Grease_monkeys garbage can

Under qualified

4 Likes

An unemployed bum lol.

I’m starting school Monday for heavy equipment operator. Gonna go play with some Tonka toys!

11 Likes

That sounds exciting, I hope it goes well for you, most people I talk to who learn to drive big trucks seem to worry about the air brake parts of the test for some reason, I guess it must be complicated. So are you doing back hoes and digging vehicles or big trucks.

4 Likes

I made this diorama in your honor :+1:

5 Likes

Should be a cinch fir @Grease_Monkey as he’s been a mechanic from the dawn of time

2 Likes

This is awesome! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Mainly excavators, but ill get seat time on loaders, graders, etc. As far as air brakes, I got that one years ago… don’t remember a thing but I got it lol

5 Likes

Hahaha sweet!

3 Likes

Airbrakes are easy.
Congrats on the new path, people can make some good money operating the big Tonkas. :+1:

3 Likes

Yea I aced the test. But never got to put it to use cause we wernt given the time to do legit pre trips lol. Good ole oil patch “paper inspections”

3 Likes

I am thinking of buying a little backhoe, you can get a Chinese 1.5T for $3500 US plus taxes. I used to have a 1962 Massey Ferguson tractor with a loader and backhoe, that was a good machine until the viens went on the main backhoe arm drive :frowning:

2 Likes

Been a while, ive been busy with school. But here’s what I’ve got going on. In my tent I’m growing a nadapeno (non spicy jalapeno) its loaded with peppers. I havnt counted but im guessing over 20 and it keeps starting new ones daily!

Outside ive got my first ever attempt at a garden lol. In the back are a mix of nadapenos and bell peppers. The middle is peanuts and the front is potatoes!

And in this bed there’s mustard spinach, an onion random dill sprouts, a wedding cake auto flower and in the open patch in the front corner we are waiting for corn to sprout. There may also be a peanut plant pop up… it germinated and its in there somewhesomewhere, I forget where though so I can’t check on it lol.

The corn was a last minute ADD induced thought between the gf and I… the stuff in the garden is bodacious sweet corn… and then we also ordered “double red sweet corn” “blue jade dwarf sweet corn” and “Montana morado” black corn… so we are waiting for those in the mail. They’ll end up in totes and we will hopefully be able to keep them seperate or stagger the pollination times enough to not fuck them all up with cross pollination

11 Likes

Looking good, nothing beats fresh grown. That pepper plant is crazy

2 Likes

Garden is looking good man, I haven’t had time to start one here yet, other than throw some potatoes that were starting to sprout in the ground, as a soil test.

I am going to start some auto’s shortly and grow then outside, I will give your Purple Kush another bash with some others I have had sitting in the freezer a while now. I don’t have the time to build a grow room yet, been working on the car the last 3 weeks, every time I replace something, I see another part that needs replacing.

Managed to put a hole in both rubber cv boots changing the wheel bearings, lower control arms, sway bar links, tie rod ends shocks and springs, break pads, nothing left to replace now on the front end lol.

I replaced one of the rear shocks and said to myself, that was easier than I thought it would be, as they have been on since new 106,000k ago, the top bolt on the second one came free, with my ratchet, so I put the impact driver on it to wind it out quick, and the bolt is now just spinning and won’t come out or go back in.

The only way to get it out as far as I can see is cut the shock of with a grinder and then attack the bit of the shock the bolt goes through if there is enough room to get the grinder in there, I don’t want to cut the bolt as I am not sure I can drive the end out of the nut welded to a flange as it’s a very small gap between the nut flange and body. If I can’t get the new shock on I have no vehicle to get other things nessacary to get the bolt end out as it’s about 9 inches through the car wheel well to the nut lol.

Any suggestions apart from burning it and getting the insurance lol.

1 Like

Is the top bolt still under tension from the shock? Got a pic of what you’re working with or some info on type of vehicle?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t even waste time on the purple kush lol ittl just be a disappointment!

Yea a pic of your issue would help… year make model aswell !

1 Like

It’s a 2013 hyundai elantra 1800.

Yes it is, and I was going to release the bottom part of the shock today just in case that was the problem after thinking about it last night, but when I took the other side of I took both bolts out before releasing the shock absorber from the lower mount.

I don’t have the energy atm as I just spent 5 hours in 30 degree heat digging goat weed out of a flower bed lol, pain in the ass but it will make good compost. If it doesn’t come out tomorrow once it’s off the bottom mount, I will try and get a pic, it’s on the most awkward side, with the muffler in the way lol.

The only thing that disappointed last time was there size and I think that was because I used peat pucks to germinate them in, I think the roots hit that nylon mesh and put them into flower to early, one of the best tasting smokes I have had, nice buzz as well. I got plenty of pots and soil so nothing ventured nothing gained :wink:

The ones I grew never got full size either, I think mr sparkle had the same experience.

Yea you may just have to seek and destroy the bolt. Is it a legit welded nut or one of those slide on spring steel type

2 Likes

It’s kind of on a flange that is welded to the body, probably a mild steel the way it striped so easily. The bolt just spins even with the lower end released. I tried a pry bar under the bolt head whilst using my impact driver, but it still doesn’t want to move. I will order a new bolt tomorrow before I start hacking it about and pray I can get what’s left out of the nut, drive in the new one as far as I can, and weld it to the nut.

Changed the outer cv boot on one side today, got to do the other side tomorrow :unamused:

1 Like

peat pucks yeah you have to take off that outer webbing otherwise only one or two roots pop through and that’s the start of the new root mass, but nothing like unhindered roots.

Also need to replace my shock and struts on my hyundai as well, but 130k not unexpected with the amount of speed bumps its seen

2 Likes