Golfnutt’s next adventure, and first grow log

Even though the lights might be new…ish. You really need to go with LED, cooler running and cheaper to use. Especially in a partially insulated garage where temps can get high.

5 Likes

HLG Blackbird 600

1 Like

Once I added this little unit to the room, I can make it pretty darn cold if I want. Also, works as a dehumidifier.

5 Likes

My room sits empty at the moment. But I will fix that tomorrow, although that will leave me with another empty area.

3 Likes

Even more electric!

1 Like

This pic has LEDs lol

This was the addition I was talking about where I noticed the increase in my utilities. Between the stronger light and the AC it added about $100 a month.

2 Likes

dang… (ten characters)

1 Like

And changing over to the LED will drop the bill, lol last longer, run cheaper, & need less AC, or none also.
I have several 600watt HPS/MH switchable dimmer if ya want em lol

1 Like

The light is LED.

2 Likes

That’s the LED in the pic. I mentioned that. I thought you said you had 600watt HPS, my bad

1 Like

My issue is definitely battling the heat from the garage and the light. I do have a 6 inch in-line fan. Maybe an 8 inch would help move more air.

Only thing ya can do in this case is insulate!

1 Like

one of the things i have learned about growing the in the garage (without AC!) is to have some good fans moving air around. the plants are going to transpire pretty hard. they need lots of water and the air movement helps keep it from becoming a humid jungle/mold zone.

some oscillating fans at either end might help your space also.

2 Likes

The walls in this closet are insulated. I know this due to putting a few holes in the wall for the exhaust vents. I’m not a carpenter, but I lined the whole room with 2 inch insulation board right over the drywall.

Had to cut out that little nook area for the AC. But the rest of the walls are covered floor to ceiling.

2 Likes

I’ve been running upper 90s, but a couple of weeks ago I was running over 100° She wasn’t doing so well then, either. I’m very confident heat is at least a factor, but I don’t think it’s the only one.

1 Like

It was LED until I decided she was going to lose her spot. So I moved her out to the greenhouse yesterday. Now her pot is hot and she’s gone downhill fast since then.

1 Like

don’t feel bad… i had the same issue. cut some stuff early.

Jack Herer and Frankie needed more time to finish, but i pulled them early. they were getting crispy despite all my efforts. it got up to 104F. i had to pull many of the plants early. too hot in delicate flower stage.
they can’t respirate as effectively with all the fan leaves crispy.

8 Likes

Good morning @Golfnutt and crew!

4 Likes

Good morning @MoBilly

3 Likes