Grease_monkeys ongoing micro grow

Pic 1: pollenation station. I’m starting to see little round nubs growing on the bud I pollenated. Hopefully this time i get more than 15 seeds lol

Pic 2. An unpollenated branch… that probably caught some pollen. I wasnt overly carefull while applying it

10 Likes

How I’ve been collecting pollen: I got a new bud buster (from canadian tire lol) and put a piece of foil backed takeout lid into the bottom to smooth out the machining spirals. As the pollen sacks ripen I pluck them off and put them in the screen. Break them up a bit with my tweezers and close the grinder up… a few taps on the side drops the bulk of it then after about a day in the cupboard the husks dry out. Another few taps knocks the rest through the screen.

Is it recommended to mix with sterile flour before freezing or is it alright to just get it in a container and put it in the freezer?

7 Likes

I don’t know, I am learning from you, chopped a branch of my male, I think, Tranquil Elephantizer Remix couple of days ago, trying to clone it and get some pollen.

2 Likes

Hahaha I’m the wrong guy to learn from… out of the 3 times trying to collect pollen though… this has been the “cleanest” and least amount of hassle.

Why clone it? So you can get rid of the big plant and just mature a cutting sized one?

2 Likes

No it’s a nice looking male, stocky with tight nodes, got a nice strong smell to it as well, probably the best plant of the bunch, I was hoping it was a girl.

I am watching you to learn what not to do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

2 Likes

I was trying to think of how to get pollen with letting it fuck all my females too. I may have heard of this somewhere else, but my plan is to let the male almost ripen, but not bust open…then take a cutting and put in glass of water inside a freezer bag…move it to another room where it can open up…as soon as some pollen is released cut the stem off and let everything dry in the bag. I want seeds, but I want sinsemilla too…lol…sounds like something a politician would say.

Edit:
BAHAHAHAHA…it was your thread I read that from…or maybe riekox…lol…ffs…awesome…lol

2 Likes

I have tried that a couple of times when struggling to sex a plant, but it’s hit and miss whether they last Long enough to produce any pollen for me, so I want to make sure I get enough pollen and keep the male for other experiments.

2 Likes

Shit, eh…thanks for that info. I may have to rethink my plan…would hate to not get any pollen. :cry: It may sound shifty…but my oldest daughter is out of town for a few months…she has the 2nd floor master bedroom with 2 closets…hmmm :thinking:

4 Likes

That would be too funny if she came home early, to find a big male plant flowering away in her closet lol.

It usually fails because I don’t go in the flower room enough to mist the clone dome, and keep up the humidity. For a diligent person it may not be a problem with a decent sized cutting with lots of leaves to use for food.

3 Likes

Oh, I see you’ve found my tomato plant…lol…early start for spring.

3 Likes

You’ll be spreading spooge way before that boy is ready to blow.
Individual flowers open ongoing they will be pollinated long before your boy is ready.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve got some random pollenation… too many strange spots with the hairs shriveling like on the pollenated bud. I don’t really care though , it’s a small plant, so smoking 1 oz of seeded bud 8snt nearly as bad as 6 oz seeded bud

4 Likes

My branch has been cut off in a cup of water with super low dose fish juice and h202 since 2 minutes after reiko told me to cut it. It’s still holding it’s own

3 Likes

I recommend letting it dry thoroughly and remove any plant matter. Then put it in an airtight container, uncut. Next put that container in a desiccant like silica or toasted rice. Put that in an airtight container and freeze it. Make sure everything is room temperature before you open it. I have had luck storing pollen for over a year this way.

3 Likes

Awesome, I dont know how I havnt found that post. I’ve got mylar bags, desiccant pouches and the same little viles

I’m going to hit my zkittles auto and sour d auto with a bit of it when they’re big enough… for no other reason than “why not”

1 Like

The easiest way to collect pollen is to lay a piece of parchment in a bathtub. Cut down the males and remove fan leaf. Place the male branches on the parchment and let it dry out over the next few days. You won’t believe how much pollen is left on the parchment.

grease monkey :monkey: your plants are looking saxxxy. :v:

6 Likes

Thanks! If I could get away with somthing like the bathtub I would… but between the girlfriend and my cat everyones against me haha

6 Likes

I bet you could use a rubbermaid bin or something with the same results.

3 Likes

Good point… I was just a bit shy going into this one because my first attempt at fem pollen I had left it in a tinfoil tray to dry blah blah blah got 15 seeds. But I’m starting to think I screwed up the silver process from the get go and it wasnt my pollen collecting that went bad. I sprayed way to long, and was battling heavy PM. With how many curled brown hairs are on my 2 pollenated buds this time around I have a good feeling I may get some results

2 Likes

Those buds you pollinated look like some good stuff.

2 Likes