Grass Monkey & Sour Bubble in the House!

HAHAHAHAHA

Can you please send me some of that you’re smoking bro!? HAHAHAHAHA

What are you talking about? Pedro’s seeds were sent out to people just a couple of weeks ago or so… I am growing @LED_Seedz Grass Monkey and @BogSeeds Sour Bubble bro!

LOLOLOLOL

1 Like

Looool on page 124 of this thread pedro posted a pic of his Sour bubble i didnt realise it was back in may lol

1 Like

Happens all the time, i think it’s got something to do with the kinda crowd we got here. LOL

2 Likes

My monkey is starting to eat itself like this, i dunno if i need to cut it now, but the trichomes aren’t there yet!?

Whatcha think Master PJ? @LED_Seedz

Sci :robot:

2 Likes

I can’t see them clearly in the pictures either. If you are anywhere near 56 to 58 flowering since showing sex it’s good to go.

That said that one is showing signs of over feeding, not eating it’s self. When they “fade” it is just that. An even fading from dark green to light green. Edge burning is strong food at one point.

3 Likes

I have been giving them water only for the last two weeks, with Sugar Daddy, but that’s it!

Better pic!

@LED_Seedz

It’s the only one doing it tho.

3 Likes

Sugar daddy is a waste of time and flavors the smoke horribly. It is one of the many reasons people say hydro does not taste good. Also unless you were over feeding, so it starving them of food when they need it the very most.

Are you using the entire Technoflora line?

Are you still using Coco chips?

3 Likes

I was over feeding like 1800ppm or 2000ppm even, sometimes… A branch broke and it tasted horrible, plus it gave me a headache.

Yes, to TechnaFlora in Coco chips/pith. Like 70/30 just because i didn’t have enough. They are at 63 days after showing pistillate primordia. @LED_Seedz, 70 days from flipping date.

2 Likes

Yes the over feeding is obvious. That plant is fried to a crackly crunch.

You may want to go to straight water for at least a week to try and get rid of that Sugar Daddy build up. It really does have a horrible flavor.

6 Likes

Thanks bro, my instincts do not fail me, that is exactly what i have prepared for them… Straight water pH’d…

Thanks again

PS.: Cos’ i ran out of Sugar Daddy, but don’t tell PJ… LOL!

3 Likes

3 Likes

@LED_Seedz

You and some of the peeps use the GH bottles on coco, and i know that it would be easier for me to mix two or three bottles other than 7 at a time…

Should i, when i ran out of these Technaflora i got, switch to GH?

I know it will be cheaper too.

2 Likes

That is totally your call. I don’t work for any of the companies nor do I push them on anyone.

Keep in mind I am headed towards 40 years of growing and I have been involved in the industry with opportunity to test products for years. I have been given cases upon cases of Technoflora and it’s a great product but not designed for cannabis. I’d certainly recommend it over AN, but I have never sat down with a calculator to work out an efficient recipe for it. It’s expensive, harder to use, has to be changed throughout the growing process yadda yadda. That is not simple so I have no interest in using it or teaching people to use it.

If you can get great results with TF, then stick with it but certainly don’t limit yourself to one product and think that is the end all be all.

I am currently experimenting with Megacrop and find as a stand alone it is not stand alone. It’s got it’s faults and needs some help but at it’s price point I feel it “could” be worth the time spent to figure out what it needs. It’s a work in progress.

5 Likes

As always @LED_Seedz, thanks for your candour! Good sir.

Will stick to TechnaFlora for now, but without overfeeding… Thanks.

4 Likes

Last pic of this grow. Harvest is here. Trim jail will be after they dry, this time. Just gonna remove the fan leaves.

I am cutting them on day 71 after flipping.

I have to admit, after not knowing if i was gonna be able to stay at the house or not i neglected this grow in its veggie phase. So they could have been way better, on top of that i overfed them and had to flush them at the very end.

Which is now. They have gone into darkness, will cut and hang tomorrow afternoon.

These are the beautiful parents that will give birth to my second cross ever, and only to identify it internally i will name it “Bubbly Chimp”, a Sour Bubble healthy and vigorous male, the nicest one in the bunch; along with a Grass Monkey mum which luckily became the tallest, most trichomes and scent on it.

That was a fluke, except for the fact that i clone them and saw the parents before choosing the two that would be making seeds.

Grass Monkey fem at almost 4 weeks bloom! Sour Bubble male, will be ready shortly.

Hope you enjoyed this grow even with all the neglect.

Buds came out ok i think.

10 Likes

But where’s the bud shots :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Coming bro.

I got them in 48hrs darkness. About 25% amber trichomes.

2 Likes

Why is that? Ancient Chinese secret?

5 Likes

Yeah something like that… LOL

People say it makes more trichomes right before harvest when you put the plants in darkness like that…

I dunno!

Stoner science! Well there may be a little truth to the fact that they do move sugars to the root system in the dark cycle. I really have detected little difference.

I will sometimes do the darkness thing if I need a couple days before I can harvest. That’s only for timing though.

2 Likes