Gordon's Guerilla 2018

I call it the Darwin method :blush:

4 Likes

I’ve lost a lot to the Darwin method :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We had a low around 0C (32F) last night, so I went and took 2 tops from the Nepal x Deimos
We have seeds but they are still green, at least another 10 days if I had to guess, what do you guys think?

Due some decent weather the next week or so :sunny: :white_sun_small_cloud:
Not sure how all the other seed projects will fare this late

5 Likes

You’d be surprised how resistant some plants are to frosty weather. I had a couple go to nov1st last year to see how they’d fare. They turned a sick purple color and wound up swelling up a decent amount. I had taken the rest about two weeks earlier and if it wasn’t for a shitty wind storm that knocked down a tree into the plants I’d have had a nice harvest. Lesson learned tho haha

3 Likes

Nice to know they still swelled up, thats the part I seem to struggle with
Have had plants out till late Nov. but never swell musch that late for me, assumed it was cold related.
Do you feed heavily all the way to the end or is there some other trick Im missing?

1 Like

I think the amount of swelling near harvest is strain dependent. And I try to avoid using fertilizers as much as possible mostly to avoid animals. I use organic fertilizers so I pre amend heavy and let any animals that wanna check it out do there thing before planting and top dress probably twice through veg. I was going to get flower ferts but I didn’t have that many plants left to justify the expense at that moment. All my most promising plants were male, I had 12 total and 6 were female and only 4 made it up until now. Most of my plants don’t really go yellow until they are ready to harvest so I haven’t used any in the last few years. I probably will use some next year because I will have a much different approach. I wanted to get a feel for the soil in my spots.

2 Likes

If you’re trying to get the ripest seeds possible, I would leave them to go as late as possible. Even if the plant gets killed, the seeds should be fine. And yes, with cold temperatures and slower growth, those seeds look like they would be 7-10 days from being perfectly ripe in my opinion.
Some plants have pushed right to the end for me and others have simply stopped growing altogether, so I agree with @_randomguyinthewoods that the genetics are really important in that regard + the colours you get really late can be incredible. I don’t think you can lose by leaving them if your priority is for seeds and learning how those genetics finish off in that location for you. Here’s an old photo of an A11 by Spice Brothers from October 21st at over 50.5N - wish I still had the seeds…

6 Likes

you may think your weather is shitty. imagine you are in the mountains of afghanistan. :smile: :gb: is green. i wouldn’t worry about the seed-crop.

:evergreen_tree: :wink:

3 Likes

Mikado
I left them “cuddling” last visit.

Seems they have been doing more than smooching…

I tried smoking the male, was a really nice high, got the giggles from weed for the first time in forever, zonked out watching a guy making shelves :eyes:

Hash Plants Twins

Him

Her

Big boy

Tiny

Tiny bud

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nepal x Deimos Selection Project

The joy of guerrilla gardening. I lost two pollinated branches on a hefty female about two weeks before seed was ready… About 60 or more seeds gone. I wound up with 40 from one variety and 9 from the other. This year i had like 60% males and outta my 8 females only 4 decent ones made it to the end with seed. I’m glad i got the 49 total but it’s not as much as id hoped. After i send out my promised seeds to peeps on here I’ll have like half left lol. But next year I’ll just have to plant twice as much. :joy:

3 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Nepal x Deimos Selection Project

Pulled the Mikado at 5 weeks of flower, gutted to lose nearly the whole crop to grey mould
they didnt start to flower until early September and 4 weeks into flowering they appeared to stop growing due to cold and mould, will dry check for seeds and maybe make some water extract but that is highly unlikely as its likely covered in spores, not looking great on the seed front either unfortunately.

2 Likes

That sucks. Sorry to hear.

I wonder if an alcohol based extraction for tincture might work? Have you tried cannabis tincture? I have once & it was very different…hit me hard & fast & then was gone. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Also got to the hash plants the other day, as expected they had all rotted but were surprisingly dry, no seeds to be found not sure the males even opened.
still smelled nice, dry hash and dry mould smell :joy: dont breathe this

2 Likes