Grandaddy Purple - Ken's GDP - Legit or BS?

Thanks @sidewing

I think the problem is, after Ken’s shady behaviour, it is problematic and tricky to verify a cut with his name attached to it.

I think most people now seek a “norcal gdp” as it won’t be confused with any of Ken’s seeds if you know about the whole thing.

Do you have any pictures handy you could post here?

2 Likes

thanks for the info. appreciate you sharing.

i’m having a real hard time with the kens seeds i got. took me forever to find them and were quite expensive. having much better luck with other cuts of GDP. going to continue through the pack. 7 seeds left of a 10 pack. the first 3 all were dismally weak/disappointing.

i think i lucked out trading with a canadian breeder i met on RIU who had some GDP IBL F2s he made of what looks to me like a norcal cut GDP. so far have only got males… still working through that pack too.

i have one GDP clone mom i selected and been running for close to 3yrs now. works great for my mother in law. need to self it and breed it. those projects are coming up.

the shoreline cut GDP has been solid as well. looking for a good male, all the females have been fantastic.

thanks again for stoppin’ by. appreciate you.

5 Likes

I dug these up from one of my old threads on rollitup… (sharing modified subcool supersoil)… and i took 1 pic from a thread on thcfarmer that has legit pics of it… i did most of my threads on riddlem3 forum which was private and appears to not be up anymore i guess. Other than these, I’d have to dig on my old PC to see if I have anymore… But if you have any pics, I can spot Ken’s by the look of it… the fan leaves stems are real long and away from the bud… and they have those 2 tiny little side fingers like shown… I had the purple urkle clone at one point in the past and urkle had the same leaf look. Urkle was great but yielded so so little. I ordered some purple urkle seeds not long ago and it wasn’t like the one back in the day.

2 Likes

5 Likes

That’s the Ken’s gdp in the back.

I have 3 more pics I can upload, but I’ll need someone to reply cause I’ve hit my consecutive post limit lol

3 Likes

i have seen this leaf structure.

1 Like

5 Likes

6 Likes

Good to know it works for you. After years of wasting time on white label especially spanish bulk banks, i learned it’s better to spend a little more on a North America repro from a real breeder you can see and hear or order a clone than spend any money on 10 seeds you’ll find mids in or 100 seeds you may find a keeper that doesnt herm.
I wouldn’t even consider breeding with any of that if it’s seeds for sale or even testers (why torture people?).

2 Likes

@KropDuster I’ve got a bunch of the F2 GDP you did and I can’t remember the details. Hopefully you do :joy::v:

3 Likes

do tell?

kens gdp F2s would save me a LOT of time…

1 Like

Curious if you ended up growing those PPD ??? I just dropped the Humbolt fems yesterday… I m fascinated with this stain. I have a serious badass BBM came from ((Sinse warehouse )) and its my 2nd fav strain all time.I have the 90s BB going and now starting the PPD ,its funny I ve been dying to grow this for years. I may try my hand in breeding these together…

1 Like

yes. PPD is in my outside garden.
started the seed back in april.

2 Likes

You have any plans on breeding your plants?? I was interested in trying to find pollen . I d love to hit one of my fems with some pollen

1 Like

The GDP cut you sent me is loving it’s bigger pot. Gonna grab a few snips this week and then it will hit the flower tent. Thanks again brother.

6 Likes

yes. i have a selected female (AC GDP) i have been running for close to 3yrs now.
i hit some clones of her’s last month with lonely OC’s purple urkle pollen. about to harvest that pollenated plant in a few more days. hopefully the pollen survived the trip overseas. we shall see.

i also have 8 AC GDP clones in with a selected xox GDP male. they are in week 3. i can try and save some pollen from that male aside.

6 Likes

Dude , tht would be awesome, Im doing a gdp run . I got a nice gdp from 00seeds going and plan on dropping a bunch more .

3 Likes

thanks for the photo. looks nice and healthy. nice work.
keep topping it until 2 weeks before you want to flip. you won’t regret the extra nodes.
let it go 9 weeks. perfect balance.

2 Likes

Selected XOX GDP male. been keeping him alive for close to a year now just for this purpose.
took 2 cuttings before sticking him in with the 2 week flower clones.

will see if i can save some aside for you. he’s already dropping dust…

9 Likes

That would be greatly appreciated. I d toss u seeds from the grow too…Either way I appreciate u replying …

3 Likes