Gpaw's New grow (#5),CBD photoperiod (CLOSED)

I let it dry then feed it to the worms.

4 Likes

Some sweet sugar mamaā€™s you raised there Gpaw!

First time Iā€™m growing CBD here (Tatanka), they took a beating, first they revegged and then I had to strip them naked because of mold, but I think they liked it, first sugar is showing up just a couple of days after I manhandled them. I am looking forward to see how they stack up.

Keep on keeping on! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always heard, and saw, nothing but hermies from hermmiesā€¦ now if you find seeds on another plant close by, those will be feminized seeds :grinning: :sunglasses:

1 Like

The S1/F1 seeds I grew out showed no herms and they were stressed! I have beans enough to keep us going for a while but they are all feminized.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Reckon the old saying is true, thereā€™s exceptions to every ruleā€¦ Donā€™t know, possible pollination from another male pod on different plant you missed?

2 Likes

Luckily I only had 3 of the CBDā€™s going at the time, so no cross contamination.
Also, it was Rodelization, not nanners mixed in with the buds. One plant popped a couple male pre-flowers halfway through flower. Once I thought about it and realized I could reasonably manage that, I warmed up to the idea of using the seed. So far so good. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Rodelization is the only way to go lol But I still donā€™t use any seeds I might find on the plant I stressed :grinning:

4 Likes

Under normal circumstances I completely agree, bird seed.

I convinced myself this was an exception to the rule and so far, ok fine.
The few F1s Iā€™ve grown were clean but I treat each one like a potential IEDā€¦
As a precaution, I zapped each pre-flower as they developed and inspected every bud multiple times.
The plants are great producers, the CBD tincture produced is amazing. Being fem seeds I donā€™t have to grow 2x seeds, bonus. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Update:
I just finished harvesting 2 of the F1s and found 3 more pre-flowers (all female) tucked up under the base of the budsā€¦
That tells me I potentially ducked a bullet. :dizzy_face:

From now on, these will be grown by themselves.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Do youā€™re nowhere I can find some detailed info that describes Rodelization, nanners, hermaphrodites, males (i think i got this one)
I think Iā€™ve seen some of them but now I donā€™t know the differences I thought nanners came from Rodelization I not came from being too long in flower and itā€™s the plants last ditch effort to survive. Can a plant be a hermaphrodite from birth? Or is it stressed into it :thinking: :exploding_head: ā€¦ ā€œBadā€ Hybrid Bad! :rofl:

Edit: sorry i found this On OG Of course

4 Likes

Clarke seems indicate that there are a couple ways the plant can express monoecious phenotypes and the underlying genotype (intersex) might be more complex too.

My understanding is: True male and true females canā€™t herm no matter how you stress them.
Intersex males and females might herm (with or without stress). It is usually females growing nanners but sometimes the males grow pistils.
Rodelization seems to be a little different in as much as the source of the female pollen is a pre-flower and there are no nanners.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Thatā€™s news to me thank you :pray:
A few things are starting to make more sense now hahaha
:dash::dash::v::egg::canada:

3 Likes

Sir, youā€™re doing a lot of projecting today.

1 Like

Now Iā€™m pissedā€¦

I saw this thread active again and got super pumped that Gpaw was going to do a real nice CBD.

Not mad just disappointed

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ maybe I ought to close this threadā€¦ Though I have been given orders to grow some more this yearā€¦ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I know whoā€™s the boss in your case ejem|nullxnull Jessica|nullxnull, cheers mate ā€¦beer3|nullxnull

1 Like