Grease_monkeys ongoing micro grow

very nice …looks like we are both at about the same point …started using the scope on mine this week and the forecast is mostly cloudy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like a nice bit of purple colour starting on those bud leaves, looks great.

1 Like

Not nearly as purple as I hoped, but maybe she will get it together in the next few days!

3 Likes

I did some baking last night. 5 grams of decarbed weed into a bit over a 1/4 cup of cocoa butter. Then turned it into milk chocolate bars… not really sure how strong they will be lol might just have to try a half bar to start. I was planning on less chocolate but after having to add more sugar ( dark chocolate is nasty) I also had to add a bit of coconut oil to help it melt more smoothly so what was supposed to be 4-6 bars is now 13

6 Likes

Well, if that 5 grams of cannabis was 20% THC content, then you would have about 1000mg total. So my estimate for each of the 13 bars is about 75 mg each.

3 Likes

What can a guy expect from 75 mg. I made brownies from another thread a week ago but didnt decarb.

I made muffins in high school… we had bags of sweet leaf that we stick in coffee cans with nuts n bolts then shook it through a t shirt. Poured some crystal in the batter. Then filled the muffin tins half way. Put a teaspoon of straight crystal in then topped off the muffin tins. It made a little hash blob in the middle of each one.

I ate one at the beginning of math class figuring it would kick in by the end which would lead I to lunch/skipping the last half of school. Well, 15 minutes later trying to do a test in class I was fuuuucked. Those muffins scared 3 of my buddies away from weed for quite some time lol

5 Likes

So @ReikoX and @Mongobongo , do you guys freeze fresh for edibles or dry it like normal?

3 Likes

I dry like normal. Lately I’ve been using bubble hash and scrapings from my grinder to make gummies.

2 Likes

Oooh I gots a bit of hash.
Need gummy molds

So you don’t use veg matter?

2 Likes

@Grease_Monkey 75 mg should be a strong dose. I have a pretty high tolerance and would get a good buzz from 75 mg. My buddy will fall asleep after 30 mg. So it kinda depends on the person. Start with half and see how you feel.

@OleReynard I press most of my flower into rosin. Some of that rosin gets stuck in the bags, so I save them. When I get a full jar, I wash the bags with ethanol, filter, and reduce back to oil. I decarb the oil and use that for my recipe.

I wash my trim dry when I have enough, then press that for smoking. I call it Wonka rosin because you never know what a hit is going to taste like. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I have in the past but I find the green taste is much stronger when using veg matter directly into butter or oil.

2 Likes

I reduce my RSO down in coconut oil and bake with it, I get a more even mix instead of playing Russian roulette with the cookies :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right, I add my decarbed oil into the recipe based on 60% THC estimates and serving size. I’m still guessing, but I’m a not playing Russian roulette.

4 Likes

I get some cookies will do not much and some will put me on my ass for 3 or 4 hours.

Just sampled the first half of one bar… cant taste the weed at all, the chocolate and mint cover it perfectly. Unfortunatly I didnt get my mix just right so the chocolate is slightly gritty… edible but not perfect

1 Like

Did you just dump the weed straight into the mixture and whisk it up?

Chocolate is the best thing to counter the taste for me. Tonight I got 2 squares of chocky and stuck them together with a bit of oil.

2 Likes

For the chocolate? No I made butter with the cocoa butter then strained it through cheese cloth, then mixed in the milk powder, sugar and cocoa powder. I ki d if went off the rails with my measurements compared to the recipe I was “following” lol.

2 Likes

Need a finer strainer, to get the worst of it out, I think the grainier ones are more potent.

This tastes more like a sugar grit, gf thinks I should have added a bit more coconut oil or cocoa butter. Regardless if my next batch turns out the same i wouldn’t complain.

Starting to feel somthing

1 Like

am thinking about making a really concentrated batch of green dragon and then adding that to baked goods …not sure how it would workout …the stuff i made in the past took about 3 milliliters for me to be happy

3 Likes