Grape Rebbelion

I Always enjoy a good fade.

13 Likes

Really deadly looking strain! Whatā€™s the story of the covelo skunk? Do you think it contributed the grape flavor?

I have friends in covelo who gave me a skunk plant that has been up there for awile. Itā€™s not the roadkill skunk but a earthy green bud tasting variety that grows really well. The sour grape taste I would up with is a blessing and a mystery. Both skunk and kush varieties have been known to throw fruity phenos. All of the girls were kinda fruit punch smelling this particular pheno was extra sour and with grapey tones, smells like crunchberries ,idk really hard to describe exactly but really really strong smell and addicting taste.

3 Likes

Sweet. I guess who knows where all these flavors come from when ya start crossing things haha. That covelo cut sounds interesting, I love old skunks like thatā€¦seems like you do as well!

1 Like

Iā€™m a big fan of older genetics in general along with landraces and anything that is exceptionally unique

4 Likes

I am wondering, are you planning on bringing back some of that grape rebellion ? If and when you do, the check will be in the mail yesterday :joy:

Iā€™ll be on the lookout

1 Like

I do , Iā€™m currently growing out some skunk1 beans to cross to the sfv og clone.
The grape rebbelion is a specific pheno I hunted out of the same cross a few years back. When I made it the skunk was the female. This time Iā€™m using a male skunk and the original SFv og clone and will then use a male from that to start crossing back to the grape rebbelion mom :grin:
Also crossing the skunk to a og I was gifted labeld 92 og , it has the classic og taste but with a predominate sour gas flavor in the background and stiffer branch structure then the sfv.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be watching from the sidelines, on the lookout.
Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get that :fire:, maybe a sour og grapety grape grapeā€¦lol

1 Like

5 Likes

Howā€™s your project going been a bit since a update?

2 Likes

Things are going good, working on hunting threw some skunk beans atm Looking for a good male.
Will be crossing that to the sfv og and using a male from that to start breeding back on the grape rebbelion. Thereā€™s a Few other projects in line before this will be complete, I need to finish up some og pheno hunting and open up more space.

2 Likes

Sounds good glad to hear itā€™s moving forward .

2 Likes

@Heritagefarms bringing up a old topic what happened with the grape rebellion I was really interested at the time with that strain ?
Any seeds floating around?

1 Like

Iā€™m actually still working towards a seed line slowly , testing two girls from the original parental stock atm and then going to find a boy to start putting back on to the mom. Iā€™ve currently become increasingly busy at my job though and the cannabis has become more of a small side hobby atm

3 Likes