Golfnutt’s next adventure, and first grow log

Thank you sir I appreciate the input. I hope you’re having a great Sunday afternoon.

1 Like

yeah… i lost my balance when frankie was in it’s stretch. its one of the most stretchy plants i have grown to date. most plants will eat a fair amount of N during the stretch. frankie moreso.

it does look a little light green, but it’s not eating itself (yet) trying to get more N. yeah… i’d say give it a little bit more N. johnny always said bring N to the point where you get a little (fan leaf) tip burn then back off. frankie’s happy zone is just this side of toxicity. lol.

2 Likes

I did just give it a little nitrogen. You were aware of the stuff I used. It says 1 to 2 tablespoons per gallon, once a month. I haven’t been using quite that much. I just gave it about half a tablespoon in a gallon and a half of water. This would be the third time within the grow. I have added this ratio. Maybe it needed a little more

1 Like

dude, if anything, i would have to defer to you on growing frankie. yours look far healthier than i got ANY of mine to look… so kudos to you!

2 Likes

this is what JP suggested

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is helpful, cuz I try to juice mine up pretty big with N during veg. Then back off during flower but I still give them N up though about a week and a half to two weeks into flower. Just saying what seems to work for me. I try for about 1/8 inch of tip burn and I figure that’s all she can take.
don’t know if it works for indoor plants or not… But here goes. For my outside plants that start getting a little pale looking, a handful of Osmocote around the base of the plant and water as usual. Couple days later, they green right up.
@Oldjoints will possibly know if this works indoors as well as outdoors. Maybe a smaller amount than "a handful’.

2 Likes

Heres is what is in Osmocote.

I use it outside but have never used it inside.

2 Likes

I could easily get some of that. I guess we’ll wait and see what OJ has to say. I gave it a top dress of Dr. earth flower girl early last week.

1 Like

I use about 1/2 cup of Osmocote per plant. Ideally you don’t want to just toss it on top of the soil OD but you can. The reason I say that is that when watering you can float the Osmocote out of the plants ideal feeding radius.
Ideally you want to put the Osmocote in the top few inches of soil. Remember I plant my OD plants in the ground. If you are leaving them in potters and putting them OD then top dressing is fine.
On indoor plants you have no problem just tossing on top of soil. I have used it on my indoor many times with goid results.

4 Likes

since I recently did a top dress of Dr. earth flower girl should I immediately use this? Or maybe use a little less? Just curious about the both of them together so soon.

I am not familier with that product so can’t give a valued opinion. If it is heavy on nitrogen than I would refrain from using both.
The good thing about Osmocote is that it slowly feeds the plant and will last months doing so.

1 Like

4 Likes

Ok so that is mainly for flower. I would still obstain from using both from looking at the ingredients.

1 Like

So do you think this will help? I’m assuming there are similarities to these products. The osmocote looks much stronger

It will help but I think the Osmocote is a better product. You are still giving it nutrients that will help build buds so that is a good thing.

2 Likes

Nice way to put it. She is addicted to N. lol

2 Likes

Good morning brother GN, and all OG!

2 Likes

Good morning brother GN and all OF!

2 Likes

Good morning my friends!

2 Likes

Morning GN. Hope you have a Big 'Ol Time today.

2 Likes