Golfnutt’s next adventure, and first grow log

so what were the results?

1 Like

Good evening. Been a busy week. My boss is off, and I am the number 2 guy as far as opening the building. So up at three and open the building by four so it’s ready for all the guys when they arrive at 5 AM. so as far as sampling anything today. I totally forgot until I saw your message. Probably be this weekend. Still seems to look fine. I hope things are going well. I’ll try to send a smoke report on Saturday.

5 Likes

Good looking harvest brother.
I bud wash exactly like @JohnnyPotseed said.
Usually only my nasty outside stuff. Indoors gets a pass, unless I have used anything during flower. I figure, in my life, I’ve had worse shit in my lungs than bug poop, etc. I smoked cigs for about 30 years. Who knows what they put in with the tobacco.

3 Likes

Good morning. So what does the baking soda and lemon juice add to this process?

1 Like

Cleans up the buddage nicely. Gets rid of odor and other debris that the Hydrogen Peroxide doesn’t.

look on Google;

Lemon juice is a natural antimicrobial and baking soda is mildly anti-fungal. When combined, they create a chemical reaction that neutralizes the solution and generates non-toxic carbon dioxide gas . This appears as fizz and bubbles that further help deep clean your bud!

3 Likes

Good morning brother @Golfnutt , & all of OG!

3 Likes

Good morning brothers and sisters!

3 Likes

Cap Juncky

Scorpion Candy
Good evening. So two weeks into the cure. I’m finally getting into this to try it out. I am pleasantly surprised. Good way to relax on this Saturday evening. I’m not the best at describing specific tastes and aromas. But I am happy. Definitely not some thing I want to put down.

9 Likes

right on.

glad you decided to try and save it instead of tossing it.

2 Likes

This run was definitely a learning experience. I did chop a couple of beautiful plants early on due to the p.m. Hey Corey Hme and LAPK. Hoss clones. I panicked, due to my inexperience, Almost made me cry as they were beautiful plants. :joy: Not sure I’d still have these without your advice. So again, I thank you. The only other thread, I really inquired on, basically told me throw it away. Now I have a better idea of what to do before during and after if it happens again.
Tomorrow I’m going to move things around and put the Frankie clones on 12s

5 Likes

Sometimes that’s not quite enough. :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

Good evening sir. I just sent you a message. Yeah that one looks a little rough. What happened?

1 Like

what happened there?

2 Likes

That’s what I keep saying. My tent’s been running really hot. Maybe I poisoned it with too much nutes. Maybe roly-polies are eating the roots. I think I’ll dump it tomorrow and take a look. It’s definitely not going to live.

2 Likes

I understand battling the heat. If I don’t run an air conditioner in my flower room, my temperatures flirt with 100°. At least the mid 90s.

2 Likes

heat will do that. they look crispy.
roots get hot too? cooked roots will f^ck up a plant right quick.

i see that crispy kind of stuff out in my garage area grow. it gets up to 115F out there.

It’s not the first time I’ve heard you say this. I battled those same type temperatures in my garage. Although I’ve never seen it quite that high. But this summer hasn’t been too bad. I didn’t think you could grow in those type of temperatures. Yeah that’s why I added an air conditioner to at least keep things in the mid 80s. But I noticed that difference in my utilities.

2 Likes

i didn’t either… but they can/do… it is challenging, but with the right amount of water and the right soil mix, they will live. they will not be happy, but they will live.
some strains are better than others. if they can hang, i’ll grow them. if they wither and die, well, this is spartexas and only the strong survive these temps and vicious sun. weaklings get tossed on the compost pile. i won’t waste time/space/nutrients on weak sh^t. i have more seeds where that came from.

i bet. is your garage insulated? that’ll make a big difference.

2 Likes

Partially insulated. But I use a closet in the back of the garage. Walls are insulated and it has a vent from internal AC. But it doesn’t keep things nearly as cool as the house. Once I got the new 600 W light. My temperatures significantly went up.

2 Likes

I’d run an 8 inch exhaust fan and pump it into the neighbors garage lol

2 Likes