Gramps Out Door Garden

I worked another 6 hours i have about 90 percent of the first plant trimmed and hung . I will just keep at it now rain next week maybe. I have found over twenty green caterpillars but no damage to the bud some of the leaf is just the hard dry veins . Maybe their too stoned to move much I keep finding then on the very top just curled up until I cut and shake then they just drop on the ground .

15 Likes

Our real early freeze must have saved us from the moths this year, that and the drought. I havenā€™t had the first one so far this year. Iā€™m taking things down every day from here on out, so Iā€™ll know for sure real soon. I have seen a few aphids on the potted plants I trimmed today but theyā€™re just coming back. The Ladybugs have been ferocious this year but they are tapering off. Thatā€™s when the aphids will catch you off guard. I still have a small army on my two large plants but time is short.

Looking great @gramps. Itā€™s been a weird year this year for everybody, huh? Glad you came through it ok.

7 Likes

they may have gotten it dirt cheap, poor Hoss, wellā€¦ well, thatā€™s one cowboy that never got to retire! I believe Dan Blocker died at 42 or 43, the year before the final season of Bonanza had started filming. That is why no one watches the final season, heā€™s not in it, at all, only referenced that he had died between seasons, somehow?

regards,

2 Likes

Yeah it is sad. I had forgotten that he died so young, guess I got that part of the story wrong. He must not have owned that property for more than a few years.

I also forgot the show ran for so long, I used to watch reruns of the early black and white episodes.

He had a cabin there which he stayed in during filming, very spartan but beautifully made with full logs used instead of cut beams. it was built on a corner of the parcel of land that was purchased for filming, in an area where the terrain was too rough so it was apparently never used for the production.

it became the basis for a small house. The original cabin became the living room / kitchen, with 3 bedrooms and a larger bathroom added over time.

I spent a summer there in grass valley as a kid when I was about 7 years old. I had a great time there. I enjoyed the nature, it was beautiful, steep terrain with a combination of forest and scrubland, nearby to a river.

But it was an odd scene with neighbors fighting over water rights, well digging, and property lines. The nearest town was Truckee, which at that time was a practically a ghost town with a truck stop.

Itā€™s all much different now, Truckee has become almost upscale. I bet itā€™s a lot more livable now, with better access to electricity and treated water, but also more expensive, and more developed.

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::open_mouth::metal: Gawgeous :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

I guess Truckee never was a quiet place with the train right through town . I drove old highway 40 over Donner Summit many times . I still like to drive the old road over the summit in the summer . Great train ride in the winter .

6 Likes

I guess the spraying is working less and less caterpillars only found two today maybe drop inns from the trees . The only damage I have found is on fan leaves and bud leaf and very light once in awhile a fat one on a top the small birds might be nibbling also . Found one tonight started wiggling after I sprayed the Doctor zymes hard too see camo green . My wife is helping me wet trim before I hang to find any hide outs were taking the tops off a couple Blingā€™s and let the rest fatten up maybe still real warm chance of rain in a couple of days but donā€™t look like much .

10 Likes

Thatā€™s the way I plan to harvest my two large plants. We have warm weather again so, I take the top third off and itā€™ll be just right. I also have a couple of lower limbs that grew out like a separate plant. I may take them at the same time.

3 Likes

I started to take a few tops off the Bling this Vanilla Frosting is so heavy there should be plenty to keep me smiling for a long time .Iā€™m letting her go for a while longer as long as the weather stays warm sheā€™s been the darkest green really stands out next to the different plants .

35 Likes

Very nice brother. I never dropped any this summer and Iā€™m going to share half my pack with @misterbee. I should save mine till next summer but I sure would like to grow her. I loooove tasty pot. Weā€™ve been blessed with nice warm weather this year. I left mine going longer and itā€™s paid off. Things are swelling nicely. Happy trims!

11 Likes

Looking good out there G. Nice to see a blue sky :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Perfect weather to finish this Bling starting to turn a little purple . Maybe Iā€™ll start in the morning real early and get another one hanging .

25 Likes

Looking good bro. Whatā€™s the Bling made of? Looks Good. Is that a one finger leaf Iā€™m seeing on her? Iā€™m growing one that has only one finger leaves and an occasional 3 finger leaf. Itā€™s (ak47 x nl) x super skunk.

Iā€™m in the process of taking my SSDD apart but may have to cut both plants whole and hang them because of freezing weather coming in a couple of days. It got to 32- 33 this morning and I almost freaked. When I went to bed the low was supposed to be 40. I woke up at 3am and it was 43ā€¦ I woke up at 4:30 am and it said it was 33. It may have been an error on the internet. Not sure it ever got that cold.

I have to leave for some work in a week also, so Iā€™m battling the clock as well. If I wonā€™t be gone so long I may cut and hang them whole. Thatā€™ll give me a little time to take it apart.

Good luck! I got lucky this year with minimal hail damage, no caterpillars, aphids came but the ladybugs won that battle which really pleased me because they were too big to spray almost. I did spray my smaller ones and it helped. Ladybugs finished the deal late. Iā€™m so glad they stayed this late. The wasps hardly showed up this year and left early after a late summer freeze. I have a bunch I have to clip off of the stem tonight before bed. Iā€™m getting there. Iā€™m down to the two large plants and one more small potted plant.

9 Likes

Thanks yes a bunch of one finger leaf * TYPE: Indica Dominant

• GENETICS: Humboldt Frost x Reserve OG x Humboldt Gelato
11 Likes

Unbelivable awesome!!! Love your garden!!! Its a dream !! Blessings! :heart:

5 Likes

Todays the day for the Vanilla Frosting Iā€™m going to miss seeing her colas pointing upward . Sheā€™s starting to sag and some of the tops are sideways with weight . Kissing cousin to the Bling * TYPE: Indica Dominant

30 Likes

Beautiful plant - I am sure that she will provide you with a lot of good meds

6 Likes

Congrats @gramps, so far so good. Plants look healthy and happy.
Personally, Id take the outside 1/3 of the plant.
If you can let it ride for 3 weeks the plant will fill in for ya nicely with some sunshine.
I did that to the first of my largest plants here. 7 day in Great Lakes region is rain, rain and more rain. Most of my stuff is real close, except for the OG Chem dominant phenos. Looks like my sunlight and heat is done this year.
Let us know what she weighs in at @gramps, it looks bigly.

5 Likes

we got snow in the forecast for MN

3 Likes

Midwest we will be fighting some pretty strong winds. Looks like the weather is not helping many of us right now.

2 Likes