Ghetto Equipment

Lab
Do you get less noise and vibrations by hanging that vortex fan by bungi cord?

8 Likes

Way less. Like almost non existent compared to other hangers!

8 Likes

Speaking of ghetto I couldnā€™t find a bracket for this fan so X marks the spot!

12 Likes

Very much so and especially now that the bearing is going and has been for about 3 years. :smiley: If I anchored it to the concrete wall it would be OK but I want the flexibility to change itā€™s position as needs be for different grows I do.

I wish it was a Vortex fan but itā€™s a no-name unit. Itā€™s got at least 10 years on it so for a POS itā€™s been worth it. But Iā€™ve been lusting after a Vortex S Series 8" for a while to have extra for my grow room expansion.

Getting a big raise next week with my old age pension. From $800/mth disability to $2400! Be living the life of Riley now me lad. :wink: Iā€™m at my sisterā€™s in Chilliwack, BC since yesterday. Went fishing for coho on the beautiful river of the same name but only had an hour before dark and went home skunked. Blew $150 on a new rod and reel and with some tackle and licenses was around $250. 8 day licence then $36 for another one.

Iā€™ll have to go post this in my grow thread. lol

:peace:

9 Likes

Nice , I need to try hanging my fan like that Thanks Guys

Oh and I do Love a good fishing outing

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Iā€™ve been trying to figure out a way to quiet down my exhaust fans and that looks like it could be the winning ticket :grin:

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a duct muffler I made out of chicken wire, a 6ā€to 4ā€ reducer, an old cushion and leather from a couch I stripped. Works well. Very ghetto.

14 Likes

Just upgraded to a quieter pump

:blush:

9 Likes

15 Likes

Yoyos and tent wonā€™t be in till tomorrow so had to improvise

8 Likes

This is fucking awesome. I love it.

1 Like

But how will you keep your pants up?

2 Likes

How much do those fans go for? What is the name of it? I need a cheap fan for my new tent. I donā€™t think the ones I have, are good.

4 Likes

Itā€™s called an inline fan. Thereā€™s tons on Amazon etc, Iā€™m not sure of pricing tbh.

5 Likes

cobblingsā€¦

cardboard sunblock.

Add-a-handle

11 Likes

Thanks. I wasnā€™t sure if the name. I found a 4inch for 19.99. My text is 2x2. So should be good enough. Thanks! Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

6 Likes

11 Likes

At least it floats! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

20 bucks? That seems suspiciously cheap lol, got a link? There are fans called ā€˜inline booster fansā€™ that look similar but donā€™t have the same pressureā€¦ theyā€™re no good for our purposes

Even PC style fans can be good for a smaller space like yours.

5 Likes

Here it is. I donā€™t have the cash yet. Just window shopping and it seems like a good value. A lot of units sold.

3 Likes