Greasy's Journal

Tahoe OG x Bubba Kush Smoke Report - Cross Posted on CSI Thread

Bud Shot:
At 64 days flowering

Flash 60 day cure

Sunlight 60 day cure

Bag appeal:
Classic lighter green colored bud, with orange hairs. A little frost on them, but not too much.

Smell and taste:
They have a light sweet lemon scent. These got dried out more quickly than I would have liked, so not very strong smell on them. The flavor is more pronounced than the smell, primarily being earthy, with light lemon. Overall not very loud in either smell or taste.

Potency and effects:
Medium potency on this strain. I’ve been a big fan of Tahoe OG for a long time, and was curious to see if this cross would be similar, and I would say the effects are what I generally find when I purchase this strain from the dispensary. A short sativa like come up with heady effects, followed by a deep stone, which will make you eat everything in your house and then fall asleep. Very heavy couch lock, and makes me as dumb as can be.

Overall:
Was pleased to find a Tahoe OG leaning plant that had the effects I was looking for. Really fun weed if you are into narcotic effects. I don’t smoke it all that frequently, as it’s more for when I get a night to myself and don’t need to interact with anyone, but when I have that freedom it’s perfect. I do want to say that as much as I enjoy the effects of the plant, it was a really challenging plant to grow. It had an incredibly slow veg, long internodal spacing, and really didn’t branch out at all, which led to a very small yield, all while being incredibly fussy. I could not make the plant happy through it’s whole life. I was kind of hoping I wouldn’t like the effects as much as I do, so I wouldn’t have to try and grow it again. But, I really enjoy it, and I have two packs of it to work through, so I will try and run it again sometime soon.

10 Likes

Blueberry Muffins x Vintage Blueberry chopped and hanging to dry. The plant had 8 weeks to mature after being pollinated, and the seeds coming out now have a darker color with some tiger striping. Wonder how many seeds I’ll get from this little plant. I think it did pretty well for being an outdoor winter plant, that only had 21 days veg time before it showed sex. It was pollinated by three males, so hopefully I can find some more blueberry terped plants from these seeds.

17 Likes

Blue Dream x Mendo Breath taken down this morning after flowering for 11 weeks. Plant was pollinated by Blueberry Muffins x Vintage Blueberry, but not fully, so there should still be some smoke from this one. This is my first plant I’ve grown that has turned that dark purple almost black, and the first plant to have fan leaf trichomes. Pretty cool!

Edit: anyone know where @growinghigher might reside on other sites? I would like to share some seed with him if I can find him.

16 Likes

Everyone is happy in the tent right now. Kicked out the Mothers Milk F2 and Headband x Chem D to outside so now we have our final line up. I’m having a difficult time finding a way to legibly type in which plant is which within the photo, so I’ll just show it as a grid.
|Mel’s GDP|Bubba Kush|
|Ken’sGDP|Mel’s GDP|

10 Likes

Try Instagram or ICMag

1 Like

Thanks for stopping by @TheUnderground. You should head over to the Introduce Yourself @OG thread to introduce yourself to the community.

2 Likes

GDP pollen collecting is going well, with the GDP males moved to my kitchen. Have snipped the top off of the earliest dropping male and to more easily collect, and the second two plants are beginning to drop now as well.

11 Likes

Outdoor Update:

Group:

Pura Vida F2 S1. Starting to get her fade going. Not necessarily the prettiest to look at, but her smells are amazing. Real sour lemon pine smell coming off her. Very much like her mother, but I think a little louder. Been flowering for 60 days, but I think with the cold weather slowing her growth will go another 3 weeks before finishing.

Headband x Chem D. Has shown sex, so thinking she’ll begin flowering soon. Gotta get these last plants finished by the end of may so they don’t reveg.

Mothers Milk F2:

Mothers Milk F2. This plant got really root bound and was kicked out of the tent during a cold spell. Took a really long time for her to bounce back, so I decided to use her as an experiment to try and reverse a female. Hit her with elite x elite spray about a week and a half ago. She is throwing pistils, so hoping to see some balls soon.

10 Likes

@JustSumTomatoes 2 ounces of Norge decarbed and ready to be made into butter. Excited to see how heavy the stone is in some edibles!

6 Likes

Decided to make a temple ball out of some bubble hash that I was previously planning on using for edibles. After recently making a mini one out of kief, I had to make another.

Hash inside turkey bag:

Hash after rolled with hot water bottle for 15 minutes:

Rolled into ball between gloved hands for a few minutes:

Final weight in:

It’s going to be a good weekend!

11 Likes

Think I’m going to flip the tent next Sunday. Planning on doing some defoliation and a big top dressing before then with some worm castings and barley. Also was able to take a clone and root it of my more vigorous Mel’s GDP. First time I’ve rooted a clone directly into dirt vs. a glass of water.

|Ken’s GDP|Bubba Kush|
|Mel’s GDP | Mel’s GDP|

Clone looks a little ragged, but is rooting nicely, so I think she’ll come around.

10 Likes

I top dressed my plants with compost, fresh worm castings, and some sprouted ground up barley/hemp seeds, this week, and it has created a fuzzy white layer. I think this is good, and what was intended, but since this is the first time I’ve experienced this, can anyone confirm this is a good mycelium, and not some crazy outbreak of spider mites? I found a couple webs a few weeks back that I have been spraying spinosad for weekly, and I am little jumpy with fuzzy white stuff that could resemble a web.

8 Likes

Looks like the good stuff to me! That mycelium should tear through that compost, probably won’t be able to recognize it in two weeks. Looking great over here!

3 Likes

Phew! Thank you for confirming that, and the compliment! I’m not as careful as I should be going between my indoor and outdoor plants, and my garden seems to host spider mites from time to time.

1 Like

Outdoor Update:
With the Blueberry project over, it’s getting a little more lonely out in the yard. Pura Vida F2 S1 is about done, and should be harvested sometime in the next week or so. Trying to germinate a few autoflowers outdoor and see if I can get them to grow into a decent size before I start my summer crop mid May.

Group

Headband x Chem D is going into flowering now, as well as the Mothers Milk F2. I’m a little concerned that they may not be able to fully flower without revegging. I harvested my last winter outdoor plants last year May 1st, but these will probably need until May 15th. Curious to see how it goes.

Mothers Milk F2

Mothers Milk F2 reversal candidate. Have sprayed twice with elite x elite, but I don’t think she is going to grow balls. I could probably throw some pollen on her to make a few seeds, but I’m not sure it’s worth the trouble. Might be culled soon as I won’t be able to smoke any buds that grow.

Pura Vida F2 S1 will probably be harvested this weekend. Starting to lose buds to mold. The caterpillars back! It was nice to have a few months with them subdued as I really didn’t see many until now. If anybody would like to grow these, I have a few that I would be happy to trade for some other homegrown chucks, or just gift. This plant looks kinda rough, but smells so good. Lemony and chemmy.

10 Likes

I’m but slow on the reply, but that looks consistent with my malted barley powder top-dressings.

That Mother’s Milk looks like a happy lady!

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate it. I’m excited for this Mothers Milk. I was lucky to get a nice big pack of them from Olereynard before he departed OG, and figured I would grow this little one as a preview, for the larger one I plan to grow this summer!

4 Likes

Hey everyone, I wanted to say thank you to those who have been following along, sharing their seeds, and providing me advice through this journal. I have learned so much from logging my grows and getting feedback from other users. As I’ve been posting, I did my first big seed chuck of AK Bean Brains Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry, and ended up with 1600 seeds! I reached out to AK and asked if I could share these, and he had no problem as long as they aren’t for sale. He is still producing f1’s of this cross, so I think that’s pretty cool of him! I would like to share these with anyone that is interested, and has been following along here. I understand we all have a lot of seeds, so no worries if you aren’t interested, just wanted to offer. I also have a more limited amount of (Blue Dream x Mendo Breath) x (BB Muffin x Vintage BB) to share as well. I’ll list some names that have been liking posts and been following along for a while, and if you are interested in these seeds PM me.

Seeds:

Germ Test: 11/15 after 36 hours

@JustSumTomatoes @syzygy @Oldtimerunderground @Rogue @Cbizzle @Granola @Slick1 @ramblinrose @iamyou_youareme @ReikoX @MidwestMover @Cartwright @NorthNorthNugs @Berserker7205 @lophophora.ca @Chronickyle @WubbaLubbaDubDub @FattyRoots @Herbie @E_L_Guapo @chronix @Meesh @nube
If I left anyone I out apologize. Ping me just the same.

22 Likes

Very cool @Greasy! Good on you for sharing that OG spirit around! (And for checking with the breeder)

12 Likes

Awesome! Glad it all went well and appreciate the offer for some BB goodness!

12 Likes