Goat & Monkey Seeds "Legacy Line" A preservation project

Oh boy did you pick a slammer… do you know I’ve never grown it… going to be a treat to watch you run it Kgrim… way to help out the Fam…

Think I have another card for you brudda… did I send you Sugar Belts F2 yet?

2 Likes

OldSOG is running a sale right now where if you buy two packs of his CoC seeds you get one free ransom pack of Goat and Monkey! Wow!

1 Like

@Carty Outta likes, LOL
No, I don’t have Sugar Belts yet. That sounds :fire: also.
More than likely I’ll do the Diesel Express as a seed run, not a Co-op run, but a seed run to get them into the hands of the OG family thru sporadic Wikis and whatnot. If it’s “remotely” close to any of the 9# hammer crosses I’ve grown, it’ll be an intense buzz.

These 2 are from the ‘20 Covid run of “Trench Buddy” from the Michigan Marijuana Seed Club, a 9# Hammer cross. This was taken 2nd week of Sept and harvested 1st-2nd week of October. It was a real stony plant. Smoked on it for over a year, and a 1/2 joint and you’d be good and stoned. Had a very unique taste that’s unmistakable, you could pick it blindfolded taking the Pepsismoke challenge, LOL
It’s a strain that I’d recommend to any Michigander for an outdoor run.

5 Likes

I’m real excited to run the Gootchitmang fems you sent over! They sound like absolute fire.

2 Likes

What a cool name too huh>… It’s either G&M or Oldsog who has a strain called “Parole Violaton” and my buddy refused to run any, sad, bad juju bro… hehe…
IX3U loves collecting strains with cool unique names…
I think we’d all love to take that Pepsi/coke challenge Kgrim… and what beautiful plants… and if from seed, mad respect to the breeder for their uniformity… some very strong looking ladies…
Might have to dig thru what I’ve got and toss something in with next grow… gotta stop giving them all away… Matt used to yell at me… hahaha…

6 Likes

Is this the one?

5 Likes

@Carty, those 2 plants I posted were from seed.
They came from the Michigan Marijuana Seed Club, Breeder: Uncle Pete, Strain: Trench Buddy
Those are from the 2020 “Covid” run.
They were exactly the reason that I spent the money and bought a Centurion Tabketop Trimmer. It took 3 of us well xxxxzover 68 hours to trim those 2 plants working 6-8 hours a night.
I passed out clones to the guys at work, and they all grew huge like the ones above, and the smoke was in demand constantly.
I can’t recommend this strain for Michigan growers enough, very easy to grow, very PM and pest resistant, finished last week of Sept, 1st week of Oct, and tons of chunky resin coated buds, with a unique taste that can be picked out of a crowd.
They are also one of the reasons that I left RIU and found OG. They pissed off the ever present resident trolls that think their shit don’t stink and are the best growers in the universe.
Got sick of them bashing because they didn’t come from Bohdi, Mosca, JOTI, or a POS pollen chucker like Matt Riot. Uncle Pete or the MMSC were someone they had never heard of, so according to the trolls, the smoke wasn’t “worthy”.
It’s one of the things I love about OG, since joining, have really only seen 2 people bashing others, and they were called out in quick order. There is much love, respect, camaraderie, sharing, help and teaching done here without all the negativity, drama and bashing.
That’s why I think OG is the best forum on Mother Earth :earth_americas:

6 Likes

Yup… dat’s the one… to funny and his loss for sure. nice one to hang onto bro…

2 Likes

Yeah, your right about that… most people here are very civilized… just gotta let the small stuff go. We all have our moments, bad days… etc.
Hey, you might want to contact Draig and Lady Zandra about this strain or, start a thread saying, Hey Michigan Growers as there’s a few on here. The fact it has some of the resistances it does in an area heavy with morning dew during bud finishing time does sound handy as heck.

Think I’m going to put down a feminized seeds by Matt RIP as I’ve not done an honorary plant in a grow… Hmmmm? what will it be.? time to rummage

5 Likes

I’m starting some of Matt’s Blue Destroyer… in my Blues Thread… lol.
(Santa Cruz Blue Dream x Triangle Kush) x ChemDog D

What a combo…

5 Likes

Don’t forget @bobgrows and @shag as well for Michigan outdoors! Plants look amazing. Riu :rofl::rofl: I was on that site about a week and just asking simple questions would turn into a pissing contest between people who do to get along and no real answer. Better yet ask a question and get I do to do that I do this and this so it’s not an issue. WTF! I asked for help or advice not a run down on why you don’t have to do something. I ended up using my mycology forums cannabis thread after that bs. Year later found OG and haven’t even thought of looking back. Hell I erased my saved password for the site over it! Thanks OG! @carty I get the bad juju feeling kinda like the one we don’t mention who’s gear had to be gone :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: from seed stash.

4 Likes

Right… flushed them, then he has the nerve to send me a happy birthday wish… thought I’d blocked him everywhere, missed one… haha.

One of the G&M Preservation guys found out I’ve never tried Espritu Sanctum and is sending me a pack to grow… nice.

These Blue Destroyer seeds are both up and running… 2 days… wow.

2 Likes

I was on there for about a year, before I discovered OG. Once here, NEVER went back. The attitude, friendliness, camaraderie, sharing, and help present here is unparalleled.
I hated the shit show there. So many A$$holes it was amazing. You couldn’t get any help. Ask a question and get berated for not already knowing the answer. They are all the “best” growers in the world. Their little “cliques” were disturbing and how they treat people was BS.
I’ll be here for a LONG time.
Not only did I meet someone that I grew up with, know the same people, went to the same Junior High, and ate at the same bakery every day, met someone and know his brother, who lives just up the road from me, how coincidental is that??
This is the Greatest Forum with some of the greatest folks who not only share grows, information and seeds, if you have an issue, you’ll actually receive help without drama, what a concept, LOL
RIU can keep their BS drama filled forum.
I’ll stay right here with my chair in the corner!!!

3 Likes

I read RIU for a long time, before finding OG. Never once considered join :joy:. This is an amazing oasis filled with a sh!t ton of really awesome talented people

2 Likes

Made some Sour dub x TK (Dubble trouble)
X Pnw HP x Puck bc1

edit in photo
Hapi growing

6 Likes

Very Hapi growing…

Blue Destroyer by Goat & Monkey…
pheno A

pheno B

11 Likes

Dropping a cross-link here to a post I made quoting Matt/Xochi about the origins of the Sterling Skunk line he saved shared with Bodhi, Caleb, and Stray among others:

3 Likes

One more thing, here’s a post Matt started in 2006 on ICMag and then revisited in 2014 to post more. Only half or less of pics are labeled but some really superb photography all around in those later updates. Lots of images of what would become his breeding stock for G&M, especially Cherry Pie, Triangle, Bubba and what I’m pretty sure must be Wookie F1 testers from Bodhi given the 2014 date for finished plants:

The usual suspects | International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

5 Likes

Hey man, thanks so much for sharing all this. I really appreciate it and plan on resharing it to our Facebook G&M Preservation Group we have going on… sure they’d all love to hear this cool info… Carty

2 Likes

CSI has Stirling skunk instock now, only 8 packs left

RIP Matt!

4 Likes