Girls soaking up some "rays" for a mid February greenhouse grow

As my description of the events suggest in my story above. This rings true for me because I was there and helped this process happen in Salmon Creek:
" Origin of American Cultivation Culture
The cannabis cultivation cultures in Northern California and Hawaii have their genesis in heirloom strains introduced to the United States during the 1960s, ’70s, and ’80s. The climate in Northern California sometimes closely approximates that of parts of Afghanistan and the Hindu Kush mountains. Because the central West Coast of the United States is roughly similar in the weather it receives, landrace strains brought back from some regions of Indonesia and the Middle East have traditionally thrived in Northern California. With them, the cannabis culture in the United States has also thrived. Both Hawaii and the entire West Coast have become synonymous with high-quality outdoor grown cannabis — just as Columbia is known for producing some of the world’s best coffee beans."

https://www.whaxy.com/learn/landrace-cannabis-strains

2 Likes

Friend, I explained in other thread: ya havent got time or space to work with wild landraces. Ya need heirlom worked landraces to your proyecto (Malawi Bangui is heirloom crosses, like Seeds Banks pure satives)

2 Likes

Northern Lights isent landrace. Is a Canadian or USA cross between Afghan n a little Tai…
Btw, no Cannabis in California durin Hispanic times, @SLOGrown ?

1 Like

Actually I just got a nice outdoor space to grow. So I have the space. And for time I’m ok with that I’m at 27 deg. latitude so I can grow into december if im lucky. This winter here it only got below freezing like 3-5 days out of the whole winter. It stayed pretty warm all winter.

3 Likes

I explained myself: from pure Mexican wild grow landrace ya will find only a great Plant of 100…The same landrace worked to heirloom: all plants great…

1 Like

I understand, It would be much faster to work with heirloom or landraces that a breeder has already worked with for a while. But I still would like to have some pure landraces that have not been worked so that I can can choose certain traits on my own.
I know it would take a lot longer that way, But I do plan on mixing in worked lines with the landraces also. I don’t plan on only using wild landraces. I did end up getting those mexican senora seeds from GGW though I did not ask for them he threw them in with the Colombian Red mix I asked for.
I think he did it because there was only 5 columbian red seeds. Like he told you though they are just seeds from the narco’s. Which would be the usual brick weed that comes into the USA from mexico, So it’s likely nothing special like Oaxaca… But I still appreciate the gift and will probably throw them outside and let them grow and see what comes out of them.

2 Likes

I did get some Zipolite Oaxaca Gold from Bohdi. But they are unworked . But he posted some pics of the buds and they looked nice.

2 Likes

Actually, If you buy the Zipolite Oaxaca you get a pack of columbian gold as a freebie.

3 Likes

Yare as same latitude as Southerst Spanish lands, in Canary Islands. If ya remember Canary people wellcomed ya to Cannabiscafe. They can grow all year with their African tropical weather…

1 Like

I wish I could reply on cannabis cafe but I can not. I can log on but that is all I can do.

1 Like

Actually I’m at 30 degrees north latitude to be exact. But it is still not bad, But it is very humid here, like 90-100% humidity and it gets very hot here too in the summer 90-100 degrees F

I can’t view any forums or anything once I sign in. I tried to email them but they never responded back.

1 Like

Agreed mig, I’ve conducted many landrace selection process and it’s a many year process. Hundreds of plants = what is needed is lots of time, space, and patients, which I don’t have anymore. I leave this type of breeding to the young and folks that understand it must be done…

1 Like

I have both red and gold seeds. The two are night and day in terms of characteristics. One day I’ll do a comparison grow of the two. I prefer the Gold but the REd indeed have some very likable traits namely the smell. While gold smells like sweet lemons the Red smells like an unadentfifiable fruit, a really strong fruit…

1 Like

I understand completely, But I still would like to use a few landraces and then add a few good worked strains into the mix. I have the time and hopefully the patience to see a project through. I’m neither old or young going on my mid 40’s. But I would love at least the chance to work with some landrace lines if I don’t complete my project at least I can do my part in preserving these rare landraces by producing more seeds and spreading them to others to ensure that they are not lost for ever in the future. Your a lucky man to have such a selection and it sounds like you have done your part !

1 Like

I completely support all learning and encourage you to get going. We are here to support you and add what we know. As I tell my clients, "it’s not about “things” it’s about “process.” The “process” is the learning “things” stagnate our growth, get going… : )

2 Likes

Yeah, Columbian Gold is in Original Haze (with Acapulco Gold n Thai)

You know Evrything mig, you might consider writing a Cannabis encyclopedia…

Love that poem…

Wayfarer, there is no path

Wayfarer, the only way
Is your footprints and no other.
Wayfarer, there is no way.
Make your way by going farther.
By going farther, make your way
Till looking back at where you’ve wandered,
You look back on that path you may
Not set foot on from now onward.
Wayfarer, there is no way;
Only wake-trails on the waters.

3 Likes

I appreciate that SLOGrown, My mother just passed away this last sunday and I need to do things to keep my mind occupied right now. And a project like this would definitely keep me busy. I plan on starting some work on it outdoors soon as it is that time of year.
I’m always willing to learn as I truly get enjoyment out of growing, and I think the marijuana plant is beautiful in many ways, It’s looks the smells and effects and healing properties that the feds choose to ignore and demonize to the detriment of millions of people who should be able to choose this as an option over the many pharmaceuticals that are so toxic and dangerous to the human body not to mention all the side effects that come with them.
It is crazy how the government interferes where they have no right too! A person should have the right to choose what they want to put into their own body as long as it is not affecting others in a bad way. Marijuana has to be one of the safest drugs on the face of this earth. I mean come on , you cant even take tylenol with out possible serious risk to your body. Then you have doctors prescribing children by the millions amphetamines for HDHD and that is ok, but god forbid someone partake of some marijuana which has never killed anyone before. Sorry to ramble on so long, It just frustrates me to see how the government treats this safe drug as if it is dangerous knowing that it is not. People are slowly seeing through all the lies though, Thank God.
So many people are arrested and put in prison over marijuana use, While the judges attorneys and cops go home or to the bar after work and get their drink on! I won’t even go there about how alcohol is so much more dangerous and destructive than marijuana in every way. But yet it’s fine and dandy for officials to get off work and hit the bar and drive home under the influence…

1 Like