Gpaw’s Grow #6, NL Autos

I spent 40 years of reprogramming my behavour patterns and living down local reputation… So… Backslide Now!!... :face_with_monocle:

Hold my Beer!!

Cheers
G

7 Likes
June 7

The helmets are coming off.

June 8

Family shot!
1st & 2nd leaves showing a little of the ol’ leaf twist

June 9 

The 2nd leaves are finally popping on the micro-clover, they looked a little ‘goofy’ with those singles…

NL 1

NL 2

NL 3 Getting a little ‘floppy’ so time for the ‘crutch’

June 11

Fungus Gnats are back! I’m blaming my wife’s plants downstairs for this… :japanese_ogre:

NL 1

NL 2

NL 3

June 13

(second week of veg.)

Family shot

re-dosed with Mosquito Dunk dissolved in the water…

June 15

We have significant stem thickening starting:
micro-clover is doing well too.

NL 1

NL 2

NL 3

June 17

First feeding 1/4 strength of Wegener’s 8-6-6. (adding fuel to the fire…)
Bonus!! The micro-clover tells you when it is thirsty!!

NL 1

NL 2

NL 3

I started a growth table in my notes just to track this ‘pedal to the metal’ acceleration… 'cause… Science! :nerd_face:

Yes, you are correct, you get faster growth in hydro… :kissing_heart:

22 Likes

They are looking good.

3 Likes

Hey, that was fast, did you push the fast forward button? frech|nullxnull They’re looking great so far, seems that you’ve got them dialled in … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Not Fk’n up yet!! :joy: :rofl:
let me get organized…

Actually there has been some “learn’n”, I haven’t grown this time of year, so it’s been an educational experience getting the in-house AC sorted out (with a small modification to house). Other than one complaint about whistling in an air vent - OK!
TL:DR

My lung room is getting priority… :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

What size pots are those? 3-gallon?

2 Likes

Hi ReikoX,
They are 5 Gallon pots, but I’m sure they could be done in 3’s.
Especially seeing what everyone did in solo cups :joy: :laughing: :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

That’s what happens to me with Mr Sparkle’s posts (no tagging icon8|nullxnull :sweat_smile:), too rich and technic for my poor English and growing skills …

I think the only difference between 3 and 5 gallons pots (for indoor growing) is the watering frequency, specially after reading the solo cups contest, I only use 3 gal from now … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Honestly I just finished in 3 gal and had plenty of room left. Already have 2 gal bags on the way :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

I was looking at the plants tonight thinking about that… :thinking:
The soil I’m running would be fine in a 3Gal. I could be running a milder soil in the 5Gal. for these plants.
I had some Jack Herers that were big eaters. Sucked everything out of 7 Gal of soil. I’m learning to match the type of plant to the soil mix and pot size.
So basically, 2 soil mixes and two pot sizes (maybe three).
It was a bit of a ‘rodeo’ getting the temperature under control in the lung room as I haven’t grown this time of year

Cheers
G

7 Likes

You are correct.
I started with 7Gal.pots and moved on to the 5s and now I see 3s will work fine. I’m saving the 7s for long flowering sativas. At least I won’t be burning through dirt so fast! :rofl: :laughing:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Organics is truly awesome! Supposed to be healthier too. Keep posting about these helpful bacterias…

5 Likes

@Gpaw…I save and re use my soil for seedling.

2 Likes

I saved my last grow and was surprised by the volume. My wife has previously been making off with my spent soil for her projects… :rofl:
I’m going to test and amend from now on. I love the no-till grows here. Some folks really have it dialed in!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Off topic! I’m sorry :pray:t3: In my head, Destro is talking to Max Headroom and it’s psychedelic.

4 Likes

That’s what that avatar was!!

Thanks, that was bugging me. I couldn’t place it.

Cheers
G

4 Likes
June 18

It looks like the plants are ready to launch.

Micro clover is looking frisky

NL 1

NL 2

NL 3

June 19

The girls are working hard to produce node 5

This is what thirsty clover looks like

June 20

I haven’t grown this time of year so I’ve been reacting to temperature shifts etc. So after a little surgery to the back wall of the closet to add an air return. I managed to get the lung room under nominal control. Well, that and re-balancing all of the air vents.

June 20

Happy Summer Solstice!
(yeah,early this year)

Spotted a preflower on NL 1, node 6
playing around with blurple photos

June 21

That micro clover isn’t so micro anymore

NL 1

NL 2

NL 3

And the family shot!

18 Likes

Looking good so far. Sending positive vibes your way. This one is looking about ready after about 13 weeks. :grin:

17 Likes

Thanx ReikoX. That ol’ girl is looking great.

I was surprised to see fem pre-flowers popping out up the stems as they were hitting node 6~7. As if they couldn’t get into flower fast enough. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised, RQS said flowering 5 to 7 weeks and harvest as 9 to 10 weeks after sprouting so 3 weeks of veg is reasonable (just seems rather quick).

I learned something cool in regards to RQS packaging. There is a hidden date-code!

check out the “13/18” printed in the pressure sensitive adhesive.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Hi @Old-Ron, thanks for checking it out!

be sure to check out @ReikoX s Northern Lights grow too. He’s just about finishing and had a couple different strains going too.

Northern Lights Auto "Stay at Home" Grow

Cheers
G

3 Likes