Gorilla Glue 4 Recombinant Inbred Line

Quite possibly the most reasonable thing I’ve heard on a forum!

14 Likes

Feeding real simple. 5ml each fox farm grow and bloom and 2.5 ml flora micro in veg. 10 ml bloom 5 ml grow in flower, cut the grow on the 2nd to last feed.

8.5 ph 0 ec ro water. Drops my ph anywhere from 6.3 to 5.5. I’m growing in happy frog with a couple big handfuls of gypsum added and they prefer a lower ph in this. closer to 7 ph I see lockouts.
Gotta remember potting soil isnt field dirt on the ph ha.

How ridiculous is the foxfarm soil chart tho ha.

19 Likes

How involved were you in the collab with antenna seeds? Was he just using genetics from you or did you have a hand in the breeding process? If you dont mind me asking. Been following you on zlabs for quite some time now. Glad to see you at overgrow.

6 Likes

Gave him genetics and things to look for. Wasnt involved in selection. Great chance to see how GB reacted in wide sativa crosses.
Those lines are amazing tbh and people slept on em!
My seed co is based around one giant breeding program so in essence I got to see a huge amount of outcrosses in addition to the 20 or so I’ve done testing the main gb line but he was the sole breeder on those.
I have some of those crosses that interest me for future stuff.

18 Likes

I noticed there was still some of the antenna colabs left on glg. Im probably gonna grab the gorillas in the mist. Which of your available seeds would you recommend to someone growing your selections for the first. The one that represents you the best.

5 Likes

Understand your pretty much an expert on GG4. Running it for the very first time( JW CUT) right now, 38 days in to the flip. I have smoked her before, or what was said to be her.

Not too impressed just yet. Very good Goo, growing well, but nothing special. Wanted her to use as a cross, trying to up the terp levels some, and from what I have seen now, her growth habits.

Thought I was told she goes about 60 days, from the looks of mine (in 6 gallon soil, with 6 gallon rez under it, wicking, bottom feeding) I would say longer, gonna take her to 70.

My question is this…does she seem to pass on her “power” in X’s? Anything I need to be aware of, any tips you might give me???

I have crossed her with Orange Goji ( Goji X Orange Sunshine by 50state here ) a terp Monster with quite the stink, and super power of her own. Have 3 smaller cuts of her seeded, the big lady is not seeded and running right now next to 3 other plants under a DE Gavita HPS

Anything you might want to share would be cool!!!

13 Likes

GREAT question Answerholio!!! Looking forward to his answer too!!

11 Likes

These measurements are per gal, correct?

5 Likes

I’d get an orange grapefruit rabbit hole. It’s my fav atm. I kept the mom. It tastes like grapefruit on top of glue and it’s a lip smacker!

15 Likes

Thanks tony! Was checking that out on glg yesterday. Nice growth structure too!

5 Likes

Yep! Per gallon. I check runoff once per week to see if I need to flush but if you dont feed 3x dosage needed like they say you dont have to flush every other watering and waste nutes. I only end up flushing only every other week or so if that and just gently.

12 Likes

Solid plan. Thanks for the quick response.

5 Likes

They are a very nice terpy plant with sharp orange grapefruit zesty notes loudly announced. The flower formation and resin production are fine examples of what GB outcrosses are all about.
I suggest you top all of my lines. Strong shooting response has been selected for in every plant. Branching and shooting explode once they get cut.

15 Likes

Thanks for the tip!!

2 Likes

I know a guy that chopped his glue and tossed it at 5 weeks because in his words it had quarter sized buds doing nothing lol. A lot of people see that and feed to high trying to push her and stunt flower formation further. Many will find she responds more to less. I usually feed 1.2 ec all the way through…
She prefers high levels of calcium in veg to be her best.
Many will see purple stems on their shared clones. I suggest vegging and feeding a flowering diet higher in p and k in veg. That and push calcium. You’ll see green pithy newer shooting branches on top. Clone those tops and continue feeding the extra p and k and calcium while you veg. If you are seeing large purpling in the stem and her famed leaf crinkle it means she can be optimized with the above suggestions. She is a calcium hog but doesnt prefer high ec.

She builds flower slower and bulks up hard later. If you chop at 8 you miss the final swell, new growers might think shes doing nothing at 4 5 then think shes done at 8. A lot happens 7-9 weeks imho. Most of us pull her 63-70 after final late swell.

As far as using gg4 to breed you’ll get good potency and resin production generally. Structure can vary alot since gg4 is mostly heterozygous but quality plants for sure. You wouldnt be wasting time to use her.

31 Likes

Clean up Tony’s thread

12 Likes

Complete random speculation, and I haven’t seen it in years but it reminds me of a dud. Does anyone else remember that was popping up years ago?
I’m not saying that’s it for sure but might want to look that up. Normally gg4 should be further along I think under standard lights. If you post those in one of the original glue threads I’m sure many would chime in.
Something seems off though. Scoped for bugs? Other plants doing fine leads me to think of the duds. So we have a mystery! A normal glue would be much larger for sure unless grown under cfl maybe.

13 Likes

I’m asking around for ya.

4 Likes

Clean up Tonys thread

5 Likes

Cleanup Tonys thread

6 Likes