Gordon's Guerilla 2018

It’s hard in the North, isn’t in.

4 Likes

It’s killer. The majority of my outdoor plants are White Widow and have only just started flowering these last 2 weeks. At this rate it will be late October before they’ll be anywhere close to finishing.

1 Like

memorized this a couple of years ago :wink: hehe

:thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Hey I have a idea that may not be too practical but it could help you since your so far north. I myself haven’t done this method yet since I haven’t had enough seeds to make it work properly.

So the basic idea here is you veg a plant indoors about 3 to 4 weeks before the summer solstice when the light outdoors starts to decrease naturally. the worst part of this is transporting the plants… because you have to initiate flower a couple weeks before transplanting them. Wait two or three weeks into flower and they will mature in October if a November plant or September if its a October finisher. The way you balance out the low yield would be with more numbers. If utilized properly you should be able to finish anything if you timed it right. Plants only flower because they see nights increasingin length. So if you have a plant with real flowers started as the nights get longer the plant will just continue to flower even if your normal photoperiod plants haven’t quite started yet. It’s a crazy idea but I’ve seen examples of it in action and it’s legit. But all about the timing. Hope this helps

6 Likes

Ive seen this done its a bit of a pita
I think im just gonna try and localise some strains that show potential here
after 3 seasons they should be significantly better, or so ive read

3 Likes

eh…what about trying the autoflowers? :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m mostly interested in the method for sativa dominant varieties. I’m at 42 n and we don’t always get October, yet some years it’s fine till November. I’m also gonna be trying some autos next year hopefully.

3 Likes

Ive tried autos, maybe a few years ago, they just cant withstand the guerilla hardiness test
they get a knock back and it just ruins the whole season.
I need hard as fuck plants, like British bulldogs :gb: :dog:
bad example they are so inbred/ill they may never be returned to former glory

I dont pick the environment to suit the plant, the plant HAS to suit the environment, that means adapting local varieties.

The nepal x deimos is a fast version of nepal landrace and that seems to be doing really well but its in neat compost, will try it in the ground next year.
This may be the way I go, Auto crosses of proven strains/fast versions

2 Likes

:gb: :laughing: ouch.

you said it. :disappointed_relieved:
here’s some more “athletic” authentic stuff. :muscle:

:evergreen_tree: pitbull junkie

3 Likes

I can see how autos would be bad for a guerilla grow.

4 Likes

do they vary a lot more than photos, seed to seed?

could that be overcome by planting 3-4x more? :blush:

2 Likes

The issue is if they get stressed in any way, yield suffers. So bugs, drought, etc and easily ruin a guerilla grow where you are not there daily.

2 Likes

Sorry about pics my camera battery died so on phone cam

Mikado group
Stretching but no definite sex yet, I have added my best guesses
EDITED TO INCLUDE NAMES GIVEN LATER

Clockwise from front left
Girl Grapefruit

Girl Limey

Boy

Girl Raspberry Chem

8 Likes

Nepal x Deimos Shes a tall girl, No hermies after water stress
Very earliest male was culled to retain potency
They’re a month ahead of all my other plants so the auto gene is doing its job

Biggest male

His bud

Little Boy

Little Boy Bud

Female Flower Progress

6 Likes

WOW. If there’s any gardens down-wind they might get some interesting surprises. :smile: :bouquet:

:thumbsup:

6 Likes

Hopefully we get some seeds eh

1 Like

Random pic of seeds for Landrace plot next season

New background image

5 Likes

are the striped seeds from the same plant as the plain? would you consider separating them for curiosity?

1 Like

This is 6 or 7 different strains mixed up, just thought it looked cool

2 Likes

:tiger: striped seeds and such are nice to look at but i don’t actually care if a seed isn’t perfectly striped etc., just that it’s viable and strong… iv had big white seeds and as long as they’re mature they’re good enough for me…
Happy growing/smoking,

Nice seeds @gordongecko and good luck with your outdoors gear bud…

Gaz

3 Likes