Grease_monkeys garbage can

Looks way too wet and to much area watered to me. Keep autos dry, water only where the root is, sparingly until its established, I water my autos 1 for every 4 photo waterings

2 Likes

That moisture was maybe a little over a cup to about 1 gallon of fresh dry promix !

3 Likes

At that size I was feeding about 1/4 cup every few days

2 Likes

Well shit lol

4 Likes

try watering with spray bottle when little. Seriously spray top of soil in circle til you get just as wet as you know theyll take in a day.

4 Likes

I find that promix is very acidic unless balanced by water of a higher pH. If you’re too dry it could be an issue.

5 Likes

I finger dipped the soil and it was fairly moist… so I mixed in some more dry stuff to allow it to dry up, ill see what it looks like today after work.

@Foreigner ive also noticed the promix ph likes to dive, I don’t know how guys run lower ph in it without issues lol my run off typically drops to the 4s when I’m putting in 6-6.5

4 Likes

I never check my runoff. It’s misleading with a soil with no nutrients in it. I did once and fucked my plants up trying to fix it. As long as the water you’re watering with is ph’d properly it works its self out. With living soils I can see, but not promix for runoff. That being said, I wet my soil (promix) with 7 ph water and mix in a wheel barrow so my plants are planted in a slightly moist substrate. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

That’s what I do @rooted . My first 2 attempts at autos failed miserably due to over water and over fertilizing. I treated them like my photos which I get up to 2000ppm, lol. My autos now I won’t go over 500ppm and only fert every other watering

2 Likes

My issue is I ph whats going in. Then develop ph issues, check my runoff and it comes out in the 4s lol

2 Likes

That says the soil real hot. If you ph in say 6.5 and runoff is 5 theres a lot of acid built up in that soil.

3 Likes

What is your tapwater pH?

I use Promix too and my tapwater is 7.0 but I let it sit and it rises to 7.5

I take this 7.5, add nutes and pour it in.

Very rarely do I have a pH issue doing it this way.

3 Likes

Mine us also 7.0 but I’ve never let it wait

3 Likes

I’ve had good success this way to the point where I don’t really check pH anymore.

It’s failed me a few times and I’ve done some flushing corrections but for the most part it works for me.

3 Likes

I’ll give it a try next time!

2 Likes

How long do you usually let it sit. Do you let it sit after adding nutes aswell

2 Likes

A couple of days.

It started off because I got too annoyed waiting for gallons to come out of the tap. I found it convenient to have a 5g bucket of water.

I add the nutes in a 1g container and use immediately.

Edit - I use pure blend pro

2 Likes

Gotcha, ill set some aside and see of it changes, and I’ll test the mix ive already got in a jug its been sitting for 3 days

2 Likes

It’s probably worth doing some baseline tests just for your peace of mind.

I should also add that I had a strain recently that did not like these inputs.

Rather than chasing my tail the whole time I culled them and went with the strains that did like it. I always start more/more variety than I need.

4 Likes

Never any harm in testing. Good to remember.

2 Likes