Gato’s Grow Closet

Do you want to make seeds in case of having a male? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be against having seeds but I want some flower to smoke :worried:

3 Likes

Then you should wait until sexed and separate the male(s), I always have this in mind:

If you flip them at the same time, the ladies will not be ready when the male starts to drop pollen … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Nice to see you posting buddy.
@Gato if you just want a dozen seeds per plant, separate and remove the males so they don’t drop pollen in your tent or grow space and give you headaches later. You can even pull off the male flowers before they ripen until getting close to pollination if you don’t have a safe space for them to dump pollen… Once the ladies have preflowers on each leaf set, put them in with the males (stop removing ripe flowers a few days before this)and a fan on oscillate for one full day. Then wash them off good in the shower or another way. You should get 2 seeds at each leaf set if you time it right. As George mentioned, males kick off before the ladies by a week or two. If you have no other place to keep males but yur grow space for the ladies, you can wait until they are nearly dumping pollen and then snip off the top and put it in a vase with waxpaper underneath to catch pollen. Pollen can live for 30 days or more just laying in a room… so you have to be extremely careful not to fully seed your crop. Just let George know what you are doing before you do it and he will keep you from making more seeds than you want. He’s become quite the seed maker himself…:grin:

This is ideal if you can do so.

6 Likes

I was mentioning you frech|nullxnull, thanks for chiming in … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

@George @Upstate thank you both, very informative I appreciate immensely. I’m still waiting for preflowers currently, they’re being shy :laughing:. From what I’ve been reading online and in here (also from George is predicting) I know I have 1 female. Maybe 2 if I’m being optimistic.

7 Likes

Looking healthy, dude!

2 Likes

Thanks brother, I’m trying my best being that this is my first grow!

3 Likes

Just dropping some mid quality pics sorry lol! The NGxSB looking more like a dude so I might cull soon. The TFxSB 1 might be a dude @George what do you think?

8 Likes

Hi cat|nullxnull,I think so, but better wait a bit before taking some action, try to snap a pic of the preflowers on the rest, this is how a dude looks, no pistils … beer3|nullxnull

394x500

2 Likes

Hey @gato your plants look good.

Don’t worry about the budget setup, what works is what works. We all pick up more tools as we go along.

5 Likes

Im starting to notice some deficiencies in all three of the plants, they still haven’t preflowered… thinking of feeding them 4 tsb of 444&284 Gaia green and some worm castings later today.

3 Likes

While I was getting ready to feed I noticed something growing on the nodes of NGxSB and TFxSB 1 and I have a feeling that they are in fact dudes. Help me out if you can @George or anyone that stops by, should I hold off on the feed and cull or feed and wait?

NGxSB

TFxSB 1

4 Likes

The second one is a dude, that preflower on the right is far from the axis. The first one also looks like one but anyway I would wait for further developing and others opinions, I have culled more than one lady for not being patient enough… :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

I was thinking of waiting until tomorrow to feed and cull the males, going to see what others think.

1 Like

You can post it here so more people will see it… beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

No reason not to wait it out

2 Likes

Well I just got home from working some over time and just checked all three plants… here’s one of the better pictures

Yup. All 3 are dudes 🥲… @George you got 2/3 right lol…

3 Likes

I guess I should start planning what to try next right? My small collection and still hard to decide.

We got flips from @stiffy @Nugslinger @joheimgrohen and pucks from @THCeed @Ottafish , decisions decisions.

8 Likes

Nobody has run the Trop Fuel x Sour Bubble. Those will be :fire:

4 Likes