Goji OG Community Preservation Run & Beyond

A little over 3 weeks since my last update. Been busy with work and honestly not too much to report until this week. The plants were DONE. I let them go 76 days. That is almost 7 weeks from pollination. They probably went a bit too long but I’m not too concerned. Plants were fed with water only for the last 2-3 weeks or so.

Here are some individual pics:

Visually, I think N1 and N9 are the standouts as stated previously and N8 for smells for me.

Here are some close ups.

Here we are right at chop. Pics of the tent at different angles and some random shots in the garden.

Here’s some shots with the flash on. Showcasing N9 on the white background.

Plants are currently hanging, seeds are looking ripe (most of them), tent and space have been THOROUGHLY cleaned, soil has been amended with my “Craft” blend reamendment mix and the clones have been prepped for the next run and up potted. Say a prayer for N7 as the clone didn’t make it but I will have her seeds. If you haven’t been following along and didn’t know I use Build A Solis Craft Blend recipe and just mix my own from locally sourced ingredients from Black Swallow Living Soils.

IMG_3065 copy

I will run these plants again and pollinate with the pollen from @G-paS She has a good mixture of pollen from a few males that I think will work nicely for an open pollination for the next run. This time I will try to dial in the environment better and hope for no intersex traits.

I have a second set of clones going to do a Sensi run when this is all said and done! Looking forward to that one.

In the meantime I will report back once I process the finishes plants!

And with that, Happy Friday &
FUCK PUTIN!!!

30 Likes

Looking great! Fuck Putin!

2 Likes

Nice!! love that you use the local supply! Congrats on great run!!
and yeah, FUCK PUTIN!! and all his oligarch buddies!

4 Likes

Beautiful looking flowers man.

FUCK PUTIN

3 Likes

The plants have been shucked and the seeds have been cured! Sat in jars for a few wks then organized into bags. I have no idea how many there are but if I had to guess I say approx 1K per bag… at least.

That kief will most likely be garbage but I couldn’t just throw it away!

The next run will be receiving pollen asap. Definitely noticing a difference already from running the seed plants and now their clones. Just don’t seem as full and vigorous. This is day 26 of flower.

Now if anyone is interested in some seeds from a few of these lots or an assortment please let me know. Keep in mind that I only used 1 male and that 7 out of 9 of them showed intersex traits in and around wk 3 of flower which was most likely due to cold temps in the grow space. I’ll probably be giving them away from time to time but I thought I would see how many are interested and if I can afford to mail a few packs out. I don’t think you would want to breed with these seeds but you never know what you might find. Some S1’s maybe from the pollen sacks, who knows?! Accidents have bred many many legendary strains. At the very least, you could grow these seeds out for some great headstash!

I will comment that zero intersex traits have been found in this new run with the clones so far. The temperatures are much more moderate and all the plants are looking good for the next open pollination with multiple males this time.

Anyway, let me know about the seeds guys and I’ll do my best to accommodate your requests! Don’t be shy. I have plenty of karma to pay back around here.

You should also know that I have the blessing from @The_Lazy_Hippie (the seed doner) to give these away as they will not be added to the Goji Og F2 pool for the next seed box.

Oh ya I forgot to say that Putin is an absolute and utter piece of shit.

35 Likes

Amazing job with organization, detailed notes as well as the end result. Feels like Goji went from a hoarded and endangered strain to having a very promising diverse and vibrant future, thanks to you all & of course @The_Lazy_Hippie. Can’t wait to see the gold people find in these various F2s, the diverse phenos that pop up, as well as any further line work that comes from all this.

6 Likes

Cheers buddy, ya me either. Feel blessed to be a part of this journey for sure.

7 Likes

Sure sucks about the high intersex ratio. I would think the kief should still be worth a try. I hope the second round turns out better for you :crossed_fingers:.

2 Likes

Dude! What a haul! Congratulations. Sheer numbers alone dictate there’s some keepers in those beans

3 Likes

So, your just sending the seeds from the 2 none inter sexed females to me right love? I can’t wait to see what you get on the next go round, No inter sex with the clones right. And lost of male dust?

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Ya I can definitely send you a bunch of seeds from both #5 and #6 (both showed no intersex traits). Send me your details when you get a chance.

You sent me pollen but I can’t remember how many males it was from, was it 4?

5 Likes

The info is in the private thread for all the growers. So they can get them in the mixing bowl.

:green_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

I’d be interested in testing out those goji. See if I can get those intersex traits to show again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That’s a whole bunch of beans you’ve shucked, friend. My arthritis is acting up just thinking about that work.
Excellent job! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Haha just smoke a bowl and put on some tunes, it wasn’t that bad. My obsessive compulsive side was really enjoying it lol

PM me your deets! I’ll get these out to ya.

10 Likes

Great job brother…

2 Likes

It is nice to see the results of this project.

3 Likes

Got those goji beans! Thanks so much @NorthNorthNugs !

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::seedling::green_heart:

6 Likes

Received those Goji OG beans today. Thx for the hookup.:+1:t5: Much love to you kind sir. @NorthNorthNugs

6 Likes

Seed run number 2 is going well over here. Not too much to report in the last few weeks just the plants are looking DANKKKKK and pregnant af.

I had to steak them all bc they were falling over and shit. The clones are a little different than the seed plant as in they’re just a bit more flimsy. I think I have a few deficiencies in my soil in a few of the pots which doesn’t make sense bc it’s all the same re-amended soil. So that would mean that the plants that are showing symptoms are heavy feeders or?? I don’t know, you tell me. I’m not the best at plant diagnostics but I am learning. I’m pretty sure these plants are showing signs of a magnesium/nitrogen deficiency and maybe also calcium.

For some reason I didn’t top dress the plants at flip like I did in the last round. I was nervous about my re-amend and didn’t want to over do it. Well it seems like I may have underdone it a little but I have been feeding in some aminos for nitrogen, water soluble gypsum and a bit of dried coconut powder. Just small amounts once a week just to get them through to the end. I pulled a few seeds from the lowers and they are already looking quite ripe! I will post pics of those another time. The temps have been much more optimal for this run so I think the seed production has sped up a little. Most importantly, I have only found 3 or 4 nanners on the N9 plant which were promptly plucked. I have been keeping a close eye on this tent daily! This was the plant that threw made nanners last round as well, so I will be keeping those seeds aside sadly. She is the one with the excellent structure and smells but I can’t in god faith add her seeds to the pool.

Enjoy the spectacle.

31 Likes

looking good dude! maybe theres something in the air this time of year thats got these plants acting funny. yours look to be showing the same leaf symptoms as my sensi run of the Good Medicine, or at least how they did look early on, its progressed to looking much worse at this point, thats a much more palatable thought than just “nah dude, you fucked it up” :joy: luckily the smells from the tent are still on point and the flowers, though smaller than i’d expect look largely healthy, similar to what you’ve got here. i guess they cant all be centerfold plants can they? :man_shrugging:

6 Likes