Gene Trader Upstate NY

It was a bit strange. Not what I expected, but I dont regret going. I think everyone was just high af. Prices I guess were avrage. I was hoping for lowered prices seeing as we all had to deive far and pay an entry fee. Some licence plate said maine and I even saw one from Colorado !
I feel like everyone there had more of a dealer attitude. Not the open friendly vibe of a grower. Dont know how to explain. I would say you need to bring about a grand with you to make it worth thr travel really. Bean packs were around 100. Even from unknown breeders. Cuts started at 100 and went all the way up to 2000

1 Like

What cut was going for $2000? That’s a lot especially if you’re just doing your thing at home.

3 Likes

I had no internet to look up certian strains so it was all on the word if the person who made it and wanted your cash ya know ?
Got home and looked some of them up, and now I do regret not getting them. Issue wa not a lot of info on anything before you head up or while you were there.

1 Like

Thats what I mean. For the avrage grower for personal use, im not sure you would want to spend that. But for a grower seller I guess it would be worth it.
One cut was ffororiginal Black cuban haze. Which if I had the cash I honestly think I would have picked it up for myself :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I know what you mean. I think that was the first event like that, without cell service. They dropped that info like the day before.

1 Like

Yeah Piffcoast has them. He wanted 2G’s for it?

It wa either 1.5 or 2 but Now I cant remember what the 2grand one was. Yeha I think the CBH was 1.5

That’s the only cut that’s worth it.

1 Like

Did he have the Brown cut there also?

There wa a certian air of arrogance I never knew existed in the breeder world. I saw it there. I guess I just didnt expect everyone to be how they were. It was a culture shock to me.

3 Likes

No. No brown cuts

It’s because of IG. IG fucked up everything

1 Like

Did it ? How do you mean ? I dont use IG that often

1 Like

IG is the hype machine

2 Likes

I look at it like this though, genetraders is very essential to the emerging market they are bringing a platform to the masses that doesn’t exist for most.

3 Likes

uh
 I’m 45 mins NW of NYC
 lol does the 23s in your handle stand for Rt 23? lol
 Not far from that!

1 Like

Interesting. Yeah even the customers I tried to talk with only gave back one word replies. It was just a strange atmosphere I didnt expect at all. Im used to the open friendly atmosphere of this community and talking to local growers I know. But some, not all of the people there were very very private. Not fun. Like they wanted to spend their 5 grand and drive back home. Idk. Thats okay and all, I just didnt expect it from a cannabis community event ya know. I get it thou.

3 Likes

:laughing: no it represents how old I will always feel, and my favorite year of life, and my lucky number sign. Anything 23 is good and anything 32 I should avoid. I didnt make it up. I literally went through 5 years of life were that was a constant and always truthful sign to guide my life.

I know what you’re referencing. The game has changed over the decades. When growing became trendy and commercialized (not in a commercial grow sense, but whored out), the real assholes started to pop up. Glad you got to go though and thanks for reporting outâœŒđŸ»

3 Likes

Prohibition definitely has lasting effects on the psyche. People coming out of their basements for the first time and interacting in public with something that was considered illegal months ago can fuck people up lol

4 Likes