Germinating very old seeds with success

I gave away 70 & 80’s seeds got promises to germinate and hit OG with the results but wished I would have tried a few but oh thats how things roll… happy growing…

3 Likes

No one popped any? That’s sad.

2 Likes

That’s a real shame mate,

1 Like

That Sterilization didn’t have anything to do with those sterile tube kits that come with that tissue culture goop did it?Starting to think I should have sterilized The 93 brickweed seeds I popped.Out of 8 only had 2 pop and they did wierd shit for awhile.The one is finally starting to grow normal finally.That thing was unrecognizable from cannabis at first it was strange and Vegged super slow in the beginning now it’s catching up

1 Like

Hmm…

““Then place the seed between the palms of your hands and hold it there for about thirty seconds. During this time it is important that you be standing barefoot on the spot of earth where you will later be planting it.”

Do you know just how hard it is to balance barefoot on a solo cup??? I keep crushing them. Any tips?

9 Likes

Lose a shit load of weight. :joy:

3 Likes

I dunno… I’m never getting back down to my birth weight… And even that might be too heavy! ROFL

3 Likes

I believe I sat down on bale of Promix once. Probably counts. I’m in tune with nature you know.

4 Likes

I also heard that banana peels have the right ingredients to help pop old beans I haven’t had a lot of luck with it but I’m also thinking my beans might be just too old

1 Like

No, it was basically using sterilized (pressure cooker) water and bleach to soak, then rinse, the seeds. It improved my germination rates of the 15 year old Ancestral Skunk from 10% to about 15%

8 Likes

How was that Skunk Btw?

2 Likes

Not skunky and full of intersex plants…

3 Likes

You would be better off with a hunk of aloe if you can get it.It’s loaded with minerals ,amino acids ,enzymes and salycitic acid a known root stimulator.Not to mention I see a similar quality of water manipulation with aloe kind of like yucca where it hydrates damn near anything I mean it’s 90 percent water too so kind of makes sense.the banana one is a good one for grafting I noticed.With older seeds a slower hydration is better I noticed rather than soaking in straight liquids for a quick one

3 Likes

Thank you for that info I will have to go find me some Aloe to try

You won’t regret it an Aloe is one of the best investments you can get your hands on.You can pop old beans ,New beans,Root cuttings with Help take the pain away and heal burns you can even specialy prepare it and use it to calm upset stomachs and treat stomach ulcers.They are cheap require little care and they need very little water

4 Likes

Just about every one of the folks that grew these said the same shit…WTF?
I personally think A-skunk was all the refuse genetics from hortafarm.
Just my opinion, no real proof.
And why would anyone intentionally breed the skunk outta the genes?
If you really did so, would you not save some for later in case you changed your mind?
Again, just random stoner thoughts… :sunglasses:

Allegedly, they were an open pollination with the seeds SkunkmanSam brought over from CA. Remember there were no carbon filters back then. An RKS plant could quite literally, find you in jail. Not something that gets kept around.

I also think the whole RKS is just false memories. The first time I saw sinsemilla it was as rare as a unicorn. Bet you that same bud today wouldn’t pass my sniff test.

2 Likes

I tried to recreate nostalgia and mostly failed. Still fun though.

But seeds don’t smell those could be kept.
Skunkface was able to hold as many plants as needed, without worry of smell.
So why breed it out?
Was it not of any use medically?
Just toss that shit?
It is not logical that he said just toss that shit.
If he really, really did…It has to be the biggest bonehead move in cannabis history… :laughing:

You do know he most likely holds more cannabis genetics personally than anyone in the world right?

1 Like

This could be the most accurate description of the events. :rofl:

3 Likes