Gonna document my 4th grow/first photo plant here. Orange Goji x Trumpnutz

Got home from a camping trip about 2pm. Plant was drooping. Looked hungry and thirsty. I gave it half strength Texas tomato at 400PPM’s and it perked right up in under 2 hours. Figuring it was a chance to catch the best part of a growth spurt, I bent the main stem over pretty aggressively.

Plant hasn’t seemed to mind being manhandled yet.

7 Likes

That plant looks healthy-

3 Likes

5 days ago I bent the plant over. Seems to be reacting to the training well.

I wish the plant was showing male/female but I haven’t seen anything definitive yet.

Still having fun! Cheers.

7 Likes

I did some more training this morning. Tied down several branches.

When I was playing with some of the branches, the plant was puffing off some really nice smells. :smiley:

5 Likes

Went to Vegas on Monday. Got home today and the plant didn’t seem to miss me at all.

I watered the plant with 40% strength Texas Tomato fertilizer (around 300 PPM’s) when I got home around 1pm. Looks like the plant has perked up a bit since I watered, so it must have liked something there.

Plant turns exactly 2 months old today. Slow and steady! :smiley:

4 Likes

So I gave the plant a tea Monday with homemade compost & alfalfa meal. Plant seems to have responded well to that. Last couple days we’ve thrown out quite a bit of new growth.

It’s starting to get to the point where I really, really hope it’s not a male. :smiley:

5 Likes

Plants looking good brother! Keep it rocking. Hoping it’s a female too!

3 Likes

Looking sweet man, fingers crossed for the female that ticks all your boxes. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Sorry for two updates in one day, but I had to show before and after training pictures for comparison.

LST/tying/selective pruning are 100% my favorite part of growing weed. It’s even better than the harvest.

Just something really therapeutic for me to tie branches down and watch how the plant reacts.

4 Likes

Things seem to have been going smoothly in the Gonutz tent the past few days:

I was doing some light defoliating the other day. Tried to cut off a large fan leaf that was blocking lower bud sites, but my fiskers had other ideas and cut off one of the branches. OOPS!

Other than that, the plant seems happy.

2 Likes

Man, I keep a roll of scotch tape handy for when this happens-

You can usually save the branch, by carefully taping it back into place…

1 Like

Where did you get your case and vials?

1 Like

Aliexpress.com, but Amazon might have them now. Lab vials with gaskets.

Thank you very much

Nothing out of the ordinary going on here. Just vegging and try to train to encourage tops!

Plant looks healthy to me! :+1:

3 Likes

I apologize if I missed this, but what size pot are you planted in?

7 gallon pot

1 Like

Awesome! She’s gonna get big

1 Like

OK I’m doing everything I can to encourage the plant to fill the rest of the pot. It keeps wanting to jungle up the back part of the pot.

I did a light defoliation today. Took maybe 8 fan leaves that were blocking bud sites. Also topped the strongest stem from the main cola. It is around the area of that giant fan leaf in the back/left of the pot.

I thought I saw more stuff that looked like female preflower parts today. Staying hopeful that we’re growing a girl plant here. :smiley:

5 Likes

Looks good brother-

But I got 2 cents to drop, if you don’t mind…

:slight_smile:
I always transplant photos, and usually like to keep photo regs in small pots until I know the sex.

It’s just easier, and more conservative to grow little plants in little pots-

In fact, even when I’m vegging clones, I like to make them a little bit root bound, before I up pot from 3 gallon pots.

They really take off then, when I finally transplant up to 7 gallon pots with hot soil…

I know some people have good luck planting into big pots, but you really need to have excellent living soil cultivated before that method can give you excellent results :+1:

1 Like