Gavita 750 De Flower Room Progression

First grow diary. Getting things up after a break. Bringing back my old og mother from Canuck seed from clones. Goal this run is mainly searching for a good bubba Kush that resembles my old bag seed!mothers and other keepers of og to proceed with.
Seeds I’m running:
Bubba 2.0 - Humbolt
The og 18 - Reserva Privada

10x10ish room, sealed using a portable 9k btu, dehu and co2 generator with controller. 3x 750w gavita de. Veg tent isn’t done since I’m a ways off from flower. Temps hang out around 80-83f 50% humidity.
Plan on running at least one row in a 6x3 drip table, trellised out to to 4x8 for the og and doing the bubbas in a separate system.

Nice to see OG back again!

14 Likes

Glad to have you, when you’re uploading pics, wait til the bar says 100% and it spits out a code in your reply before uploading

Welcome welcome welcome

4 Likes

Thank you! I fixed the images!

1 Like

Welcome @750Soldier to OG!

2 Likes

Welcome back to OG version 2.Did you have the same user name on the old OG?

Nice set up you have.Will be fun to watch your grow take shape.

Cheers
Smkn

3 Likes

Welcome aboard nice set up

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @750Soldier I am interested in those lights was going to get some but was advised against it because i grow in tents. Was told they need more clearance. So Ill be watching!

1 Like

I had a few decent runs using two in a 6x3 tent with just an in/out six inch inline combo for air cooling, was a bit on the warm side with no Ac but the yield and results were still great running them on 600w mode. Currently I can veg with one, and a fluorescent bay in the 10x10 room with co2 burner without the need for any cooling which is nice for now. If I light a second one up temps slowly rise and eventually needs the Ac. 3 it balances out to 83 decently without any negative pressure.My current portable was used and bought for cheap and is showing its age. A new 14k, proper dual hose will be ideal for keeping 3-4 going full blast. Going to try and pull one more run off before replacing it.

It’s tight with a low ceiling but if you scrog and can get them as high as possible I find them quite superior to se. I preferred my runs using a cheap air cooled hood in a tent. Definitely recommend the 750 for rooms and and tall tents.

1 Like

Sadly I was just getting into forums and too young to grow my own when Og was in its hay day. I downloaded the tutorial archive back in 2006. I Posted and moderated a lot on pk-hq under the name chronic back in 2001 though.

1 Like

Little update, new bulb arrived so I can a/b test my current original gavita bulbs. And decide what to replace.

And most of my Canuck/Humbolt/DNA order sprouted… let’s hope no issues. Really hoping the bubba 2.0 was related to my favourite moms. The og was just an a/b test to ensure my old cut was good ish.

1 Like

Things going well, haven’t tested a new bulb but this height is where my light meter is reading around 1300-1500 ppfd which is red line, but optimum for supplemental co2. Snugged my lights up a bit to be more uniform, may need to spread again with fresh bulbs, which are obviously getting tired and probably below 90% efficiency. Unless gavita’s specs are for air cooled systems. Both running 875w currently. Cold temps helping.

4 Likes

see i was told no in tents, watching the 750 that dims sure did look nice.

want to ask whats the temp in that tent?

1 Like

You can run Gavitas in any room if you can maintain the proper distance from light to canopy. When these lights first came out everyone just generalized that you need min 10’ ceilings but the fact is your need to be able to maintain 36" distance from the canopy… even more distance on certain strains. I know a few guys running pots on the floor and 1k Gavitas fixed to 8’ ceilings. With that said… I would be running LED’s in a tent lol.