GDP hybrid grow

Gifted a few tester seeds of GDP x GDP, courtesy of Til_Valhalla, and popped some over the past couple weeks. He’s been breeding various GDP strains to create a unique hybrid. Biggest plant in ocean forest mix while others in coco/perlite/dry amendments. Beige grow bag appears to be mutant which is always interesting. Regular beans so hoping for a few females down the road. Back in the early 2000s during college years we used to come across dank heady GDP from ATL area and trying to recapture some of those memories.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Cool, I have a couple young GDP plants, too! One of mine is also a mutant runt but I think it’s starting to grow out of it.

I have fond memories of those flavors.

1 Like

Yes gdp was the best of best way back then. Always loved when it came to town, that smell! Eighth would stink your whole house up lol. Nice and potent too, havent smoked real gdp in 15 plus years.

3 Likes

watch the mutant be the star of the garden… lol

thanks again for giving these an unbiased run. appreciate you.

3 Likes

Yeah man in the past some of the unique seedlings turned out to be the best so it wouldn’t surprise me. They’re all starting to develop nicely now that the non-stop rain and heavy humidity has moved through

2 Likes

was going to say the largest one is starting to put on some familiar leaf shapes (that’s good to see. mom traits coming through)

also glad you’re testing 2 different mediums.

I love gdp almost as much as BB and BBM. I scrog d a great GDP Fem and someone sent pollen but it didn t take . I wanted to breed this beast of a plant . seeds were from 00 seeds, I highly recommend .

that’s very sad to hear… :cry:
good news is i still have 2 clones of the male still alive… and they were both dumping pollen…

1 Like

Mutant has wings and will prob slowly grow out of it as each node develops but regardless always exciting

2 Likes

following - I find GDP to be one of the most medicinal strains for me for anxiety and depression and overall mood. it’s great

Dude I was trying to find who sent it just now. Im so bummed , tht male is perfect for this mom. I think it may have been to hot out here when it was in the mail box it was over 100 degrees .I think it may have created moistre in the bag cause there were chunks of pollen . I never want pollen so bad in my life when u sent me the description of tht mail. If u have any fresh stuff I d buy it .

1 Like

Actually going to be coco, soil, and then last two seedlings coming up in coco/ocean forest combo. Found some AC Infinity coco pre rinsed/buffered bricks on Amazon with grow bags and little kit type deal. I guess they’re getting into the medium game now

2 Likes

i sent the pollen with rice inside to keep it dry, but who knows. not sure if anyone else tried theirs yet. (no one tagged me :man_shrugging: )

perhaps i can try to send you some cuts of the male when it gets cooler out?

otherwise, i can try to collect the pollen (again). i just pruned the f^ck out of them too… they will live a while longer at least… i’m not planning to run them for a while (and not sure how long they will enjoy living in solo cups… )

1 Like

Yeah anythings fine, I did save a clone so I plan on saving her and growing out cuttings to breed . I ll send a couple ur way if u want a femized gdp. This plants gorgous. Very impressed so far . I really appreciate u sending tht the first time I dusted a bunch of buds . I thought tht would ve been great with the Hindu kush ,the BB and my MOB plant.

1 Like

i have had pollen sent to me as well. i have gotten some to work, others not.
but i will say i have had greater success making seed doing it au naturale as opposed to brushing some pollen on.

keep your cuts alive. we can try to see if cuttings of the male will work better for you.

we’ll OG the f^ck out of some kick@ss community GDP seed one way or another.

how is your clone game?

cool. three different mediums.
do you do all organics, or use some synthetics with the coco?

same here, I recently did a 1990s Dj Short grow and I collect pollen from the male and dusted a dew buds on the female . I can t wait to do a seed run with these beans.

3 Likes

Yeah just simple organic amendments prob all Gaia green maybe some recharge. Always tap water for my plants and I pH to 6.8 range… usually comes out around 8.5ish

1 Like