Greasy's Journal

Indoor run hit a little bit of a speed bump as I let my plants get rootbound, and they’ve been struggling to recover. I used rootwise myco product on the seedlings and it got them producing full rooted cups faster than I have ever experienced before. The GDP and Bubba Clones are doing well pictured in the center below, and in the same soil mix, so I can rule that out as the issue. It’s been almost a week and a half since transplant and they are still looking a little rough, so I’m glad I started with a bunch of plants. I threw some of the other sad ones outdoors to see if they’ll perk up.

The group:

Example of rootbound plant at transplant:

Any tips for helping them recover more quickly? I’ve been alternating between plain water, and aloe and coco to try and soothe them. I’ve got plenty of time, and am thankful that with the GDP clone, I’ve got 3 GDP females, and 3 GDP males to try and make some seeds as that was my main goal with this grow.

5 Likes

Chemdog D x Birthday Cake - Cannardo Smoke Report

Bud Shots:
At 63 days flowering

Flash

No Flash

Bag appeal:
Great bag appeal on this strain. Incredibly coated in frost with some bluish hues to offset the green bud and orange hairs.

Smell and taste:
Smell and taste I think is really a nice mix of both parents. Getting some sour from the Chemdog mixed in with the dessert strain sweetness. Very smooth smoke given the potency.

Potency and effects:
I would describe this for me as weekend daytime indica smoke. The high is mood enhancing and can be described as buoyant as it lifts you up. I would say it has some real brightness to it to balance out the overall mellow indica sedative affects. My girlfriend cracked me up last night when I was asking her about it and she described the high as “my brain is like a bubble inside of a cloud, because i’m pillowed in the goodness”. That’s a pretty darn good review in my books, haha. I know it’s a bit of an unpopular opinion on OG, but I enjoy GSC derivative strains. They are really flavorful and tasty, and are easy on me in creating any anxiety. I know this may seem boring for others, but I enjoy that predictability, so I think this cross really shows the best of both worlds with a cookies strain and a chem strain crossed.

Overall:
Really nice smooth smoke, with delicious flavors, that provides an indica leaning high that is great for goofing around. Can be smoked to be social with others, or in greater quantity to get that night time indica couchlock meds. I’m really enjoying it!

9 Likes

Outdoor Update

Group:

Blue Dream x Mendo Breath has a couple seeds starting to show and really purpling up:

Blueberry Muffins x Vintage Blueberry:

Pura Vida F2 S1:

GDP males:

12 Likes

Things have really turned around inside the tent. Everyone got over being rootbound and are looking pretty cheerful. Going to do their first round of topping tonight. The Bubba clone and Headband x Chem D have really branchy structure that I like, and the Mothers Milk F2 also looks really promising. Only four will get to stay in the tent, with two going outside once I get some more space out there.

8 Likes

Outdoor Update:

Group shot:

Pura Vida F2 S1:

Blue Dream x Mendo Breath:

Vintage Blueberry x Blueberry Muffins. This plant is fading hard. Had a little bud come off due to rot, and seeds are looking pretty close! Think I’ll give it another ten days to be safe.

GDP Males. Left behind a fence for a week with limited light, and they really stretched out. Started to develop their pollen sacks.

8 Likes

Decided to clip off this bud that had developed some rot to see how the blueberry muffins x vintage blueberry f2 seeds are doing, and I think they are ready. I’m still going to give it another week to really mature, but I got 90 seeds that look pretty good to me out of this, with only a handful of immature ones.

6 Likes

SFV OG x Bubba Kush Smoke Report - Cross Posted on CSI Thread

Bud Shots:
At 64 days flowering

Flash 60 day cure

Sunlight 60 day cure

Bag appeal:
Nice purpling on these. I’m thinking it could have been cold induced vs. strain dependent as there were lower night time temps finishing. Lots of frost. Good bag appeal to me

Smell and taste:
The smell is sweet earthy kush flavors, and the flavor really parallels that. Very earthy, slightly sweet flavor with maybe a touch of sour in the after taste

Potency and effects:
Solid potency on this plant. Not nearly as potent as the Loompa’s Headband x TK, but that’s OK for me. This stuff is real easy going in comparison. Sedative is the right word for this cross. Very much night time medicine. Great for putting on a movie and zoning out. Definitely helps move me towards sleep, but I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily an insomnia strain. I’m growing out a legit cut of Bubba now so I’ll be curious to see how it compares when smoked to this to see if it truly is a Bubba leaner.

Overall:
Another winner from CSI! I generally prefer Indica dominant couch lock strains, so this was right up my alley. Incredibly relaxing, smooth smoking, flavorful pot that helps me wind down. No thinking about your work day after smoking this stuff. I’m really impressed that I was able to pop one seed out of a 7 pack and find this, and glad I’ve got more!

10 Likes

This GDP male is the first of the three to start dropping pollen. Brought it indoors so that it won’t pollinate my Pura Vida f2 which still has plenty of white pistils to be pollinated. Figure I can have males outdoor here from December through February as it has to be a pretty darn uncommon grow season. Kind of nice to be able to do a few little breeding projects in that little window without having to lose any tent space to males.

Also decided since I’m pursuing this GDP seed project that I would kick out my Headband x Chem D plant from the tent outside, after seeing @Oldtimerunderground 's hermie issue. OTUG have you flowered out the other two you had going? Did they prove unstable as well? It’s my best vegger of six plants I have going so I was sad to kick it out, but I know it’s the right thing to do.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, the other 2 phenos that showed some variegation also hermed a little over a week into flower.

On the bright side I’ve been seriously enjoying your updates and smoke reports!! Great stuff @Greasy!! :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s good to know. Guess the chem d really adds that instability. I’ll be on the watch for it.

I really appreciate that @Oldtimerunderground . I am really having a great time experimenting and expanding my skill set.

2 Likes

Tahoe OG x Bubba Kush Smoke Report - Cross Posted on CSI Thread

Bud Shot:
At 64 days flowering

Flash 60 day cure

Sunlight 60 day cure

Bag appeal:
Classic lighter green colored bud, with orange hairs. A little frost on them, but not too much.

Smell and taste:
They have a light sweet lemon scent. These got dried out more quickly than I would have liked, so not very strong smell on them. The flavor is more pronounced than the smell, primarily being earthy, with light lemon. Overall not very loud in either smell or taste.

Potency and effects:
Medium potency on this strain. I’ve been a big fan of Tahoe OG for a long time, and was curious to see if this cross would be similar, and I would say the effects are what I generally find when I purchase this strain from the dispensary. A short sativa like come up with heady effects, followed by a deep stone, which will make you eat everything in your house and then fall asleep. Very heavy couch lock, and makes me as dumb as can be.

Overall:
Was pleased to find a Tahoe OG leaning plant that had the effects I was looking for. Really fun weed if you are into narcotic effects. I don’t smoke it all that frequently, as it’s more for when I get a night to myself and don’t need to interact with anyone, but when I have that freedom it’s perfect. I do want to say that as much as I enjoy the effects of the plant, it was a really challenging plant to grow. It had an incredibly slow veg, long internodal spacing, and really didn’t branch out at all, which led to a very small yield, all while being incredibly fussy. I could not make the plant happy through it’s whole life. I was kind of hoping I wouldn’t like the effects as much as I do, so I wouldn’t have to try and grow it again. But, I really enjoy it, and I have two packs of it to work through, so I will try and run it again sometime soon.

10 Likes

Blueberry Muffins x Vintage Blueberry chopped and hanging to dry. The plant had 8 weeks to mature after being pollinated, and the seeds coming out now have a darker color with some tiger striping. Wonder how many seeds I’ll get from this little plant. I think it did pretty well for being an outdoor winter plant, that only had 21 days veg time before it showed sex. It was pollinated by three males, so hopefully I can find some more blueberry terped plants from these seeds.

17 Likes

Blue Dream x Mendo Breath taken down this morning after flowering for 11 weeks. Plant was pollinated by Blueberry Muffins x Vintage Blueberry, but not fully, so there should still be some smoke from this one. This is my first plant I’ve grown that has turned that dark purple almost black, and the first plant to have fan leaf trichomes. Pretty cool!

Edit: anyone know where @growinghigher might reside on other sites? I would like to share some seed with him if I can find him.

16 Likes

Everyone is happy in the tent right now. Kicked out the Mothers Milk F2 and Headband x Chem D to outside so now we have our final line up. I’m having a difficult time finding a way to legibly type in which plant is which within the photo, so I’ll just show it as a grid.
|Mel’s GDP|Bubba Kush|
|Ken’sGDP|Mel’s GDP|

10 Likes

Try Instagram or ICMag

1 Like

Thanks for stopping by @TheUnderground. You should head over to the Introduce Yourself @OG thread to introduce yourself to the community.

2 Likes

GDP pollen collecting is going well, with the GDP males moved to my kitchen. Have snipped the top off of the earliest dropping male and to more easily collect, and the second two plants are beginning to drop now as well.

11 Likes

Outdoor Update:

Group:

Pura Vida F2 S1. Starting to get her fade going. Not necessarily the prettiest to look at, but her smells are amazing. Real sour lemon pine smell coming off her. Very much like her mother, but I think a little louder. Been flowering for 60 days, but I think with the cold weather slowing her growth will go another 3 weeks before finishing.

Headband x Chem D. Has shown sex, so thinking she’ll begin flowering soon. Gotta get these last plants finished by the end of may so they don’t reveg.

Mothers Milk F2:

Mothers Milk F2. This plant got really root bound and was kicked out of the tent during a cold spell. Took a really long time for her to bounce back, so I decided to use her as an experiment to try and reverse a female. Hit her with elite x elite spray about a week and a half ago. She is throwing pistils, so hoping to see some balls soon.

10 Likes

@JustSumTomatoes 2 ounces of Norge decarbed and ready to be made into butter. Excited to see how heavy the stone is in some edibles!

6 Likes

Decided to make a temple ball out of some bubble hash that I was previously planning on using for edibles. After recently making a mini one out of kief, I had to make another.

Hash inside turkey bag:

Hash after rolled with hot water bottle for 15 minutes:

Rolled into ball between gloved hands for a few minutes:

Final weight in:

It’s going to be a good weekend!

11 Likes