ā€˜SS4 x Bootyā€™ ; greasy shop rags, burnt fuel, rubber, and lemonheads.

12 Likes

Ah OK , I probably would have popped those too if I had them. He included a few other SS4 freebies but will probably never germinate them

Star Dawg (Bad Dawg Cut) x Sunshine 4 (Bodhi)
Sunshine 4 x BK Dragon (Blood Pheno)
Thunder fā€“k Mountain x Sunshine 4

At least they arenā€™t GGG or mass medical chucks? Might be worth checking out but I still donā€™t ever see myself getting around to them with all the purchased packs and home-made chucks I have.

14 Likes

yeah no MMS gear in those. The BK Dragon and Thunder Fk Mountain are from Dragonā€™s Flame Genetics.

9 Likes

I concure! Great get-shit-done weed! With the calming effects of ssdd.

Yes!

I feel ya! I ran them when I was testing a new SIP setup and Iā€™m very happy I did!

11 Likes

Ordered some worms finally and threw together a quick bedding mix of random stuff. Coco Coir, old compost, shredded leaves , few handfuls of straw, and going to try rice hulls one more time. Hoping to get some decent castings for winter at leastā€¦

Going to post some of these shots in the B thread probably too but I think weā€™re nearing 60 days on these :

Triple Sunshine C ( tk x ssdd )

Waking Dream ( wifi 43 x ssdd )

For those who have participated here in some capacity and live in the states (Posted, liked any post in the thread prior to this post) : Not ready for at least a month but just trying to gauge if thereā€™s going interest in any of the beans from this run before I play Johnny Appleseed.

SSDD F2 - bubbashine pheno
SSDD F2 - #2
SSDD F2 - #3
Triple Sunshine A x SSDD

26 Likes