Gonna document my 4th grow/first photo plant here. Orange Goji x Trumpnutz

I’ll try to post a picture in here anytime I do anything “meaningful” to the plant.

Trumpnutz was getting a little leggy this morning, so I added about 5 tablespoons of earthworm castings mixed with perlite around the stem. I only fill the container part of the way up planning for this.

I sure I read somewhere that people have done this with tomatoes before the stem throws out extra roots. I figure earthworm castings can’t hurt anything. Get a little soil biology going if nothing else.

6 Likes

Good luck with your grow

2 Likes

OK we’ve had a couple minor challenges here but I think we’re on the right track now.

I only have one 2x2 tent and it was being used to dry my whiskey zulu auto that just finished. I was using an LED full spectrum bulb I got from home depot. The auto didn’t need the tent anymore so I put the plant in my tent under XS1500 at around 10%. I noticed a difference in the leaf demeanor right away after I moved it.

Here’s the plant as of 10 minutes ago:

It’s been touch and go the past few days but I’m thinking things are improving.

6 Likes

I am going out of town this week (mon-fri). Plant has taken a turn for the worse. I think I’m going to give up on this one and soak a new seed this coming Saturday.

Stay tuned guys. This one was probably a dude anyway. :grin:

2 Likes

Ok so the good news is the plant didn’t die after being on it’s own for 5 days.

Also it’s started working on it’s second node of leaves.

Bad news is it doesn’t look healthy at all and hasn’t grown much.

I hate throwing in the towel on a plant that’s at least putting up a fight. Not sure if I should just give up and soak another seed or keep on trying to get this one to kick it in gear.

If anybody has an opinion on what I should do I’m all ears. :smiley:

5 Likes

Drop a sprinkle of water around it give the roots something to chase down to the bottom . half a ounce shot glass every 2/3 days .

3 Likes

I would pop another one and pick the best looking one after a week ten days

1 Like

I would put a few more in there for sure.

I dropped the second seed in water/H202 less than 24 hours ago and it was already cracked and could see a root coming out of the seed, so I put it in a cup of soil with a dome.

A little friendly competition should get one of 'em to shine under the limelight. :smiley:

7 Likes

Ok now we’re gearing up for a fight!

6 Likes

Ohhh now you’ll have some tough decisions to make if you can’t keep both!

2 Likes

OK things are proceeding as what looks to be normal here for GO Nutz #2.

I have 2x Sour 60 autos that I’m starting indoors. Plan is to set them outside in the dirt once day time highs here drop below 100. They are 60 day autos, they should be done before it gets cold here.

Go Nutz #1 is about to get yanked out of the dirt. I just don’t think the first one I planted has any oomph to it. It’s been weird since it sprouted. Couple more days to turn it around but then it’s getting yanked.

6 Likes

OK update time Go Nutz #2 is working on it’s second node of real leaves.

I turned my light up to 30% from 20% and everybody in the garden seemed to perk up a little today.

Having fun with this one so far!

Go Nutz #1 got yanked the day I made my last post. Roots were really scrawny I don’t think it was going to amount to much.

8 Likes

Slow and steady wins the race? That’s what I’m going with here. Gonutz #2 got transplanted today.

Rest of the family is growing slowly as well. The autos are going outside tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

Still having fun. Not expecting much at all from the autos at this juncture. I won’t stop trying though. :smiley:

6 Likes

OK so one last family photo opportunity here before the autos get planted outside tomorrow. Weather is gonna be low 90’s/high 80’s here the next 10 days out it’s now or never!

GoNutz seems to like it’s new pot. It’s put on at least a full node in the last 2 days since I transplanted it.

Those yellow tips on the first pair of fan leaves were from a mistake I made with regards to nutes. It’s gotten straight R.O. water for the last week or so and it’s responded well to the change.

Still having fun. Not expecting much from the outdoor autos but the Gonutz plant may begin to amount to something. :smiley:

5 Likes

Looking great! I’m happy to see that you are calling thme Go Nuts

2 Likes

Going out of town until Friday. I think GoNutz should be just fine while i’m gone.

6 Likes

Today’s update:

I was considering doing something to get more light to the lower nodes but decided to wait a bit longer.

Everthing seems healthy to me. Two outdoor autos were guys so I pulled em.

6 Likes

Looks good bud!

1 Like

Weekly update:

We had a good week in the Gonutz tent. I topped the plant a couple days ago. As the fan leaves on the top node are growing out I think I may have accidently nipped part of them with my clippers when I was topping. Oh well that looks like extra character points to me. :smiley:

I had been giving just R.O. water for the past 3 weeks or so. I’ve been watering ever 3 days. This morning’s watering I added some half strength Texas Tomato food liquid fertilizer at 400ppm’s and the plant perked up a LOT in the last couple hours since the feeding. Probably something in there made it happy…

5 Likes