Fuel's grow log

Hy there, this week it will be a short update. Because i’ve failed hardly twos weeks in counting the next which is coming.
Reason : i just forgot to order 140 liters of coco coir and 40 pots ^^ No excuse. Just a big fail from memory’s zapping.
:speak_no_evil:

I’ve a load of transplants than are waiting, i’m mad.

I’ve a couple of very nice phenos in the GSxBJ, and i was not expecting this stability for a rich blood like that. They fight very well against the ST#3 which is pretty awesome for me. Avinash, you rox.

Half of the seedlings need to be transplanted, let’s say than i’m hardening off them lol They will continue to drink water un til i receive the stuff.

The vegged plants eat 1ml/l AB Aqua flakes.

Here it’s not the same story, they drastically need to be transplanted lol

The WTF are doing well, now than i can smell them and see their shape it’s a funky blend : (Lemon Skunk x Grape Kush) x Jack Herer and (Lemon Skunk x Grape Kush) x Sweet Tooth#3.

5 females and 2 males for now, serious things are starting lol

The usual weekly comparison.
On left the most vigorous specimen of the veg side : ST#3
On right the most vigorous specimen of the flo side, sog from seed : (LSxGK) x ST#3
The right just declared female :

I prey for a fast delivery of my stuff damn. I will take a big week of late on my planning because stupid argh !

See ya !

12 Likes

I’m so glad to hear that happens to someone like you. It happens to me far to often! How old are you @Fuel? :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I’m a 70’s model locked in the 90’s for near everything lol

2 Likes

Well said!! I get it!

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Another frustrating update, coir and pots not received yet. So i don’t feed so much the plants, and play the “time watch game”. I was right damn, twos blank weeks.

On background, the sweet tooth #3 F6. On front-left, the bitchy but delicious JH#2.

And on the front-right, the new outsider, the GSxBJ F1. Pretty stable in shape for the blend, variations are a lot less rodeo than i was thinking at the start.

On the rack a load of seedlings waiting their pots, along the three strains.

It start to be out of control here lol I was supposed to start the pump this week but … i will have to dance with the evil. 5 more females declared in their seedlings pots, shame on me.

Little demonstration on “why 6 inline easy rollers”, permit to adapt the height on 3 corners.

And the usual comparison.
On left, the most vigorous specimen (ST#3) under 18/6 and on right the most vigorous specimen under 12/12. Both germinated and sowed at the same date, and placed directly under their respective light. Both at ~20days.

See ya soon with more pots lol

7 Likes

Interesting! @Fuel. What do you make of this? A teachable moment! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Just to show how grow a “sogged” seed week after week, until harvest.

1 Like

Guess what ? No pots and coco coir yet ^^ After reverse investigation, the package is locked since a week in a depot. I will try to sort out that tomorrow, fingers crossed.

The ST#3 F6

The JH F9 on left (X3), the GSxBJ F1 on right

The remaining seedlings to transplant … damned On the group, i’ve a very interresting pheno of ST#3 and JH#2, i’m mad.

In the flowering space, it’s a bit more rushy than last week. They can’t wait to produce flowers. I’ve gently started the PK (H&G) at 0.5ml/L on the biggest. They was supposed to be all transplanted in 4 liters pots at this stage lol
They are all females.

Some flowers are coming gently, good for the mood !

This one will be fire, i known it by advance. Funky WTF pheno, remind me the NL#5xHaze in the shape. Very hungry.

Left most vigorous of veg (2 liters pot), right most vigorous of flo (4 liters)

Not so many things to document but boring cleaning/maintenance. Next week will be more funny i guess.
See ya !

11 Likes

Im watching that sweet tooth, I will steal it :grinning:

2 Likes

I was watching this thread, but will go over it in depth, to make sure i don’t miss a detail…

Nice one!

1 Like

Coco coir and pots received last week, with twos weeks of late. It was epic but solved, now i’ve to beat the time and to recover the late with plants.

It’s all right in the veg side, the selection is started. On the right, the unselected specimens than will be used for a bunch of tutorials on training, pruning and others things like that. I was supposed to start them this week end but too many job in the house.

I’m pretty lucky, on the three strains i got desirable variations with alternative choices. I will operate a second “unselected filter” the end of this week, but i will not get so many rejected pheno i think. Next week i will start to clone them to test and torture them.

Half unhappy with the synchro of the flowering room, but i’m demanding. They are all only ~one month old from scratch (seeds) and they are on the right way. Just this damned late, i’m drying the pots to launch the pump of the system a first cycle.

The WTF maded with a sweet tooth male are obviously more advanced and leafy, surprisingly not the most hungry. I was in fear for thye multi-strain about the daughters of the jack herer male but even the little ones want fight hard. Pretty good new, i will start with a rich tank without too much stress for all specimens.

Promising, full of fruity scents and fast sweet tooth x (lemon skunk x grape krush), but not my favorite.

This one is my favorite and hungry as fck, JH male on the “bruce banner female LSxGK” of the shoebox.

And i forgot one more time to take the comparison shot lmao I will add it later. I think i will start the pump 2 days later from now, reaching the extrem limit of what they can handle in carencies. To be continued …

8 Likes

This week is under the flag of the cruising speed, where the main actions are : waiting, watching and maintenance.

In the veg side, the pool of the specimens i want to work with is set. And the unselected pool is drastically reduced (the three plants in the black thing). I’m pretty lucky this shot i must say, can’t wait to clone them and like we say here, seeing what’s under the dress.

At the basis i was wanting to keep these specimens to make tutorials (about training and pruning) but it will be less interesting in term of comparisons than an unique motherplant and its clones. I think than the final results will be more interresting in term of yield, and more usefull for those searching a solid theorical starting point to make theyr own strategy.

In the other tent, the sides are filled with spare “unselected” specimens ^^ Can’t resist to overgrow a bit.

The difficulty is to use the same nutes for three waves of specimens. Each third have one week more than the next, pretty accurate to dose without fcking the weed for good at this stage. I’m surfing on the limits of P overfert with the little specimens, and surfing on N deficiencies with the oldest … in starving the whole pack in K to keep the weed tasty if ever something bad happend lol

The good side is than the majority have Jack Herer blood inside, pure or hybrids. The bad side is than she’s freaking long to start to ^^ But it value the wait.

One of them is rushing like hell, a sweet tooth#3 x (LemonSkunkxGrapeKrush). This mix of old skunk and sweet fruity is a bit sadistic at this point, i calm my soul in thinking than she will be harvested a bit earlier.

Typicall sweet tooth flower shape with tall trichomes, this male was very dominant.

One of the most developed Jack (an hybrid), she just start to change its top phyllotaxy to produce … damned. The consolation is the sick guaranteed potency at this stage.

See you later ;o)

7 Likes

How do you determine the limits? What is the correlation to K and tastiness?

2 Likes

I will try to take individual and accurate shots tomorow to explain it in details ;o)

3 Likes

At the moment i’m typing the words, all muscles of my body are harmfull lol Very rushy week, big work in the house everyday to do … and not so much time to spend with plants. And they are not happy at all lol

On the veg side, they are starving a bit. They are eating the jerricans of seedlings by lack of energy to do the soup after a big day. They need N as fck, specially the sweet tooth on rear left.

The bitchy JH#2 (front left) is not so disturbed by the gandhi diet, no surprise. The GSxBJ is fading, they are the ones than need the more K of the three.

It mean three different jerricans to prepare, and just to think about that i can invoke the last gram of energy i have to do it. Fortunately, my timers are set to run during the day when i’m available. I will try to find an hour tommorow morning to feed them rightly, at least it’s an obligation the seedling’s jerricans are empty ^^

Twos ST#3 specimens i’m loving, majestic and motivated to dominate the crop.

The lemony-potent JH#2, it’s barely like nothing happened with them. Bitches.

And the US blend than start to segregate a bit when maturating in veg. Very interresting scents allready, and structure.
The selection is not finished with them.

On the flo side it’s catastrophic lol I’ve missed totally to check the timer of the pump, so to was overwatered during a good week. This round is full of mistakes and unexpected problems damned. Can’t wait the clone of the selections.

This WTF seed stay keep rushing as hell, no matter what. Even the overwatering don’t have stopped her, she just rush.

10 Likes

Another shameless update ^^ Lack of time and lack of care again, it happend. I use most of the little time i have to spend to maintain the flower production on a good grade, and doing my best to keep the selected specimens ready to be cloned.

They all need to be transplanted from 2Liters to 4Liters, since a week now. But i continue to maintain them to don’t fck my planning with the house. I will need an entire afternoon for the whole process, transplanting, checking, taking notes and changing/updating the notations.

Hard to share but the JH#2 are beauttifull in regard of their genotype and my lack of time, their pattern is as typical than stable and i can say than i’m proud of these ones. 5 final specimens than i can’t kill from this batch, all have the critical traits seeked “ON” , with a bonus for some. Can’t wait to fill the whole flo tent with these specimens and to launch for good the pollen box. I have a very resinous and sticky specimen than i hope will the male/stalion of the batch. If it’s the case, it will end only with one f10 line and a F1 with the best female. If not, it will end with at least alt twos lines of the #2. But initially i’m seeking only one specific female.

The ST#3 is without surprise, even if more young in generation, only F6. Rushing like hell, eating like an ogre and dominating the light. The selection of this batch will be very hard, the remaining phenotypes passed a very picky serial-killing, i end with a lot more specimens than planned. On the pic one can see in ease the 3:2:2 ratio it gave. I’m a bit stuck at this point, i need to flower them to go ahead and reduce their number. I’m initially seeking a male in these ones.

On rear left, the US blend than keep on the track aside very specialized and pushed IBLs. It’s absolutely not to be salty or EU-pride-something but it’s the very first US hybrid than is impressing me like that. And it’s an F1 btw. Not for the same reasons but i was not planning to end with so much specimen like the ST#3. I’m also feeling very in ease to decypher the plants, my background on OG Kush & Bubba help a bit more than planned. I was planning initially these bloods more recessives in the cross but they carry the veg stage for sure. But the “skeleton” structure is leaded by the Grapestomper without any doubt, a line than i like a lot more than the twos famous kush. Hard to share in pics but the profiles are difficult to select, the finalists have each theyr own profile and specificity. I will try to split the line in twos lines but also select a final F1 female.

And i will blend the three bloods in a firework, i hope ^^ I need to fill the jars for now and be patient before the new round, on the other side the tent is allready overgrown.

This week i’ve spended the little time i had with more accuracy, to care mostly about the flower production. I don’t want to end with disgusting hays but also don’t want end with a couple of blunts of autonomy lol My mistakes of the past week are corrected and the ladies are producing goodness. I was in fear at one moment, i switched back to handwatering and individual care but with the same solution to gain time.

Disclaimer : yes they look like flushed, but they are not and the harvest is not planned for tomorrow. I’m juggling in a way than you will more understand at the end of this round. Don’t be fooled on what i’m doing, be patient ^^

This one make me crazy to have killed her mother, the SGR4 by lack of place in the shoebox. For those than are following my madness since a while. I’ve told you, hybridized with a potent male it will make an incredible vigorous line pushing even on Mars. The scent are crazy and unexpected, very dominated by the sweet tooth male but the strong musk of the old skunk turned dieselish as fck with the fruity side of the male by the acidity.

This one is more in compliance with the ST#3 line i’m working on actually, leafy and “juicy fruity” but not sugared or musky. The female was the SGR6, a lot superior than the SGR4 on his flowers but finally a lot inferior in genetic terms. Near useless.

Special dedicace for a dear alien from outta space : it’s totally why i think than the quantitative breeding is BS, and than making pre-mendelian groups as early than possible give you a real control on what you do.

SGR6 hitted by a JH#5 male, she fight better but still too recessive.

More obvious with this one in an earlier stage, the JH flower shape totally took the control.
The twos are the most stretchy of the whole table, JH as fck.

Pure JH#5 F9, can’t share virtually but only in being close you feel than she will send you to orbit ^^

@McMuffin
Behind the things, the return : overfert plants, how i read it

So, the context look complex but it is not. They are all individuals 12/12 from seeds, 8 different lines now, and each third have one week more than the previous wave. I was supposed to let alive only the twos first thirds but the jars need stuff as fck for yesterday, so i played the hard game.

This one is from the first third, the youngest. They ate a decent basis, but with boosters of the older ones. This specimen is the more overfert of this group.

The first thing to spot is the central vein, abnormally thick and the development of the new bud leafs than appear like on a reveg plant. Then their texture, showed more in detail in the macro.

This typicall cactus aspect maded by trichomes base than are fighting to “drill” the vegetal mass and the shiny green is the sign than you will smoke a shitty weed on more mature buds. At this stage it’s only the red zone, i can juggle with until the plants enter truly in flowering stage and reach its maximum potential on assimilation. The very red zone before no return is possible on quality.

This one is from the second third, and as you see the base set for the younger is a bit low for its whole needs. But enough to use it for building the yield on buds, it’s all i ask. She’s allready in its plain assimilation phase and redirect all she can to strenght up the structure of the bud before “enlarging them”.

On the second pic you can see than with the same solution, the bud appear to be feeded just on the right limit. The texture is decent even if a little bordeline on this specimen. The K is too strong for her, you can see it with the dark green patches-gradient in the border of the leafs.Not big deal for the moment, this excess wil totally be eated during the “flush process” if it stay at this stage only. On plants heavly overfert in K, this typicall dark green is homogeneous on the whole leafs and sometimes at the point to give a “blue” hue to the whole plant. Needless to say than in the cone, it’s not the fiesta.

This one is from the last third, and you can see than its plain assimilation phase is over. The bud structure is set for good and she just working on yield, basically dedicated to make new flowers only, litterally.

Can be a lot better but considering the circumstance it’s a well balanced feeding, maybe a bit rich in P for her considering the bud leafs and their green tone. But i’m picky : no disformation, no plastic anywhere, “fine sand of trichomes” than easly grow on leafs. In finishing its main cola, she will eat the little excess.

Loop : all these plants was feeded with the exact same solution (by lack of time, but i assume lol)

11 Likes

i fucking love tits yall

6 Likes

Lovely bush! sorry had to

4 Likes

behind the things : breeding notations, and layers of notations. Even if sh1t happend ^^

It’s finally more fun to share how to face the difficulties also on the flow. The one here is, short story, a problem with the quality of a new coco coir batch received lastly. All the plants are reacting bad, i need to give them cares for that and support their root’s production. Since a big week ^^

So, it become anyway a factor in the process to include. Specially the day i’m rewriting them because the timing never change.

There are 7 ST#3 specimens that are “not killed by hand for different eliminators reasons”. They are allready loaded with plastic knifes, the fight was bloody.

Now with the “augmented reality”, it’s freaking technologic. Short lexic on notation, pretty roots and without headaches :

• P+ : phenotype high grade, known.
  • P : phenotype maintained average, known
  • T+, T+++, T : are the whole appreciation in term of olfactive and gustative feedbacks, with side notations : M = Musky
  • R+, R-, R–, R++, … : root mass global appreciation
  • Watching notations on dedicated knife mean : Specimen not decyphered or new phenotype/expression, -> to qualify

In the context another R notation is blended from previous ones in seedling’s stage and than have nothing to have with root mass. You generally see the R vertically on the knife.

More a dedicace and an exercice on the flow for somes ^^

So yeah, the plants are unhappy for too much LIFTA during twos weeks, with a systemic poblem of root development. And now, with the plants in front how the fck to keep the ball rolling.

I’ve done the full process with the Jack Herer to show how to change notes, it was freaking long to do ^^ Just the process itself is freaking long lol

Here we go, the finalists are not so numerous, it will be less long to write and read ^^
Before to rewrite the whole notations of all specimens, i set a procedure to judge also the damages of the actual problem than are facing the plant :

I remove the top layer of coco to wastes, the one than is falling when you tap gently the pot.
Then i remove the plant from the pot and judge the whole root mass : health, density, colonization layers, moist, odors

Also i will rub the trunk around the 5th node to judge the scents of the vegetal mass…

JH#2-06 : G+ (grip +).R+e (root endurance hardened off)

This phenotype have a particularity : it’s sticky everywhere since earlier stages and it increase in more mature stages. The root development is resistant and can handle to be hardened off in low volumes.
It was not in the range of my selection but it’s lucky find, will be splitted in a parralel line. Maybe hybridized too.

The specimen was not specially on top range on root mass before the problem, but it face it in a good way and the assimilation is barely not hitted. It will win its R+.

The scents are now deep and reach the weak camphor level by notes of musk, citric hints and backwood. Very pleasant and can enter in my needs for an hybrid. It got the T++, but i stay parano this aspect changed with the problem encountered. If she have to be sick to express this trait, i will remove the knife. For tastes, aromas in the cone, i never play with recessive breeding and i’m supposed to catch a mostly citric JH female for this run.

So it end with it :

R+ to face well the problematic of the whole crop

00- : double zero is the codename i use for a certain type of phenotypes, particulary resinous in regard of their generation

T++ : stay conditionnal in my mind atm, but there.

So from JH#2-06 (G+.R+e) it become JH#2-06 (R+.00-.T++). The notation don’t really change but evolve in a more definitive way. Until the full maturation of the plants in veg it’s as important than instinctive, i try to note instinctive also with more obvious code : G+ for Strong Grip than i will remember more in ease later. This specimen will stay the “grip specimen” in my mind until it die and after. The natural mnemonic name. But i will not remember its “Taste/T” profile or “Root/R” specifies without my side notes.

JH#2-01 : T+ (same), V1 (Vigor 1st wave) , R (generous early root development)

V1, V2, V3 etc … : They are “vigorous waves” of specimens qualifyed on seedling’s state, so this notation follow them all their spanlife. They show a particular early vigor and i will judge if they are just “dragsters” (it lead generally to an elimination, this vigor is lowered when mature) or “marathonian” (i keep them in the pool if they answer to the needs of the selection).

This one don’t show a specific resistance to the problem, but fight well against with its ressources. Refreshing its bottom root system and maintaining its high vegetative stature.

It get a : JH#2-01 (T++, R+, V1)

JH#2-03 : V2

This one have kept a low profile until now, and only got a V2 notation. Afterward, its whole performances appear to be stable and reliable, with a bonus for the scents of the vegetal mass on a specific range (than i will call “A”).

So it got a : JH#2-03 (T++A, R++, V2). In absolute, i will prefer this phenotype over the previous V1. For a bit less vigor, i get a specific chemotype profile (A) and a better resistance of root production against worries. But this profile don’t revealed earlier its scent’s specificity before the apparition of the problem, i will consider it like the “grip specimen” syndrom.

The T++A mean than this is not in a range of the citrus of my criteria, but on a Fruity/Liquor range.

JH#2-08 : V1

A low profile again but on a V1. And keep its low profile on the citrus range. I will need to flower this one to push the judgement, the only thing i can read is the shape of the father until now.

This specimen have a specific answer to the problem encountered, more close to what the Sweet Tooth #3 are showing in staying specific.

Look like lunar PH levels, but i will not make conclusion for now and concentrate my effort to heal the roots of the whole crop.

So it got a : JH#2-08 (V1.T++),

JH#2-08 : T+

This one exhibit early the citrus profile which is now reinforced, and actually prove a vigorous root mass than is very close to the father than was a fast cloner. The mass is dense, big sponge, and the outter layer productive and active.

So it got a JH#2-08(T++.R++) well deserved.

Can’t wait to clone them to decypher the triggered chemotype; i’ve some expectations on the 06 and the 03 to verify.
I feel than i will have the right female for my prototype, for the line itself i must wait the cloning performance than i search to increase since the last generation.

See ya later !

update 11 november 2019 : the 06 and the 02 was finally selected. The 06 is a monster of potency (mean long lasting), resistant to gnats and spider mites. The 02 have a clear high and very citric profile, but near to none resistance … i’m close to lose her if i forget a single day to care about her.

I think than i will finally use the 06, too much advantage everywhere and this potency … my god. Why ? Because i’ve done again the selection on the Sweet tooth #3 than is planned to be hybridized with, and on taste departement i’m back at it’s previous high scores.

Without a good male on sweet tooth#3, very flavorfull, i will choose the 02 instead.

14 Likes

Whoa @Fuel! Your skills are at “Master” level for sure! I’m speechless. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes