Good problem to have...winter grow in Maine

In the pic above that shows the plants under the grow light…I reused some really big pots I had my seed queens growing in out on the deck. Queen’s were done, so I pulled them out and the pots were just sitting there, so decided they’d be perfect to help support the winter grow.
Moved them downstairs, and stuck some plants in them. So now, couple of weeks later, I go to water, and some of the seeds from one of the queens dropped into the soil, I missed it, and they germinated.
I have 4 healthy seedlings of Widow Maker Auto Fem that will be joining the grow :wink:

Who’s luckier? :slight_smile:
Lob

1 Like

Quick update. Just sprayed 7 of these with STS. Amnesia Haze Auto, Everyday Haze Auto and Widow Maker Auto.

The three smaller plants you see out front were “volunteers” that self-sprouted in the pot that my Widow Maker reversal was in, so scooped them out an up potted while I was working on the other plants.
I’ll keep those as a normal grow, and use some Widow Maker pollen on them.

If all of this works out, I should have a fair amount of feminized seeds around Xmas time.

Lob

4 Likes

They just got their second shot of STS…I’m leaving on Tues for 3wks, hope my “caretaker” BIL stays on top of watering while I’m gone…

Lob

4 Likes

Everything is separated and rearranged as best can be for now :slight_smile:
I hope the two shots of STS are enough, won’t get any special attention other than feed/water until I get back on the 21st., and I expect some/all will be in flower by then.

Lob

2 Likes

Back in the US, starting to get things sorted and moving forward on the winter breeding effort.
Here’s an Amnesia Haze Auto that I plan on crossing with some of my Widow Maker Auto…to create Lob’s Forgetful Widow.

She and her sisters are going to the upstairs grow room under grow lights. She’s been under cheap LED 4’ strips while I’ve been gone…time to giver some full spectrum and get some buds to dust :slight_smile:

Lob

2 Likes

Total of 3 going upstairs, 2 of the Amnesia Haze, and the tall one further back is a reversed Widow Maker.

I started 2 Every Day Haze seeds…both are males, and since I*'m trying to get out of the “male” business, they’ll get chopped.

Lob

1 Like

Ok. I need a hand figuring this out.
2 of the plants I started are Every Day Haze. I thought they were photos, however, since they are both in flower, it’s clear that they must be Autos.
I also believed they were females, and that ALL of the seeds I started were Females.
If they are females, then it was one extremely successful reversal. Take a look at the pics and see if you can tell if this is a reversed FEM, or is it a MALE?

I’ve only done one reversal this past summer, which was successful, but I didn’t start spraying until the 2 plants were just starting to flower. I started spraying these much earlier, almost 6wks ago. On Nov 1st, there was no sign of flower at all.

Scratching my head…

2 Likes

Iam seeing what looks like pistils in the first pic, so it has some female to it. Hell of a reversal!

1 Like

UPDATE************
Ok…I’m writing this experiement off… I checked everything closely yesterday, and the reversals I was relying on to create me new strains have totally failed. I felt pretty good about the STS reversal process based on my success this summer…clearly I need to go back to school.

This shows the total amount of “bud” on one of the reversed Widow Makers.

4 pollen sacks…that’s it. And no other buds on the plant. I sprayed this plant 3 times, 5-7 days apart.
Not sure what happened, BUT…thinking maybe my STS solution is too old…it’s about 7-8mos old at this point. Still seems like it would have been more effective than this.

Time to pop more beans and start over.

Lob

3 Likes

If they weren’t autos you could reveg and try to flip again.

hello @Lobstah. hope you had good results with your winter projects just wanted to let you know that your widow maker seeds popped just fine. got them going for this year’s outdoor grow

the tomato seed you sent me also did very well i think every one of theml popped. the wife is a tomato lover and got all excited when she asked “what kind of pot plants are those?” those are Mr Lobstah’s heirloom tomato plants i told her.

so if you cold please share with me what to expect the widow maker smoke / buzz is like.
but more importantly share what these tomatoes are and what to expect from them. got to keep mama happy too. thanks again respectfully mainerJ.

3 Likes

Hey…glad you had some success popping! As for the buzz…I don’t smoke, but my neighbor, old-time Mainer, described it as “significant”. And said I should grow more.

As for the tomatoes, look up Mr. Stripey. Big red/orange/yellow fruit, BIG flavor. My largest was 1lb 14.5oz. Was really trying for a 2lber, didn’t quite make it, but you should get some massive fruit from it. I hit them pretty hard with Nitrogen for a couple of weeks after I hardened them off and put them in the ground, might have been too much. They went 8ft tall, and I topped them twice. Probably took 20-30 fruits per plant. It was crazy.

3 Likes