Getting older

IV was the place to party! Do you remember the Yellow Submarine Head Shop? That place was cool AF when we were kids

3 Likes

Oh yeah, can’t ever forget that…along with a Sheriff’s Capt who was standing on a barracade during those riots waving around a mace and a Spanish sword…LOL

3 Likes

Dude, we did that kind of stuff all the time. My friends and I would walk all the way to Goleta Beach from the foothills going only via the creek which ended at the Slough. Good times!

2 Likes

I’m on the same quest. Keep the faith!

3 Likes

Always leaves crazy memories. I stashed Goleta for a future pet/nick name, sounds nice and a good tribute :laughing:

2 Likes

I am as well…these new strains are tasty but just don’t seem the same as the Old School weed I grew up on. The search continues.

3 Likes

One of my favorite summer salads. Goes great with BBQ chicken.

4 Likes

That looks and sounds so tasty it should probably be illegal! YUM!!!

4 Likes

I didn’t go to UCSB or ever live in IV.

I was familiar with the Psychedelic Shop on Haight St, and the Infinite Mind on Fairfax Ave. in Los Angeles. The place had a free light show and (recorded) music in the back room until 3am. No charge and, of course, no drugs.

The Infinite Mind

5 Likes

Salzers Mercantile in Montalvo south of Ventura was our favorite head shop when I was a teen. They have a classic vinyl record store in there now.

3 Likes

Salzer’s Merchantile…OMG, I haven’t heard that name in probably 45 years! That was an great place for us too, once we had cars. We stayed mostly up our way though.

2 Likes

No doubt you also remember Tower Records…probably the best stocked record store in SoCal when I was kid. There wasn’t anything I couldn’t find there. If it existed, they had it music wise.

3 Likes

I was in a Tower records when they were closing down and found a Joey Lawrence CD which I bought for $1 and signed my friend up to the fan club.

2 Likes

Was it the one in Hollywood?

1 Like

Much much further north man.

1 Like

The one in San Francisco then…it was sad to see that place close

2 Likes

Even further north than that. I don’t remember all the details but I seem to remember their Canadian launch being a big fail.

2 Likes

LA and San Francisco were the only two I knew about…but then I suspect they hadn’t grown beyond that when I was young

3 Likes

They got pretty big, assuming we are talking about the same thing.

2 Likes

There was only ever one Tower records, so, no doubt we are talking about the same store. If you’re talking about being there when they closed we are on opposite ends of their life. They were a thriving store in Hollywood, then later opened the San Francisco store. It wasn’t until MUCH later that things went south and they had to close down…ultimately all of them.

2 Likes