GDP alternatives?

Hi fellow OGers.

Have been on the waiting list for Mel Franks GDP run on Authentic Genetics. Missed the last two releases. They go soo fast!

Can’t bank I’m going to get those
anytime soon soooo in the meantime, what would be a good alternative?

Looking to match the high…not really flavor, smell or look.

A heavy leaning Indy = Happy and Sleepy

For anxiety and Insomnia.

Whatcha got OG?

6 Likes

Sour kush is a real nice smoke falls more into the indica side it’s OG kush /sour diesel

4 Likes

Good recommended strains for ANXIETY: ACDC, GDP. Jack Herer, Canna Tsu, Jillybean, Purple Urkle, Critical Mass, Kosher Kush, Cannatonic, and Pennywise. Strains recommended for INSOMNIA: ACDC, Hindu Kush, Harlequin, Grape Ape, GSC, Pink Kush, Wedding Cake, BOG Bubble, and LA Affie. Quite a few choices, hope you find your relief. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I grew a Hindu Kush auto,well worth the grow for the smoke,not a huge yield but really nice smoke

5 Likes

Maurader (GDP & GG4) by @SamwellBB :+1:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

For insomnia my go to currently is Mendo breath, but seeds aren’t really available, it’s mostly a clone only strain.

2 Likes

Second that one. Got an oz of outdoor mendo from the dispensary recently and have been blown away by it’s medicinal/sleep effects. I’ll be on the lookout for anything crossed with it moving forward

1 Like

Don’t be growing sweet tooth lol,couldn’t smoke that strain after 9pm kept me up all night mind was racing lol

1 Like

I know others have made crosses with mendo breath, but many of those sought after pug thug lines are bred with mendo breath f2 (only f2 seeds were released by Gauge green, otherwise just the f1 and f3 clones)

2 Likes

I’ve smoked peanut butter breath and it was a very relaxing strain, but definitely didn’t put me to sleep like the pure mendo breath does. Still a wonderful strain though. You have a clone of mendo breath right?

1 Like

I don’t want to get this off subject even further, but yes I have the f1 clone. I’m also waiting for a cut of the f3, going to make f4 with them in the coming months.

3 Likes

This has now turned into a mendo breath thread…and I’m ok with it. :surfing_man:t4:‍♂

2 Likes

I just finished some purple afghani. Really good relaxed stone.
Super hard nugs and tasty too.

1 Like

Sorry about that :sweat_smile:. But to be honest, I’ve yet to try GDP, so can’t say if Mendo is better for sleep or not, but it definitely knocks me out :laughing:

@Jinglepot Was looking for a mendo clone to make a cross.

2 Likes

Hey, that’s me!!! Yea, I was/am, definitely!! Wanna make my own jelly breath!!

2 Likes

Too bad your in Canada, I don’t know where to direct you at the moment. Maybe come fall I can help, but that’s a few months away still :hot_face:

2 Likes

@Seamonkey84 I need follow you

So was his f2 a specific pheno? Would it be possible to pheno hunt one like his by making f2’s from f1’s?

Well not really… you would need to know what type of pheno pug thug picked as their breeder, then maybe you can find one similar. Unless you can get a pack of the f2, prob the most likely chance are in s1 of the original. The clone is the only f1 they released, and apparently they lost one of the original parents. I was told they no longer had mendos montage to make more with.

1 Like