Granddaddy Purple

I bought them back in 2020 but I keep my seeds very well.

1 Like

Just let me know if you’re down. If you want the real deal, head over to Authentic Genetics. Those are regulars. Although it appears he is out but regularly restocks. Here is that story:

Ken Estes was the dude that found this strain and helped make it famous.

2 Likes

Wait isn’t that what’s his name Kyle strawberry cough guy site. I did get my GDP from agseedco and @ToddMcC but there’s levels to the releases. The first release were Fems, I got those still, and the second release was regulars I got those, the third release was regulars but open pollination. My purple moonshine uses this GDP as it’s mom anchor, and was true to form and terp profile GDP. The other one I got GDP from was @SamwellBB which was IMO a nice appearing and stronger flower, which had those nice like green features behind the purple, this is the stock I found my male in for the GDP I sent around on here at OG. Some got them from momma A which was stocky and dense, and some got them from momma B which was lanky and resiny, and some got a mix of both. I unfortunately have little to none left. But @Jetdro if you keep your eye out I think a Birdy told me something maybe popping up here soon that will let some of the last purple moonshine I have outta the vault.

8 Likes

Well it’s been about 15 years sense I last smoked any gdp and there has been a lot of different weed in my pipe sense then but I remember it having a sweet hash oil type taste with a veg light purple berry flavor in there.
The legit original clone grew purple buds with green leaf and the current versions normaly grow purple leaf and green buds a a half green half purple type bud.
Ken was involved with it early on but there is more to the story. He was able to get a script early on and the plant came into his possession , I always heard it was mendacinon purps crossed to purple urkle. I have old mendonoutps seeds but they probably won’t grow and I haven’t seen the purple urkle clone in a few years.
As soon as prop 64 passed in California a lot of things changed with the clone industry. Prior to prop 64 some clubs would let members bring in and sell cuts on consignment and a lot of others kept there own moms and supplied the clones them selves. prop 64 restricted what each type of license can do and really narrowed the options down in regards to genetics.

6 Likes

GDP in a 4X4. She grew like a rocket and smelled like Gerber Berry Baby Poop. Top notch, knockout smoke.

10 Likes

Is that from seed or clone ?

1 Like

I have a package winging its way to me right now with some GDP from a nice gentleman named Santero , will run them , so believe I am covered now . Appreciate the offer however :+1::+1:

7 Likes

Of course brother. I’m happy you found what you wanted. Can’t wait to watch this grow!

1 Like

It’s from seed. She was a beauty.

3 Likes

This is what pops in my head when I think about GDP. Crazy greens and purples that almost make it look like it’s poisonous or something

4 Likes

Been growing it for the past 4 years. Did a F4 seed run Nov 22 - May 23. Thousands of seeds😉

I never burn out on this one, ever. Grapes and berries, what’s not to like? A nice old school indica high with an awesome flavor.

4 Likes

I need summa dat. Lol

1 Like

Sorry, all I got is GDP. Working on setting the Purple pheno line. Both green and purple are great but something about that almost black purple is dank af😉

1 Like

i did send @jetdro F3’s, via ken’s line.
they were made with this F2 mother :wink:

21 Likes

Oh, damn. She looks beautiful :ok_hand:t2:

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

That kind of colors are what i am looking for :upside_down_face: have some kandahar black and Hades project going on so fingers crossed :pray: what was temp. differences during light sceduals ?

2 Likes

Right before all the Cookie and Cherry Pie stuff started hitting here in CA the GDP was the big strain.

3 Likes

Wow. Beautiful. @santero

Well, there is a lot of GDP in “F1 Durb” or should I say Cherry Pie Kush. So in a way, the trend continued. Just a cross of the same thing.

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes