Getting older

In my blue eyes, that’s not nearly disgusting enough.

4 Likes

You’re too full of shit to have blue eyes.

9 Likes

Thank you for noticing. :+1:

5 Likes

Yep, now that’s a real Southern Girl right there! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

I got no where else to complain
I do but I rather do it here and spare my family.

So out of no where all the sudden my hip, leg starts hurting
Wtf?
Naturaly I had to favor that leg at the expense of my back.
Now the hip feels better but I fucked my back
Up…again.
Been a fucking 2 week pain nightmare
Level 6ish out of 10.
Finally got some sleep, in the middle of the nite
Storm comes up, scares Jeffy my blind dog buddy
And he pawed me awake.
No sleep back fucked up
And…
The doctor put me on stantens.
My cloreterol was hight but no blood test
I can review.
No one brought up diet. They just threw the pills at me.
I took them but quit, weird me out, made me dizzy.
I mean no diet discussions .
Well i quit eating bacon, and using heavy cream for my coffee and that made me meaner lol
But looking at fat
Choloerol
Saturated fat etc…FFS
What am I supposed to eat?
1 chef Ramsey pot pie
33 percent of cholesterol
I’m fucking 6"1
One cup cake adds another 30ish percent of saturated fat
Fml
Even fucking bread that I love dearly has the shit in it.
Wtf do I cook with?
Chrisco is.bad
Veg oil can be bad to semi ok
No fucking breakfast I can stand
I mean, no Sasuage or like 2 little links
Or 1 slice of bacon
And ffs God forbid you have a fucking egg with it.

Whomever invented Fat free cream needs to be racked.

If you do the shitty tasting fat free garbage
Your loaded up on sugar and 50 ingredients I can’t pronounce
Or whatever
Fuck reading the ingredients is scary.
I do like 97 percent lean sliced ham.and eggs
For breakfast but not every day
And one fucking egg?
Really
Dad had it right I guess
Ate what he wanted , passed at 75
Mom’s 90 and does as they say
But damn
The food is fucked up , I don’t see how she does it.
Rant over
I feel like a criminal
I snuck 1 lb of bass farm sausage and I feel like a alcoholic hiding his booze except mine
Is fucking sausage.

8 Likes

Are you even slightly overweight? Like even 10 pounds?

1 Like

No 6’1 184

2 Likes

I fucked up my knee a long time ago and it still hurts, and when it does I favour the other knee which then starts to hurt.

I could afford to lose 10 pounds but I stick to the “I eat whatever I want” diet just in small portions.

3 Likes

exercise can help with cholesterol but you gotta not overdo it with a back injury and a bad hip. swimming is low impact and works well from what i’ve heard.

4 Likes

Yup, they told me 20 mins at least
And fooking and working your ass off
Don’t count lol

2 Likes

It might be pesticides if it’s from california. Our stuff at the dispos have been testing dirty for many years but I agree it’s a lot easier to get addicted to the pen. When I do use pens I go for the rosin carts and I try to limit it to a puff every 1-2 hours otherwise i’ll kill a gram a day.

I usually eat 1lb of meat + 1lb of veggies per meal as I bulk. You’d want to aim for 20 ish veggies in a week but 1-5 is better than nothing. Instead of vegetable oil I use butter on a cast iron pan or no butter and stick that in the air frier.

For your back start with some light physical therapy such as walking in a pool, and then eventually light weight lifting to strengthen the muscles that hold everything up. Cholesterol won’t be as big of an issue as long as your HDL is high enough. If you really want to lower the cholesterol go for chicken over beef/pork for the 1lb. You can fix cholesterol with diet for sure. I’ve tested it by cutting eating spam/eggs only for a few months and my doc wanted me to go on statens. I went on the 1lb meat + 1lb veggies diet and it went back to normal levels.

3 Likes

Same 40’s with a 6 yr old and I can honestly say the last time with anyone else was over 14 yrs ago

:facepunch: good job on staying sober :facepunch:

I’ve been Tee Total for 20 years and don’t miss booze at all now.

5 Likes

5 years for me. One of the best decisions I ever made.

6 Likes

Feelin that :facepunch: I don’t regret getting it out of my life. I watched the guy next house over require 6 police officers to get him into his house after a drunken fall in our street and took a moment to be thankful that ain’t and will not be me.

It’s criminal how much booze is pushed over here in Scotland and god forbid you tell someone you don’t drink. They look at you like you have two heads and six tits.

Sorry for ranting!

6 Likes

they may say it but it does make a difference. and definitely adjust the diet too. red meat and alcohol got to go, mostly anyways. i’ll never give up the occasional steak and the beer every now and again. hamburger can go away and i’ll be fine with it though. deer meat is a great substitute if you can hunt. unless you get one with wasting disease, new thing kind of like mad cow but not as bad. diet will be your biggest thing i think.

@Haggis my son who just turned 21 is at the highland games at grandfather mountain nc right now. he has had some fun already i heard about.

2 Likes

Even here not drinking is considered weird.

Not the same but I was in Mexico with my wife and we ordered a Diet Coke for me and a corona for her. The waiter put the corona in front of me and the Diet Coke in front of her. It’s expected.

It’s weird. I don’t like to explain myself and I hate when people pour shots for the table because then I have to have the whole conversation.

7 Likes

Nice! Has he ever tried tossing a caber? The lady whose tobacco outlet I frequented in NC during my year of trying to tame a Southern girl had a son who did the highland games :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Drives me nuts stuff like that. It freaks me out that people are fine with me poisoning my body slowly with various forms of booze or smoking a cig but if I spark up a joint all of a sudden I am a “Junkie” or w/e their closed minded world-view thinks cannabis consumers.

3 Likes

People can do what they like. It just annoys me when they expect me to do what they like.

Weddings, birthday parties, Christmas, new years: all expected.

4 Likes