Gordon's Guerilla 2018

Looks like a great thread just stumbled upon it will re read in depth later thanks!

2 Likes

Nepal x Deimos

It didnt die, I misplaced it.

The White Widow was pulled, found laying on the ground, my guess by a pidgeon

10 Likes

Never surrender brother gecko!

btw they look well lush in that compost :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Holy cow, they look so happy in the natural sun. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

Hash Plants
Have been fed and watered whuch they needed last visit and now are deficient. bucket was so dry no chance any nutrients can be taken.

This was given high stress “snap” training to give little one some light

Nepal x Deimos
These are now overfed, stem rub is sandalwood incense and mint
Square stems on all :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Why ya dont put the plants growin inna pots directly inna the ground?

3 Likes

The ground was like a swamp. it has now dried out a bit.
I was trying “swamp buckets” as an experiment.
If it doesn’t work next year I’ll just put in ground.
I think the roots are already through the pot into the ground as they are not drying out.
The compost was homemade and didn’t last as long as I thought it would.
I should have fed last visit. So they look unhappy.
These are Hash plants from Morocco, I don’t think they want to be drowned.

1 Like

Sugar Black Rose - something is wrong here, it keeps falling over
im suspecting a root pest of some kind. Its got plenty of feed so it should be greener. Its is in dappled shade for part of the day.

Mikado Watered (1 gallon) and mulched to help during the dry period we are in. Hopefully that will let them access the food I know is in the ground. Lost 2 plants, broken above ground level. pigeon feather found nearby…may have happened quite soon after last visit as they were still small.

Rasberry Girl

Boy

Limey Girl

Grapefruit Girl

Was a nice day today
Foxglove

Thistle

The pink flower is rosebay williow herb (or fireweed in America)

Dogrose

7 Likes

You have to be really careful of bud rot and mold growing next to a creek or water. The dew point will be different and there will be a lot of humidity. Usually creeks and rivers are in the bottom of a natural valley or low spot. You will want to try to be out of this low area or valley because that is where the humidity is concentrated.

3 Likes

Doing well @gordongecko and decent weather for a change helps eh…
:popcorn:Following your adventures and hoping you get a decent return mate…
Good luck and happy growing,
Gaz

1 Like

Nice to see you. :slight_smile:

I’ve used this last shot as my new desktop picture…can almost smell England.

:evergreen_tree:

edit:
googling, trying to find the site in the uk52n, i fumbled into a birmingham suburb & am sorry to say it’s ugly. :blue_car: i had to confirm from street-view what i was alarmed at from the sky… “…gasp]…america?!”

@Gaz29 Cheers for dropping in mate. the weather has been amazing this year.
Been warm for 2 months solid. probably best year since 07 I reckon.
Hope your doing well and your getting the returns you want too.

@cannabissequoia Well thats a nice compliment, only used a cheap point and shoot camera. glad you like it. The buzzard flew right over me tried to get a picture but was to slow…

3 Likes

Nepal x Deimos
Growing nicely, got some predation on the lower branches so it got taller

7 Likes

Nepal
quick update, seems like pre-flower stretch? they are supposed to finish by end of august so that might be? I will be so happy if so.

11 Likes

happy to see you man. :slight_smile: (and the garden) .

i just had the thought… have you ever considered planting some other species at a guerrila site in advance for boosting your privacy? e.g. some vines? i have no idea if it’s viable for you or the places, just an idear.

also, can you/have you modified/trained surrounding vegetation?

when i did my guerilla jungle farm, clearing overgrowth (heh) was a constant task, and tree pruning annual or even semiannual (trees liked my 10-58-35 or whatever it was :wink: ). i always had sunday mornings when the “others” were at their church and i was at mine. :seedling: :thumbsup:

:peace:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

@cannabissequoia Thanks for dropping by again.
The plots are all pretty well hidden, they are mostly off the beaten track and this one is in
the middle of buckthorn bushes, I get scratched to shit every time I visit. I did have to cut some young trees down to let light in.
I think anything I plant wont grow as quick or well as the local growth, not much grows in a lot of this land so the weeds that do well, do really well. I do miss the tropics but all that weeding is not my cup of tea.
The jungle farm does sound like fun though.

4 Likes

Nepal X Deimos overfed / N toxicity

Mikado Underfed/ fan leaves cannibalised

UK Land Race Project they have not been fed, I haven’t even visited since May 30 (post 59)

2 of the Landrace girls have started flowering really early, I reckon they are “Danish pot” - They are either super light sensitive or auto
probably only a few grams between them.

7 Likes

Were due a 36C degree day this week (96F) and then the torrential rain will come. (hottest July on record is 36.6C )
It cant come soon enough for me. We have had 50 plus days with no rain and it is really taking its toll, us Brits are not used to desert weather.
An Indian neighbour who normally loves the heat even said it was too hot the other day!
Nothing is growing how it should be and carting water round in this heat is too much after a week at work.
The plants cant access the feed without the water but luckily they all seem to have there taproots in the water table so haven’t died, I hope a good rain will feed them and it’ll be off to the races.
Ill try to get to the hash plants this week.

3 Likes

Hash Plants Managed to get to this plot over the weekend, not visited in over a month. They are still showing deficiencies but also all have grown at least a foot and new growth is green, so the old has helped form the new.
Added some feed and it has rained the last week so all should be on course for a somewhat decent seeded harvest now

Group shot and cover

medium pair

Big/Little pair

5 Likes

Nepal were nearly dead, got there with a few Litres water just in time

Gonna have to trim em

5 Likes