Ghetto Equipment

I cut clear 2 liter bottles in half to use as humidity domes when I transfer seedlings into their dwc buckets.

2 Likes

I use these lights says their 5000w each they were $70 each on eBay very bright been using them for a long time

I do like these light maybe I’ll trade some seeds for a Mars or spider light see if there’s any difference

6 Likes

Thinking about rigging up some manual light movers with sliding door tracks https://www.lowes.com/pd/National-Hardware-1-Piece-72-in-Bi-pass-Door-Sliding-Closet-Door-Track-Kit/1000144513

1 Like

You could tie a stick to an oscillating fan then fishing line from end of stick to light🤠

1 Like

Be care full using fishing line , it degrades with light , and stretches then snaps under heat of grow room , maybe braid is ok but deffo not mono film ( plastic type ) , seen the after affects of people using fishing line to hang lights , big mistake : )
Just something to be aware of : )
Fishing line and duct tape arnt really suited to grow room envioment

1 Like

One air scrubber…

1 Like

I’ve got a bunch of light hangers. Somehow they just end up in my amazon packages.:sweat_smile:

what kind of outlet do you use for 3000watts?

I use a dryer outlet, it can handle up to 8000 watts. Got a 4 light controller hooked to it right now.

1 Like

Those lights @anon98660487 posted are probably more like 100w. Lots of budget grow light companies tend to use sensationalist (also made up) numbers, good for seeds, clones, mini grow cabinets/ smaller tents.

1 Like

There 3000watts each

These are great lights I’ve had 20 grows using these

1 Like

30 amp breaker @ 80% is 24 amps @ 240v would be 5,760w max

1 Like

220W specified in the above linked fixture (the 5kW model). Which ‘better’ aligns with expectations based on the form factor and number of LEDs on the PCB.
Though, probably not even that since the other performance numbers don’t seem to jive and the power density would still be high … that doesn’t mean they don’t work for the purpose at hand though … just more of the marketing games.

4 Likes