Grease_monkeys ongoing micro grow

not a problem…have a smaller oscillating table top fan that might work … now i am all excited to look into this possibility … bet you never thought when you hung that fan up there it would excite some crazy lady in the states :wink:

2 Likes

You should be good I have my fans and lights running of one power bar, that has another 2 off of that for veg and clone cab. It has a trip switch on it, I run my heaters off a separate extension cord. So long as the cord can handle the amperage it should be good. They are just covering there arse with the advice as some people will just overload power bars. Just don’t coil any spare extension cord, fold and tie in the middle, otherwise you can create a lot of heat and also an electrical field like a car alternator has.

2 Likes

I’ve used those Honeywell fans for a couple years now. They push a lot of air and are pretty easy to clean. Jellypowered calls them Reiko fans because you would see them in my workbench pics.

3 Likes

That’s what I figured, and I’m waaay under its rated load which is probably underrated for safety aswell. I’ve never heard of a coiled extension cord creating a field like that… kind of interesting

@ReikoX I’m pretty sure it was your thread I saw them in first lol. It moves air pretty good, it even cooled my driver down within a few minutes

2 Likes

I would guess there worried about a voltage drop and underpowering the fan I don’t know why else they wouldn’t want extension cords maybe a shock hazard IDK

2 Likes

I like those fans, they do the job fairly well. I have mine blowing across my lights also.

5 Likes

Purple kush auto. Just short of 8 weeks

Zkittles auto. Just over 5 weeks.

Sour diesel auto. 1.5 weeks

And finally Bubbas Gift that I won from one of @George_The_Vault giveaways! Just popped her head out this morning after less than 24hr in paper towel

After purple kush is done I’m going to pop another cackleberry and hope for a female. @allotment cackleberry are looking too tasty not to!

10 Likes

Purple kush looks great, makes me want to pop my seeds that HardRock gave me, but they are photos, I got no room for more atm :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I noticed from your pic above that you appear to be using hlg quantum boards. Im currently using 2 hlg 65s in my veg tent and am about to add a 3rd. The tent is separated into 2 levels. The plants really seam to like it. They are bright as hell for only 65 watts. What lights are you running? How are they are performing for you? Plan on getting a hlg 600 rspec within a few weeks. Are you flowering with quantum boards?

2 Likes

Gimmy a couple more weeks, I may have some auto fems for ya

1 Like

Did I see in another thread that your tent is like mine, with the veg and flowering sides with a shelf on veg side?

1 Like

Someone else apparently. Heres my veg tent. 3x3x6. Built a table out of 2x4s. I run a seperate flower tent.

9 Likes

My bad haha. That’s a nice set up!

3 Likes

Thanks! Dont mind the unhappy plant on the bottom right. Was not happy after the transplant. Lol. A watering mistake on my part i believe. I like the diy strip light you built. Looks like it covers a lot of area with minimal watts. I like those vivosun tents.

1 Like

I’ve got three HLG 100 lights in my tent, and another one in my 2’x2’ cabinet. I ordered a 65 for the cabinet but they sent me a 100 on accident, so whaddya gonna do?

I veg and flower with them. I only run two in the tent during 18/6 veg, and switch to all three when I start flowering. In the tent I’ve got them mounted to a board on the top such that I can raise and lower them individually. In the cabinet, the light is fixed as high as it can possibly go.

3 Likes

Im assuming the 2x2 is mostly for clones and seedlings?

It pretty much covers the entire 2x2 side, I made it 22x22" just incase the tent dimensions were a lie. So far the tent seems well built, they kinda f’d up the divider piece. They didnt make any recesses for the poles so sealing it with the tape is kind if difficult. But that’s not a big deal

1 Like

Used to be just for veg, but I’ve flowered out some pretty nice plants in there too. It’s a lot of light for that space, so as long as I can keep them from growing into the ceiling, I’m not unhappy with the results. I may not pull a lot from there, but it’s great for what it is.

Oh, lol. I thought that was directed at me.

3 Likes

It was. Monkey was answering another post! Been checking out both of you guys threads and you both are growing some nice stuff.

3 Likes

No amber yet but soon

10 Likes