Goat & Monkey Seeds "Legacy Line" A preservation project

Bro what is gabagoo?! That’s the code word me and my friend used for bud in the 8th grade :joy:

4 Likes

If it will help the cause I’ll gladly send them to you. Just recently started looking at his lines. Some yummy sounding stuff in their.
If I do get them started I’ll send clones. I’m in NY and it sounds like you have some farms here working with you, if my reading comprehension is good

2 Likes

Matt was like that… Xochipilli was his screen name on a few sites and XO was short for it. It was Goat & Monkey for years far as I know, but I only knew Matt 2yrs. He’s a funny dude… for months I had no idea he was Xochipilli and I asked him if he heard of G&M Seeds… hahaha… says, yeah, that’s me. I asked him then, which one are you, Goat or Monkey… hahaha… Both. wtf is up with the name then… I thought it sounded cool… THAT was Matt… he owned it by himself but had many good people behind scenes at times assisting… as we all do

7 Likes

I had to ask a few people about this XO name… those are some oldies ya got there and might be the real deal for that reason. They would be sat on for a few years by the group, not me, until the legal battle is over… a way to keep things safe… but if you would donate them, I’d be sure the got into the right hands…

3 Likes

Hey Terp, you fiend… lol.
Gabagoo is a strain I created back in like 2008 I think… It’s an Auto flower…
Sour60 x AK47 crossed to a few other autos… wife named it after a scene on Sopranos… Pass the Gabagoo… after we ran it, she was loading a bud into a bowl and it refused to come off her finger… finally she does, looks at me and does the Italian fingers thingy and says… it’s a Gabagoo… thus naming the strain… Argo’s Gardens runs it up in Colorado, says people ask for it…

3 Likes

Anyone who received any of the Urkle x White Runtz testers, grow them now…
here’s why

The Molokai #5 x WR is a buggar to grow. It wilts all the time, goes thru a gallon of water a day. very slow flowering and will most likely bend her over soon…

The Babies are doing good for being started on 12/12… not quite like I’m used to at just over a week old but they will bounce back…

10 Likes

Matt would be so proud the way this has taken off… I mean wow.
A big effort involving many of Matt’s friends and now including his sister…
Matt was involved in his own FB page, so another was created just for this and is kept to private invite only. and the member list reads like a green thumbs award party… gonna get fun over the next few years…
I’m hoping to soon be in a position to offer up 10pks to interested growers who would grow them ASAP… post a few shots up here… it’s just about honoring Matt here…

So yeah, anyone growing his gear, show us what your up to…

11 Likes

The Molokai #5 x White Runtz is a big girl… pretty sure the MK#5 added a lot of Sativa genetics… a bit slower on her flowering too compared to the Urkle x WR.

Reaching towards the light I had to super crop her and bend her branches outward… she responded well…

Urkle x White Runtz. few days before her trim and LST work

After

11 Likes

The response is a bit limited… and here I was waiting for shipping materials so I could gift out his seeds to those interested in doing a preservation grow soon…

ATM though I just don’t see any interest in it…

12 Likes

I thought you were collecting genetic not looking for help with preservation runs. My understanding was you had people lined up for the runs already

1 Like

Man if I knew the first thing about growing for seeds, I’d jump right on it. Gimme a few more months to get some grow experience & I’ll throw my hat in :+1:

I love both Goats & Monkeys. My 2 fav animals… after my dog :laughing:

5 Likes

I’d love to help, @Carty if I wasn’t already committed to the Vortex Co-op run soon. Thanks for doing this, and I hope you get some volunteers soon to help out!

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’ve got two projects already and prep for upcoming season.

1 Like

Why can’t it be both… didn’t mean to piss you off…
The preservation part has been taken over by Ben Nero and currently they are testing Matt’s gear to find the top 10…

The Urkle is showing excellent on everything

4 Likes

I’ll run anything Goat and Monkey. They are on my short list for breeders to buy from, but all strains seem to be out of stock now on their website. I’m especially interested in the Triangle s1 and crosses and his blue dream work. I make seeds, but I’ve yet to do a preservation run, but, I’d be game to give it my best.

4 Likes

I knew him through Fb for about 7 years or so,super cool kat,I’ll never forget him. Rip Matt,:goat: :monkey: :dash::fire::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::100:

1 Like

You didn’t piss me off at all. I’m genuinely surprised that you were looking for people to do preservation runs. It didn’t read that way to me at all. I’ll circle back with you after I complete some of my projects, if your still looking I’d be happy to help

2 Likes

Eh it’s ok EGreen… It really got confusing very fast… I started a thread here to honor Matt and then thought, we should try to save his genetics. Little did I know bigger people then myself had the same idea. and the resources to do it correctly as you can tell by the tests being done. Only way to assure it’s the real deal is testing tissue cultures.

NY is where most is taking place atm. 2 growers already holding licenses and 2 of the nice cuts direct from Matt… It’s off to a great start. We now have his sister Elena involved and things are going in the right direction.

I think the reason it all says Out of Stock on his site is because they are currently going thru legal issues with his Estate and once it’s cleared up. who knows, different site… for now however, some may come available soon at Auctions… so if you know of good auction sites, whisper it to me… hahaha.

I will however, offer up seeds to anyone who wants to add to this thread that now is simply to grow his genetics and honor the brother during 2023…

Thanks People…

7 Likes

All good @Carty my buddy is licensed in NY. Curious what farm are running his stuff here

1 Like

Not sure, just have his name and I’m not authorized to release it. One has the Mass Gas cut and the other a 2nd strain Espiritu something… go to Instagram and see the preservation guys… I’m just a little grower honoring an old friend…

2 Likes