From the fire rises the Phoenix ,Paps 2020 octopots

Never thought about when I was looking at the California lightworks
Next light will have one

3 Likes

Nice pics and it looks like a nice area where you live.

@paps, I don’t think many LED came with dimmers in the beginning. Seems like it’s becoming more normal.

4 Likes

I live in a nice development for us old peps
It’s got 7 small lakes I guess I should start fishing again
The homes are small and old but well taken care of

5 Likes

My house is only 125 years old. I’m just trying to get it back up on it’s feet, lol… Nah, it’s in good shape for the years. I’m just trying to make it better. And, my lake is a mile and a half away, lol. It’s a State Park. Get a yearly pass and it gets you into any state park in the state. Great deal. I’m up there almost every day. Especially in this heat. peace

5 Likes

Ok things are starting to happen
A damage case and a chuckys bride are showing signs of sex ok they are males but the ladies can’t be far behind

I will collect as much chuckys bride pollen I can need to make f4 ‘s and maybe a few crosses

5 Likes

I upped the feeding to a teaspoon per gallon = 574 ppm
Ph 6.3
Humidity 40 % A bit low need to adjust
They responded very well they look happy

I see a definite difference from the ufvf with the jack 20/20/20 the plants look bigger and happy :smiley:

This ac infinity t6 fan is awesome the speed control is set at 75 % and the room in the heat ( out side temp 87) of the day with lights on was 88 degrees, and lights off 78degrees house temp set at 74 Not as quite as I would have hoped for but much better then the last fan

Paps

6 Likes

Hi all
Plants are showing sex so far 4 females 2 males

This run I only plan to collect chuckys bride pollen from all males

They seem to be lovin the jacks 20/20/20
The group shot the plants on the left was given some cal mag next watering I’ll do the same to the ones on the right

Also a pic of the girls so far 1 damage case
1 banana OG x sour strawberry
2 petolia pink

13 Likes

Such healthy, lush greenery. Excellent work @Papalag
:100:

3 Likes

Thanks bro just following the schedule works great

3 Likes

It seems that I could never get all the plants on the same watering schedule oh well that’s what the soil tester is for :thinking:
Feed the tray with the girls gave them some jacks 20/20/20 with a bit of cal mag and epson salts I kept the ppm to 480 And ph was 6.2

Plants respond very well and look healthy

Killed the PP male only keeping the CB to make f4’s and maybe hit the PP and the Banana cross :thought_balloon::thinking: mad scientist thinking

Feeding every watering lightly is making a big difference in there growth
Hopefully all will sex this week
Let the games begin
Paps

8 Likes

Just a quick shot

Late last night while I was falling asleep I realized I didn’t water today so just ph’ed the water and gave them a drink

12 Likes

My Chuckys bride showed sex and it’s a she so I decided to trans plant directly in to the Octopot in the 24 x 24 x 60 tent
I normally run clones but I wanted to try this so what the hell here it goes I’ll top her in a few days an maybe I’ll main line her or scrog with a 4 week veg
The big tent I’ll set up the 4 Octopots once damage case sex and I’ll take clones from the 4 plants that makes the grade I should have 1 damacase 1 blue moon magoo 1 petolia pink 1 banana kush x sour strawberry the small tent has at least a 2 week head start so hopefully I won’t regret it
I top watered for the one and only time and filled the Rez only to the 1 st level till the roots hit the Rez in about 10 days

12 Likes

I think this will turn out ok when I up potted to the Octopot the roots did not circle yet and should do fine
The CB depending on the phenotype can be harvested in 7&1/2 to 8 &1/2 weeks with good results so hopefully I’ll harvest and start the new grow just in time to start all over again in the big tent lol
So far I have 2 males of the CB so I’ll put them into the seedling tent to flower and collect pollen
I just might hit a bud or two of everything in the room but the main purpose is to make CB f4’s but that banana kush x sour strawberry is just calling for the CB pollen lol :joy:

9 Likes

Speaking of Octopot’s I’m about 3.5 weeks into a fresh grow with mine and today I noticed porcupine quill white roots all around the bottom of the fabric pot plant is exploding in the sunshine .

9 Likes

Now that’s a great thing to see
Stay green

4 Likes

Ok the CB in the Octopot seems to like her new shoes lol just FIMMED her today , I’ve been feeding jacks 20/20/20 Until the roots hit the Rez then I was thinking of switching it up to 1/2 teaspoon of 20/20/20 + 1/2 teaspoon of 15/0/0 = I believe this will make it a 2/1/1 iam Hoping to speed up the growth till week 2 of transactions

So far the remaining of the plants have not confirmed sex yet just had one fool me so I’ll wait a-bit more
The way things look the DC and BK x SS may all be boys so I have 3 PP females to choose from looking for different phenotype

I try to run 5 different strains but some times when your only choose from 3 or 4 seeds you get all males such is life
Paps

3 Likes

20/20/20
+15/ 0 / 0
35/20/20
35 divided by 20 = 1.75
1.75/1/1
Close enough to 2/1/1 and better being slightly less n than being too much n : )
Good call : )

Oops wait
20/20/20 =60 concentration
15/0/0 = 15 concentration
60 decided by 15 =4
So 1/2 teaspoon of 20/20/20 then 2 tsp of 15/0/0 would make the 1.75/1/1
I think : )
Is the 15/0/0 a calnit , if so you are adding a lot of cal to the mix also

6 Likes

I check the ppm it would be 825 and my water is already 190 ppm it’s a bit high don’t you think ?

And I agree to much calnit

2 Likes

If I use 1 teaspoon per gallon of 15/0/0 and 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of the 20/20/20 ppms are 586
Plus my water = 760 ppm so I think I’ll try 1/2 of each and increase to 3/4 of a teaspoon by transition week @ ifish @SeymourGreen @GramTorino
I like the lower ppm #s

3 Likes

I ended up sprouting a fast buds purple lemonade auto vegged it a couple weeks then stuck in the octo.
Here she is at roughly the 4 week mark from sprouting. I think she’s got her groove on ?

11 Likes