Grease_monkeys ongoing micro grow

I know a guy who uses a whole tall Rubbermaid tote.
Puts plant inside with a min reqd bulb, a little teepee at the base where it goes into the bucket to cover top of bucket.
No air movement and very well confined.
Wollah

5 Likes

in the past when i pollinated buds with in a few days you could feel the beans inside the bud…squeezing gently you should feel a difference between the ones you hit and the ones you did not …real pretty in any case :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was just thinking of that…do a wet harvest and hang the male parts in the tub with fishing line or whatever…awesome!!
Will the sacs that are closed when harvesting to hang dry open up and release viable pollen?

2 Likes

I just place the plant directly on the parchment so nothing goes airborne. The sacks will all open and release as it dries. Should only take a few Days to dry fully.

5 Likes

Kind of difficult to see in a pic, but I definitely have seeds developing

11 Likes

congrads on the pregnancy hope the morning sickness is not to bad… :blush:

2 Likes

It’s looking like shes alot more preggo than I thought. I should have been atleast a tiny bit careful pollinating cause I’m pretty sure I’ve got seeds throughout the whole plant lol

3 Likes

its not the end of the world …beans are not cheap…the potency is fairly the same …just a bit of a pain cleaning it … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yea I’m not crying about it that’s for sure hahaha

3 Likes

when i did this i slipped baggie over male flowers gave it a little shake and then slipped that baggie over the bud i wanted to fertilize and again gave it a little shake…this worked very well and i never had a problem with pollen getting where i did not want it … guy that called himself yesca wizard from old og taught me this …he was a great source of info for me

4 Likes

Yea I read all the precautions and methods. Then ignored them all haha

5 Likes

roflmao … also can relate to that :wink:

2 Likes

One last pic of the fridge before I shut it down for good

8 Likes

I’ve been busy doing some stuff… between advice from @Shadey and the tutorial by @Mr.Sparkle I’ve built myself a bridgelux setup. I’ve got ten 22" strips powered by a 150 watt meanwell driver and a sonoff pow for timer and wattage display.

Along with that I bought a 3x2 tent with a 1x2 veg and 2x2 flowering side. The veg side will be tight especially with limited access to the big side of the door… but I’m also used to working in tight quarters. By tommorow I’m hoping to have the fan moved over and timers set up on the sonoff and the girls in their new home. Time to have some fun!

14 Likes

@ttutone I dunno how to link threads so I tagged you. It’s a few posts up

2 Likes

Well, my layout is shit atm kind of at a “good enough point”. I’ve since realized I dicked my math and am running quite a few watts per square foot less than my fridge lol oops and ohwell.

Question time: I picked up a Honeywell fan for circulation and in the instructions it says “do not use with extension cord or power bar”. How do you guys plug yours in? I’d prefer to have it on a timer. Shitty room layout says I cannot plug directly into a wall. Currently I’m using an outdoor block heater extension cord. Light, extraction fan and Honeywell. Am I crazy or is my justification alright… it’s meant to have 3 heavy drawing block heaters plugged into it so as long as I’m not drawing more than those I should be safe…right? Any input is welcome while I start googling manufacturer specs

edit
The cord says its rated for 120V, 13 amps and 1625 watts

Both fans and the light are nowhere near those numbers

8 Likes

wow your going fancy… tell me about that black fan that is hanging from the ceiling …been thinking about putting in another light in front of the shower and expanding my flower area but there is a floor standing oscillating fan that i have there now and it would be a pain in the butt to try and keep using it since it would interfere with the bathroom door …if i could hang a fan from the cieling it would solve that issue …

2 Likes

Not too sure yet it’s only been in there for an hour haha. It’s got 3 speeds, on low it still makes the leaves sway while blowing through my light (added cooling?) 25$ canadian at wall mart!

3 Likes

it was wonderful to see that since i would never have thunk to do that had i not seen it …figure fans have plastic bases so i could drill holes in one and mount it that way … its lights out right now but tomorrow am going to look at it all and see what i can come up with …you rocked my little pea brain tonite :blush:

2 Likes

It has slotted screw mounts so you can slip it on and off screw heads I don’t notice if it had full through holes though.

3 Likes