Greasy's Journal

Sweet it’s awesome when current and past are similar in quality. Looking forward to seeing your smoke report

4 Likes

I have a really good set up to make seeds every winter grow season in my yard, and had been planning on F3’ing the Mothers Milk F2’s I had from Motz/Olereynard, but it looks like there is going to be a co-op reproduction now. I don’t think I really have anything else in my current seed stock that isn’t still available by the breeders that made it, or that really calls to me to reproduce.

I was thinking it might be kind of cool to try and F6 the Black Lime Special Reserve F5’s Useful Seeds has worked on from Mean Gene. I don’t think I’ll ever be buying any $300 packs from Mean Gene directly, so this could be a fun, and affordable way to spread that work around a little bit. Anyone have any experience with Useful Seeds? He has a pretty active RIU page.

Here is the pack I would be buying to reproduce: https://dcseedexchange.com/product/black-lime-special-reserve-f5-10-regular-seeds/

12 Likes

Haven’t Ran any of his gear but been following his work for awhile seems like a real quality dude has a pretty good presence on riu those blr seems like a real awesome cultivar, I feel you there love meangenes work but can’t see me shelling out that kind of dough for a pack I think that would be a awesome choice and stoked to see @catapult run those f2s of mm after seeing your girl and a few others along with the descriptions of it need to try that mothers milk

7 Likes

@Greasy Stunning colors! Amazing buds!! Wow!! GDP! Serious one you have!! Congrats!

2 Likes

What’s this you say? I looked and only could find the repro that’s closed. Is there a thread you can point me to? Thanks bud!

5 Likes

No journal, just a vote in the Seed run Co-op Voting thread. Should be fun to watch! I don’t think we’ve seen a bad one grown here on OG yet.

8 Likes

catapult is going to be doing a repro on these with seeds Sebring sent but not till fall so they will end up in next years spring box.

3 Likes

Great! Thank you @DougDawson!

2 Likes

DD speaks true, w a little luck we’ll get the milk flowing come spring time!!

Nice thread u got here @Greasy !! Some tasty looking ladies up above. Don’t mean to crash your MM plans, if you do decide to run em, we could always share pollens:)

5 Likes

No worries. I figured if they hadn’t been reproduced I would go ahead and do so to share. I wouldn’t have been doing a co-op run, just make seeds to pass out myself.

3 Likes

I was eyeing those BLR F5’s for a while too

3 Likes

Thank you @greasy for the link!

2 Likes

Seedlings are coming along inside and out.

Inside:

|Good Old Days|Loompa’s HB x TK|
|Sun Ra |Sherbert x Wedding Cake|

Outside:

|Goji F2|BB Muffin x Vintage BB F2|
|Goji F2|Sherbert x Wedding Cake|
|Goji F2|Sun Ra|

15 Likes

Looking good @greasy! I like your choices for this run! Have you grown Sun Ra before?

3 Likes

Thank you! I haven’t grown Sun Ra before. These are actually the first Bodhi F1’s I’ve grown generously donated by @syzygy. I’m hoping to find a lot of therapeutic, clear headed, good feeling daytime smoke from this summers grow. Spent so many years chasing Indica dom hybrids that make you dumb, so trying to explore some alternatives and see what else I like. I think early harvested dispensary sativas made sativa a bad word in my house for a long time.

9 Likes

I’ll definitely be following along! Sun Ra is at the top of my list, along with like 30 other strains. Ha!
Space Monkey was one that the wife and I loved! Soaring, clear headed, magic carpet ride; good for day or night! I have all these strains, but I keep thinking about that Monkey.
Aloha @Greasy!

5 Likes

Oh man, I love my outdoor sativas! Can’t get enough of them! I saw you were talking about the munchies and the GDP. Yep. I grew a strawberry diesel one year that was the worst. I swear you would clear the fridge. Kinda nervous about the sour diesel I have going this year. Hope the munchie thing isn’t a typical diesel thing lol

5 Likes

Started a batch of fresh EWC compost tea last night, and had a couple questions I would ask other tea makers. How much do you dilute your teas, and do you use them for foliar sprays at all? I haven’t foliared tea before, but it seems like another good way to stretch it. I’ve only got some much fresh castings in reserve so I’m trying to spread it as much as possible, while still packing a good nutrient punch.

9 Likes

I personally use full strength teas but being mainly about the microbes and not a true nutritional feed I’d assume you could dilute it by 50 to 75 percent and still have it be effective as they are still getting to the plants I haven’t used as a foliar but I assume it would be similar to doing a “imo” spray

6 Likes

Probably too late for this, but I also use full-strength teas. If the plants need more water afterwards, I’ll just use fresh water.

I foliared with a tea once, didn’t like the way the plants looked afterwards, but I dunno if that had anything to do with the tea. People swear by it, I’m sure it doesn’t hurt them or anything. I wouldn’t dilute it if I was foliaring with it, either. I’m brewing one right now, actually thought about using some as a foliar when it’s ready tomorrow, but I doubt there’ll be enough left over after the drench.

This is a good read, if you haven’t read it yet: http://microbeorganics.com/

7 Likes