Ghetto Equipment

Ya that’s what I suspected, notice it says ‘booster’, it won’t be very good for your use. Those are to help boost pressure along long runs of ducting in HVAC systems, they don’t hold up well against pressure.

Do you have any ventilation in your box now? If so what size openings? Also do you need/have a carbon scrubber for smell?

6 Likes

The opening is for 4 to 8 inches. It’s a 2x2x 55inches tent. Thanks for letting me know. I only have two small computer desk fans that I will be using. Don’t have the cash for anything more expensive for now.

I appreciate you looking at it. I figured it would of been good for that size of tent. I don’t know the difference with boosters and inline fans yet.

:+1:

4 Likes

I have used something like this in a similar space running 125ish watts with no filter. Worked fine.

4 Likes

There ya go. I guess it will be good for a smaller space, those fans tend to drastically lose power when connected to ducting or any type of load.

6 Likes

I’m going to get it after the new year when I get my disability check. Until then. I think the babies will be ok. It’s worth a shot until I strike it rich lol

4 Likes

I have and used the 6 inch when I 1st started growing using home made filter
They never had much power after any filtering device was attached,
They work fine for moving hot air from tent or drawing cool air into the room, but I tried to hook it up to smaller carbon filter from the hydro store and it could not suck at all. You need a vortex fan and a big filter like these if you are growing big plants.

3 Likes

Also I always stop and check yard sales for good stuff too

3 Likes

I’m inclined to agree with you here. They’re good for intake but that’s about it. Pressure drop at any length paired with a carbon filter will do absolutely nothing

3 Likes

100% agree with your assumption

3 Likes

I tried when I first started. Ended up getting a bigger fan and using the little one as an intake. Which they work really well for. I’m bodging a control tube out of a toilet brush holder right now too if that constitutes ghetto :joy:

6 Likes

I’m just looking to blow in some cool air. IM no where near being as good as you with larger plants. When I set up my tent later. I plan on doing 4 plants in 2 gallon pots. Once I nail the autos and get a few ozs. I’m going to try photos and see if I can grow bigger. The time I’m doing the autos, I will have money for a proper fan. Garage sales are great to find things - I have to wait until summer

3 Likes

That is fine what you want then, it will either bring fresh cool air in or hot air hot to be vented .
I hooked one up to my cool tube and used it to move cool air over the light bulb and vented outside for a while when i grew in tents. When you go bigger you will need filter and more air flow for sure.

1 Like

Ignore the vortex hooked up just focus on the light and imagine a 6 inch fan hook up with the fan you are talking about, It keeps the tent much cooler as long as you are not venting into same room as the tent.

4 Likes

Ok. I think I understand more. Right now for my size tent. I’m just doing a few fans in the tent and I’m going to use that fan as an intake.

The pic you posted is ideally what I wish I could do

Please correct if I’m wrong. But on the left of the photo that I circled is the intake fan and on the right is the exhaust for the hot air?

2 Likes

This is a pic off the web that I was trying to explain the cool tube for you
The fan on right in for bringing cool air in across the hot bulb and out.
Most likely the fan on left is exactly what you think. A big vortex fan on full power would blow that tent up like a balloon LOL Must have a speed controler on it to make it mellow out.
But yep you are getting the idea now. The larger 600-1000 HPS and MH bulbs get very HOT
Be careful when working around and under them, you will get burned, I cooked my hair real good once and ruined a blub before the cooltubes LOL

2 Likes

I will be using an led light. It’s not much, but should get the job done. I’m also going to use fox farms trio for nutes plus cal-mag

Thanks for the advise. I don’t need my tent blowing too much air. I’m going to try that fan and see what happens.

6 Likes

Good deal, Fox farms is what I used when I 1st use chem nutes, good stuff just be careful not to overfeed them
I always feed about half of what the label said, I ran around 850ppms to avoid build up.

2 Likes

Toilet brush holder

Drilled holes with step bit for m25x15mm sealing glands.

Chopped the handle off the lid.

Inlet and outlet at the bottom. I will get a bit of PTFE on these due to the small diameter and being round we may not get a perfect seal right off.

Primed and sprayed a graphite grey.
The cap you see is a bit of threaded valve from my old dinghy. And the black cap inside that was another bit of something I found that fit perfectly. (I did have to drill the top out a bit more to take the thread)

Added one of my old wifi flood and drain stickers. Because it’s still for a wifi controlled flood and drain. Just a bit more compact. Waiting for a float switch to arrive from eBay and 4 x 10l buckets to make the pots aswell as various other bits. Control bucket total spend £2 (£3.47 with the float switch)

10 Likes

Here’s one I did today.

I needed some stuff from the hydro store and thought I’d get a new measuring syringe because the markings on mine have worn away.

Then I decided instead of buying one for $10 I would just fix the one I have.

I borrowed Mrs Foreigner’s nail polish and used a known quantity of liquid to make the markings.

Pretty sweet if you ask me.

6 Likes

Big oral syringes work great and are cheaper than the hydro store, get a 10 pack of 10ml for $5 or 100 pack for $15