Frosted Cobra x Frankenstein grow

On two plants.
The damage is done.
I don’t know if it’s worth taking off new balls considering it’s week 4.
I don’t know what the cause is. Light leakage is certainly not.

10 Likes

This could also be to do with low night temps, plants are intelligent and if they think winter is coming sooner because of the drop in temps, they will try to perpetuate their genetics by throwing balls out, as their is less chance of being pollinated in cold temps due to less insects that pollinate. It’s a last ditch effort for the survival of their genetics.

6 Likes

Do you think I should keep them? I fixed the temperature

2 Likes

May as well, you can still smoke the bud, it might just not be as potent, and you will get some feminized seeds. Just pull off all the male flowers as you see them develop.

6 Likes

Thanks man, I really appreciate your inputs. I’m glad you’re here :slight_smile:
Great respect @Shadey

I think I’ll throw one out. The one with more male flowers. The problem is that I will be gone for a few days. I can make sure someone waters the plants, but plucking naners is hmmmmm

4 Likes

Yeah I know what you mean, even trusting someone to water them properly can be a bit hhhmmmmm.

Keep any seeds and grow some out to see if they hermie, I have stressed plants really badly and they hermied, but the seeds they produced have not repeated the problem, probably because they were not stressed like the original plant that caused them to throw balls in first place.

1 Like

I had watching youtube recently with Boston Rob, AK Bean Brains and a few others. Boston Rob talked about this very subject with stressing the plant which could cause a mutation thru stress response. Could be a great outcome if new beans show up

2 Likes

I stressed 2 strains I was growing, Big Bang and Big Nosed Kate, only the Big Bang hermied and polinated the Big Nosed Kate, which was a cross of Cinderella and Doc Holiday, in real life Big Nosed Kate was doc holidays girl friend and occasional prostitute, depending on how well he was doing at the card table, so I named the strain Banging Big Nosed Kate :rofl:

7 Likes

Big nosed Kate sounds banging. Hey I’m from the toon. I’d bang anything. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v:

3 Likes

I just found a puck of Frosted Cobra x Frankenstein and came here to see if there were any grows or info so thanks for this thread .

5 Likes

Hi @Originalweedman :slight_smile:
That’s what I’m afraid of…
I wouldn’t want anyone to judge genetics based on my results. Because I’m not really much of a grower. Plus the fact that my conditions were realy irregular for a certain period.
And there’s one more thing I need to find out somehow. It seems to me that the son or daughter (and probably both together) opened the box while I was at work. Who knows how many times.
I started to educate them a little about growing and about cannabis in general (mainly about how to keep mouth shut), and when I got to flowering and darkness I noticed some discomfort in them…
My mistake. The children are interested and I should have explained that earlier. It’s not enough just to say. I remember myself. Always in a low start to do something I shouldn’t.
I think for this reason I will put three more seeds to germinate and try to do it right

4 Likes

I ve been growing and breeding for over 15 years now . I m set in my ways with how I do stuff but I do like to get an idea of what to expect . I love seeing other peoples grows and any info they have with feeding ,problems ect . I actually have been teaching my nephew the rope as he s fascinated with growing as was my son and I totally get passing the torch the right way . My son would constantly wanna see the plants and instead of waiting weeks to check in on my plants he d sneak in to see them and it drove me nuts especially when they are in the dark… I remember how excited I was when I first started , u couldn t keep me out of my tent ,lol Either way I appreciate your thread, i have so many projects right now I won t get to these for a long time .

4 Likes

You can look up @SamwellBB and his grow on this and if your looking for the parents

I looked this up as I had purchased some F.C. seeds and wanted to know what genetics had gone into this and figure out the median for flower timelines and growth structure. I hope this helps in any way. I ment to crop the pictures just forgot too

5 Likes

Hey @Pannonian . Dont feel too bad. Sometimes things just happen. I grow outside and quite often the deer will eat my plants. It is a big shock to find your 6 foot plant completely GONE. :scream: Ha ha ha. :grin:

3 Likes

I haven’t been to the plants in a while. A friend was watering and noticed that another one had started to shed naners. I didn’t want to risk it and told him to throw it away. Unfortunately, that plant was the best in terms of productivity, strength…
Today I came and found balls on a few more plants. Not much. There were fallen ones, spread out…
Now that I think about it, there were some traces of children… :sweat_smile:
As the plants are of different heights, I raised some. I found them fallen once. And I know that I did all that solidly

It is what it is
38. Day 12/12

![IMG_20240206_210955|667x500]

And a question at the end.
What is this? Only on one leaf on one plant

Thanks for reading
Pannonian

12 Likes

If it’s only on the one leaf I wouldn’t worry about it. Where on the plant is it?

If it’s at the top directly under the light could be light burn, if on the side near a fan could be wind burn, if you spilt water with nutes in it on the leaf it can burn it, but more likely just some kind of colour mutation with that particular leaf.

Shame about about them throwing balls, I would just keep growing them out for the smoke they are looking pretty frosty and happy otherwise :+1:

3 Likes

It’s probably a mutation then. The leaf is on the upper part of the plant, but not at the very top, and it was not close to the fan.
Ah, that’s how it is… I’m a light consumer, I don’t prefer to be very high. So I will be satisfied, that’s for sure. Especially if it won’t affect the yield too much.
Actually, I’m happy any way you put it. A little more work, but I guess I learned something. And I became interested in many things

Now that I look at it, it wouldn’t be interesting to me at all if I didn’t thank you all the time through the topic. :smiley:
Respect @Shadey

2 Likes

May your garden be full of joy. :grin::rainbow:

1 Like

hey I found this thru a search engine lookin for more info on this strain and I’m curious how the grow ended up?
also were those johnnypotseed’s beans? or the same ones he’s currently selling?

1 Like

Very nice.